It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Grieving Mother's Campaign Against Bush's War

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

as posted by Souljah
If he would talk to her in the start....

He did, Souljah, back in 2004.
She will not get another opportunity.
She is not an exceptional case, as has been proven.
She is a voice, pawn, and puppet for the anti-war, anti-Bush angry and hate-filled left; the new Tokyo Rose of the mainstream media.
She got her 15 minutes, time is up and time for her to move on with her life and in truly honoring the sacrifice her son made.
Instead, she seeks to continue to use his death as her political crutch for grandstanding purposes. Ask her husband how he feels about the situation and her convictions when applied to honoring their son's memory, k?

seekerof

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
She can live out the rest of her days in that ditch by the side of the road fro all I care! What right does she have demanding to meet with the President to talk to him about her son's death! NONE! I guess she forgot that this is a VOLUNTEER military and that her son fought bravely for a cause that HE believed in. Such a shame that she has to piss all over his memory and his honor. It is further a shame that she has become the mouthpiece for liberals like Michael Moore(on). Sadly, at some point she is going to realize how wrong she is and is going to be embarrassed for doing this to her son's memory.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well taking in consideration that Mr. Bush can not take criticism face on or one to one I guess he will soil his pants if he has to face the mother of the one of the soldiers that gave his life of his corporate friends.

May be if she demands a representative from all the "corporate interest in Iraq" to be with Mr. Bush to meet with her again he may feel a littler bit better, after all they are the ones that backed him up and the war also.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well taking in consideration that Mr. Bush can not take criticism face on or one to one I guess he will soil his pants if he has to face the mother of the one of the soldiers that gave his life of his corporate friends.

He has met with quite a number of parents and families that have lost their children in the war in Iraq, marg.
What fantasy are sharing today?

Here's a little thought for some of you:
If Cindy Sheehan was against this war long before her son was killed in Iraq, why did she not voice her contempt and anger and pose the questions she is now currently wishing to ask THEN, when the Sheehan family met Bush in 2004?

Who is soiling in whose pants then and now?

seekerof

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thats not a fair question. Her son wasnt dead before.

I'm sure as a mother she prayed for his safe return home daily. Mothers do that, Oh great Ice Prince

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
If this president is as moral and God fearing as he claims what would be the harm in getting over there and giving this woman 10 minutes of his precious time and reassure her that (gulp) he's doing what is best for the world, yada yada yada....Instead he allows this to become highly politisized and a public spectacle for the nation and the world to see..

No SHE'S the one making this into a "spectacle" and politicizing it.
www.drudgereport.com...

BUSH PROTESTING MOM CALLS FOR 'ISRAEL OUT OF PALESTINE'; VOWS NOT TO PAY TAXES

Anti-war protestor Cindy Sheehan, whose soldier son Casey was killed in Iraq, is calling for Bush's "impeachment," and for Israel to get out of Palestine!

"You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism," Sheehan declares.

Sheehan, who is asking for a second meeting with President Bush, says defiantly: "My son was killed in 2004. I am not paying my taxes for 2004. You killed my son, George Bush, and I don't owe you a penny...you give my son back and I'll pay my taxes. Come after me (for back taxes) and we'll put this war on trial."

"And now I'm going to use another 'I' word - impeachment - because we cannot have these people pardoned. They need to be tried on war crimes and go to jail."

The 48-year-old California mom remains tented up in a ditch along the one-lane road that leads to Bush's Texas ranch.

As her protest entered its second week, hundreds of people with conflicting opinions about the war in Iraq descended on the area.

TIME mag reports in new editions on Monday: Sheehan gets support from her surviving son, Andy, in principle, but he recently sent her a long e-mail imploring her, "to come home because you need to support us at home."

So what if he has already met with her?! Do it again. darn it. WTF

If she wasn't satisfied the first time, what makes you think she'll be satisfied the second? Or third? Or fourth?

Aren't these people supposed to be pro choice? Her son made a choice to join the Army....

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

As a matter of fact, her son was indeed dead, prior to meeting Bush for her consoling kiss on the cheek, dgtempe.

And it is a fair and legit question that will undoubtedly be dismissed.

If Cindy Sheehan was against this war long before her son was killed in Iraq, why did she not voice her contempt and anger and pose the questions she is now currently wishing to ask THEN, when the Sheehan family met Bush in 2004?

seekerof

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

May be if she demands a representative from all the "corporate interest in Iraq" to be with Mr. Bush to meet with her again he may feel a littler bit better, after all they are the ones that backed him up and the war also.

Sadly (For you) Oh uninformed one, President Bush DID meet with Mrs. Sheehan after her son's death... (www.thereporter.com...). Perhaps if people stopped living in a fantasy world, investigated the facts and put some good old fashioned logic to work they wouldn't be so easily manipulated by the lying liberals!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This will be in next week's Newsweek.

'I'm Sorry'

'I'm So Sorry'

In emotional private meetings with the families of soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, President Bush offers solace—and seeks some of his own.

By Holly Bailey and Evan Thomas
Newsweek
Aug. 22, 2005 issue - The grieving room was arranged like a doctor's office. The families and loved ones of 33 soldiers killed in Iraq or Afghanistan were summoned to a large waiting area at Fort Bragg, N.C. For three hours, they were rotated through five private rooms, where they met with President George W. Bush, accompanied by two Secret Service men and a photographer. Because the walls were thin, the families awaiting their turn could hear the crying inside.

President Bush was wearing "a huge smile," but his eyes were red and he looked drained by the time he got to the last widow, Crystal Owen, a third-grade schoolteacher who had lost her husband in Iraq. "Tell me about Mike," he said immediately. "I don't want my husband's death to be in vain," she told him. The president apologized repeatedly for her husband's death. When Owen began to cry, Bush grabbed her hands. "Don't worry, don't worry," he said, though his choking voice suggested that he had worries of his own. The president and the widow hugged. "It felt like he could have been my dad," Owen recalled to NEWSWEEK. "It was like we were old friends. It almost makes me sad. In a way, I wish he weren't the president, just so I could talk to him all the time."

Bush likes to play the resolute War Leader, and he has never been known for admitting mistakes or regret. But that does not mean that he is free of doubt. For the past three years, Bush has been living in two worlds—unwavering and confident in public, but sometimes stricken in private. Bush's meetings with widows like Crystal Owen offer a rare look inside that inner, private world.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Who is soiling in whose pants now?
seekerof

Exactly! How many times does he need to meet with this woman? How about all the other Amercan people? Let's say he meets with her AGAIN, just so she can say what she forgot to say before. Will she then be happy? Will that fix what she feels is broken? Then, what about every other single person that wants their face time with Mr. Prez? Should they get another chance as well? When does it stop? When do you say 'enough is enough'? After Cindy? After the other mothers? How about each time a liberal camps out in front of his ranch?

Perhaps he should be a counselor instead of a President? I'm sure people would then just b*tch that he charges for his time.

SHE GOT HER FACE TIME! She needs to go home, grieve, and honor her son.

Hindsight's 20/20, wouldn't it be nice if we could all turn around and say what we forgot to say?

I feel for her loss, but this is getting ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Does anybody knows where I can send donations to this couragous women crusade, she is the best thing that is happening to American in a long time.

By the way is Mr. Bush still on vacation?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

As i said, he was alive then. Zero in on "long before her son was killed"

I will give you this. She probably will never be satisfied. But if he were human, he should try it one more time, IMHO. He's neither human nor smart.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

By the way is Mr. Bush still on vacation?

Yea I think so - it's that time of the Year again, when the Friends meet and say a word or two in that "Groove" somewhere in the Woods....

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
How the families of lost ones are feeling now. Others, like Cindy, are beginning to see the war for what it is. A lot of us wanted to, and did believe, our president. Now, however, the wool is being lifted from our eyes.

Papers note anti war sentiments at funerals

As to why she didn't ask these questions before...before her son died??? Who would she have asked? Seems like a life must be sacrificed before you get to meet with the prez. After he died???? If you have never grieved the loss of a loved one, especially a child, then you wouldn't know, nor understand. At that time you're running on auto pilot. You're numb and there is a lot of people and other events to deal with. You are dealing with every situation immediately as it arises, and that is all you can deal with at that time.

I'm curious to know, those of you who think she's wrong, do you not wonder when will it end, what are we there for?
www.journalstar.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Rep congressman's views

www.house.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">a view from the hill
They're wondering. Now that should make you want to ask questions, and wouldn't it be great to have the opportunity to ask the questions and possibly get an answer, or a "sorry, my mistake" ?

Am I a bush hating liberal?
I believe in pro life.
I believe in the ten commandments staying wherever they are.
I believe in Creation.
I believe I should be able to speak of God and Christ whenever and wherever I want too.
I believe mangers ought to be in public at Christmas time.

While in Canada last year, I was asked by a young man what I thought of Bush, did I like him. I answered "He's my president and I respect him."

I think she is in a unique situation and a sad one it is, but it is an opportunity that she needs to take advantage of, as a grieving mother, as an American.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by gypsyskyes]

[edit on 15-8-2005 by gypsyskyes]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
She can live out the rest of her days in that ditch by the side of the road fro all I care! What right does she have demanding to meet with the President to talk to him about her son's death! NONE! I guess she forgot that this is a VOLUNTEER military and that her son fought bravely for a cause that HE believed in. Such a shame that she has to piss all over his memory and his honor. It is further a shame that she has become the mouthpiece for liberals like Michael Moore(on). Sadly, at some point she is going to realize how wrong she is and is going to be embarrassed for doing this to her son's memory.

Here Here kozmo. I could not have said it better myself.

I think that it is interesting to note about the divorce proceedings. It is not enough that she has to take on this crackpot crusade. Now she has to be blamed for the failure of her own marriage.

I just wish she would take her families advice and just go home.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The only sick person in this story is this mother who is using her son's noble sacrifice to push her own political agenda thereby disgracing and dishonoring her son.

I'm sure her son is rolling in his grave.

I am just waiting for the day when she is arrested for evading her income tax. She has made her intentions publically known, so there is really no defense that she can fall back on.

Course, then she will just get more time on the news as she goes off to jail as a "hero." Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gypsyskyes
As to why she didn't ask these questions before...before her son died??? Who would she have asked? Seems like a life must be sacrificed before you get to meet with the prez. After he died???? If you have never grieved the loss of a loved one, especially a child, then you wouldn't know, nor understand. At that time you're running on auto pilot. You're numb and there is a lot of people and other events to deal with. You are dealing with every situation immediately as it arises, and that is all you can deal with at that time.

Is that why she stated this below just after that meeting?

"I now know [the president is] sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis. I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith." She added that President Bush "gave us ... the gift of happiness, of being together."

My post, page three
But wait, I thought she was positively against the war long before her son was killed in Iraq?
Btw, I lost a nephew over in Iraq in 2003. Your other above mentions must have been referring to those who had not lost loved ones in Iraq or in a war/conflict?

I'm curious to know, those of you who think she's wrong, do you not wonder when will it end, what are we there for?

I'm not against her vocalizing her contempt and rhetoric, I am against her using her son's death to political grandstand.
As far as "wondering" over when this all will end, sure I wonder, but not in the same way as you or others wonder: from the anti-war perspective.
And no, I wonder not as to why we are there. I'll leave that to the anti-war crowd to hash and re-hashx100.

I think she is in a unique situation and a sad one it is, but it is an opportunity that she needs to take advantage of, as a grieving mother, as an American.

At the expense of using her son's death in her own political quest?
At the expense of her family?
At the expense of her husband and marriage?
At the expense of Michael Moore, CodePink, MoveOn.org, and the mainstream anti-war, anti-Bush media?
She is neither unique nor exceptional.
Her case is but one of 1800+ others.
She is a pawn in a political game of anti- versus pro-.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It doesn't mater who this woman is or where she came from. She has become an icon for anti war. The people were looking for direction and an outlet for their frustrations over a government that just won't listen to them. She has become that figurehead.

unfortunately the media and government have to discredit her and have to make her out to be treasonous because SHE IS having an impact, she is bringing more and more people out from the woodwork to have their say. Its not all going smoothly now, there is public opposition to the machine.

Much of what she says maybe has been put their by people around her. I don't think the situation is just a simple matter of meeting the president now. Its gotten bigger. The arrogance of the administration to not talk or listen to their people now has it's reaction amongst those people.

Put the matter to a public referendum once and for all. Everyone has their say

Do you want the troops to stay in Iraq
simple yes no vote. ....Is the president doing what the people want? Or is he doing what he and his surrounders want?

One problem is that the american people seem to have 9/11 to much in front of their minds when looking at this issue.

Many have not separated the WTC disaster from the Iraq conflict, it is the one and the same for them. I have seen members here saying "well they attacked us" when talking about the need for troops in Iraq.............no the books say Al Quaeda attacked the USA not the Iraqi's.

It is one and the same for many and until they realise the Iraqis didn't do 9/11 and as far as the Iraqi's are concerned they don't want the Americans in their country, then there will be no serious thought put to this issue by 'the quiet ones"

People in the western world are complacent, they live well have many toys and are well fed and housed? They don't want to step out of that comfort zone and risk losing that. They do not speak out because they don't care, as long as their fave shows are on telly and their fave beers in the fridge and their fave car in garage to take for a spin.

This woman lost her comfort zone. The worst thing for a parent is to bury a child that should have outlived them. I know I watched my parents bury my sister.

I say to her go for it, she already has lost everything that meant something to her, she spent 20 years or more nuturing that child, bringing that child up to be an adult, get married, have children and enjoy life, that has been robbed from her, nothing left just an empty black hole of pain, agonizing pain and heartache. she has lost her future and nothing can replace it.

She has a right to have her say, she has a right to question the administration... it is not treason

and lets face it ..if we could all get out of paying taxes we would.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
unfortunately the media and government have to discredit her and have to make her out to be treasonous because SHE IS having an impact, she is bringing more and more people out from the woodwork to have their say. Its not all going smoothly now, there is public opposition to the machine.

You have my vote for this month.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
This woman lost her comfort zone. The worst thing for a parent is to bury a child that should have outlived them. I know I watched my parents bury my sister.

I say to her go for it, she already has lost everything that meant something to her, she spent 20 years or more nuturing that child, bringing that child up to be an adult, get married, have children and enjoy life, that has been robbed from her, nothing left just an empty black hole of pain, agonizing pain and heartache. she has lost her future and nothing can replace it.

She has a right to have her say, she has a right to question the administration... it is not treason

and lets face it ..if we could all get out of paying taxes we would.

Your silly attempts to squeeze out sympath where there is none is...well....silly.

If you honestly think she's doing all this out of grief for her son then......I can just hope others aren't as ignorant.
Look my sincerest condolences go out to her and her family. Losing someone hurts. Bad.

But her "cause".....all this crap she's doing?
Nope, can't get with it.
I would totally support her if:
1. She was sincere
2. Bush hadn't already met with her
3. Her son was forced into the army against his will
4. She wasn't politicizing this and
5. If she wasn't blatently exploiting her son's death

You only get three but she has five strikes against her. Can't support that.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join