It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Grieving Mother's Campaign Against Bush's War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Cindy Sheehan, the mother of a soldier killed in the Iraq war has met with two White House Aides and has pledged to hold a roadside protest until Bush himself agrees to meet with her to discuss the war in Iraq and the lies told about Weapons of Mass Destruction. The meeting with the aides took place in Crawford, Texas where the president is spending August at his ranch. Mrs Sheehan who has formed a group called 'Gold Star Families For Peace" was accompanied by about 50 anti war protesters and all were stopped from approaching the ranch. Some protesters turned back but Mrs Sheehan has stayed put declaring she will stay until Mr Bush agrees to talk with her over her concerns about the Iraqi War.

news.yahoo.com
She alleged that Secret Service agents in Crawford were trying to coerce her into leaving. She said the agents have told protesters that if they stay along the road, about five miles from Bush's ranch, they may be hit by Secret Service vehicles.

The Secret Service in Washington said it was unaware of any such incidents.

"We respect the right of the public to demonstrate to express their views," said Secret Service spokesman Jonathan Cherry. "Our goal is to have a safe environment for our protectees — in this case — the president — and the demonstrators who want to express their views

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Mrs Sheehan previously met with the president just after her sons death and she states she was numb at the time and now she is just angry about the war and it's consequences.

After speaking with the Aides on the roadside for 45 minutes this week Mrs Sheehan said she was appreciative but undaunted and will continue the vigil.

"They said the President really believed that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction," she said. "And I told them: 'I might be a grieving mom, but you men are very intelligent, and I know you don't believe what you're telling me'. The Age Australia - free Login Required

I think this lady will gain more support as time goes by and more and more families lose loved ones. She does have a right to question Bush on his motives and lies about weapons of mass destruction, after all it did cost her her family.

Related News Links:
www.dailykos.com
www.michaelmoore.com
www.guardian.co.uk

[edit on 7-8-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Poor lady. I suggest she goes and seek professional help and back off. It will take a lot on her part to do this, but she has no choice. President Bush isnt going to listen or apologize to her for the death of her son. Nor is he going to end this war at the request of one woman. Half the country and the world doesnt want this mess, and has he listened?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
No he won't listen

but it's people like this lady that break ground for others to follow. Hopefully more people will join in the public outcries and calling the president to account for his actions.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I dont expect Bush to talk with every family member that the Iraq war has bereaved. Even if it was a legitmate and justifiable War it would be impossible for him to do so. But this one woman is kind of a symbol of all the bereaved mothers in America. He should meet this one woman if he has any shred of decency. Its the least he can do.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'd say his advisors will advise him to do so and soon because he will be getting bad publicity from this woman and her cause.

It's sad that she will be thought of as some kind of nut by most when she has a legitimate case to take to him, not that she will get the answers she is looking for.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If I was a grieving mother I would be protesting too, this "war" has taken a very hard toll on American families, and as the years come and go and American people starts to realized the motivations for this ongoing conflict the questions are going to start coming.

Who is going to answer to this grieving families? When our government already has made public and very clear that will not take responsibilities for wrong doing.

Well I believe that is about time that the American people starts to push the issue so somebody starts to answer questions.

!!Bravo!! for the mother and other mothers out there that wants accountability.

I hope she doesn't get arrested for "acts of terrorism" against Mr. bush.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I heard Ms. Sheehan on the Mike Malloy program one day and from what she said, there was a meeting between her and Bush. I don't think it went to well...

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
She has certainly paid the price of admission.

She brings home the point [to Bush and Iraq war cheering section] that these are real lives being squandered to turn Iraq from a stable nation with no WMDs to a chaotic land of civil war, and perfect terrorist training ground and Abu Graib Recruiting poster for Al Qaeda.

Her son was sacrificed on the Satanic alter of 'profits for Halibuton'.

She should be allowed to subject Bush and his Whitehouse crew to the same tortures used in Abu Graib and Gitmo to get some answers about who is responsible for this 1/5th of a TRILLION dollar fiasco.

It seems likely that the 9 billion dollars embezzled in Iraq are helping to fund terrorism and insurgents there.

Stick it to him Mrs. Sheehan!

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
humm. I wonder how many people that have responded to this thread would apologize to the family members of those people that have been killed by radical islamic terrorists for not supporting a war against those same terrorists.... ??

I wonder if former president Clinton would apologize to those same families for not doing more to stop terrorists....9\11 was planned during Clinton's administration......

The US did not start this war, radical Muslims did, it is more than fair to take the war to their own turf instead of doing nothing, waiting and hoping for radical Muslims not to attack the west once again.

About the WMD.... more and more evidence is coming out that many member countries of the UN, and even the staff of UNMOVIC, were being paid off with the dirty money from the oil for food program, as i have reported many times in the past.

It was in the best interests of these countries (France, Russia, China, Germany) to claim there were no STOCKPILES of WMD, and it was in their best interest not to have fought a war against Iraq because they were getting rich.

Unfortunately lives are lost in wars, and this war is no different, despite what the "hug terrorists and give them kisses and roses" crowd keeps saying.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
You've pretty much missed the point of this thread Muaddib. Can you remain on topic: A grieving mother wants to meet with President Bush.

Do you think he should or shouldnt meet with her. What UNMOVIC has to do with this is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
humm. I wonder how many people that have responded to this thread would apologize to the family members of those people that have been killed by radical islamic terrorists for not supporting a war against those same terrorists.... ??

I wonder if former president Clinton would apologize to those same families for not doing more to stop terrorists....9\11 was planned during Clinton's administration......

The US did not start this war, radical Muslims did, it is more than fair to take the war to their own turf instead of doing nothing, waiting and hoping for radical Muslims not to attack the west once again.

About the WMD.... more and more evidence is coming out that many member countries of the UN, and even the staff of UNMOVIC, were being paid off with the dirty money from the oil for food program, as i have reported many times in the past.

It was in the best interests of these countries (France, Russia, China, Germany) to claim there were no STOCKPILES of WMD, and it was in their best interest not to have fought a war against Iraq because they were getting rich.

Unfortunately lives are lost in wars, and this war is no different, despite what the "hug terrorists and give them kisses and roses" crowd keeps saying.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by Muaddib]

Just can't stand people thinking the war was illegal and wrong can you? Someone dares to grieve for a child lost in a pathetic, destructive, terror-breeding War, and all of a sudden it's the "hug terrorists and give them kisses and roses crowd". Is it really needed? It's almost getting troll-ish.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I feel bad for any mother who has lost a son in the war.

But I can't help but think that this particular mom, is using her sons death to further a personal hatred of Bush..Her son was on a second tour. having re-enlisted. So he knew what was up. He was there because he felt a sense of duty.

I only hope that her "munchausen by proxy"-like need for attention, will eventually give way to a realization, that her son gave his life for something that is bigger than her.

She should be proud of her son as she grieves.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Im sure thats what grieving mothers were told by the Reich when their sons died on the Eastern and Western fronts. Its easy to attempt to assuage a greiving mother of her grief which such nationalistic sentiment but it wont divert a single tear. In fact, until those WMD's are found you shouldnt even say that these kids died for anything worthwhile.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Cindy Sheehan is using the death of her son to political grandstand.

From 2004, as reported in The Reporter of Vacaville, California:

"We haven't been happy with the way the war has been handled," Cindy said. "The president has changed his reasons for being over there every time a reason is proven false or an objective reached."

The 10 minutes of face time with the president could have given the family a chance to vent their frustrations or ask Bush some of the difficult questions they have been asking themselves, such as whether Casey's sacrifice would make the world a safer place.

But in the end, the family decided against such talk, deferring to how they believed Casey would have wanted them to act. In addition, Pat noted that Bush wasn't stumping for votes or trying to gain a political edge for the upcoming election.

And ended:

The trip had one benefit that none of the Sheehans expected.

For a moment, life returned to the way it was before Casey died. They laughed, joked and bickered playfully as they briefly toured Seattle.

For the first time in 11 weeks, they felt whole again.

"That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together," Cindy said.

Sheehans meet President Bush

It appears that now, because of the manipulation of the anti-war folks [ie:groups, organizations, etc.] of the party of hate, she, in her continued anger and sorrow, has become an anti-war tool, who is using her son's death for political grandstanding purposes. Pretty sad and low when the anti-war left has to use and manipulate the anger and sorrow of this woman to their contrieved ways and purposes. Then many wonder why the Democrats are claeed the Party of Hate?

1800+ deaths and countless families affected and going thru the anger and sorrow that Cindy Sheehans family is going thru, and despite being granted a brief meeting with the President, unlike thousands of other families who are going thru the same thing and did not get such brief meetings, she feels her case, her pain, her anger, her sorrow is of such an example, that now she has resorted to using her sons death to political grandstand? Does or would her son want to be remembered this way?

seekerof

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It's pretty simple, what I am saying.

She disagreed with the war, which is her right.
Her sons death is being used to further her personal agenda..
Her son was there, by choice, a second time.
She is using her son, as a martyr.
Based on the fact that her son re-upped, I think she is mis-speaking, for her son, not speaking for him.

See the things that Seekerof has cited.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Muaddib,
And are you going to explain why over 100,000 Iraqis had to die when they had zero connection to 911?

Especially in light of the fact that the perpetrators supposedly all came from Saudi Arabia and Saudi money was used to train these terrorists and support radical hate filled islamic clerics?

NEWSFLASH!
Iraq had no WMDs.
Iraq had no connection to 911.
Iraq didn't used to have terrorist training grounds.

We have funneled 9 billion dollars to unknown elements in Iraq. I would say with certainty that at least some of that money is funding terrorism and insurgents in Iraq.

Iraq is a disaster that is an escalating source of harm to America.
Lies about aluminum rocket tubes were used to sell an otherwise skeptical American public on this Iraq Disaster.
The planning and realistic assesment of Iraqi sentiments and psychology were non-existent.

Guess What! It looks like it could be leading to a civil war between Suni and Shiite muslims while the Kurds simply want a separate nation altogether.

What an 'F'ing mess.

Now are we supposed to just stand by and wave American flags so more young Americans can be murdered to further the profits of Halibuton?

If you support the war in Iraq you are incredibly stupid or you must hate America.

Can ANYONE tell me a single useful thing for America that has been acomplished in Iraq?

edit: spelling

[edit on 8-8-2005 by slank]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Can we leave the partisan rubbish at the door please. Its really useless and counter productive. This is not a right vs. left or Republican vs. Democrat issue. Those who wish to make it so can take their propaganda else where. Partisanship is the epitome of ignorance, do not indulge in it.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

as posted by slank
If you support the war in Iraq you are incredibly stupid or you must hate America.

Stereotypical rhetoric that within ATSNN needs to be squelched.

Can ANYONE tell me a single useful thing for America that has been acomplished in Iraq?

Apparently, according to you and the driven anti-war media, nothing, nada, absolutely el'zippo of usefulness or good is being done in Iraq.

I will not even attempt to address your other mentions being they are so far off this topic, it makes you look like a raving poster-boy for the anti-war movement.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Asking for a SINGLE useful product of the war in Iraq makes me a ranting antiwar poster boy?

I guess asking for facts and truth make me some kind of terrorist too?

What alternate Universe are the staunch Iraq supporters living in?

I just want to know what has been purchased with 1/5th of a Trillion Dollars and 1800 plus young American lives.

Too much to ask?

Obviously it is beyond Seekerof's capacity.

Is there a single tangible positive for America result of the war in Iraq?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
that's just hypocritical on the parent's behalf. they are probably proud of their children going to war as are the children themselves, as soon as they come home in a coffin wrapped in a flag its 'bush murdered my son!'.

parents are obviously going to be upset, this is their only way of venting their frustration.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join