It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Grieving Mother's Campaign Against Bush's War

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

It doesn't mater who this woman is or where she came from. She has become an icon for anti war. The people were looking for direction and an outlet for their frustrations over a government that just won't listen to them. She has become that figurehead.

* Shakes head... you didn't listen or you read that the way you wanted to. No Where did I mention in my reply that I thought she was doing this out of grief for her son.

Silly? Yeah my kids always think I am silly, especially when i pull faces at them

Sympathy? No Empathy.......

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
* Shakes head... you didn't listen or you read that the way you wanted to. No Where did I mention in my reply that I thought she was doing this out of grief for her son.

Silly? Yeah my kids always think I am silly, especially when i pull faces at them

Sympathy? No Empathy.......

That comment wasn't just for you, it was for anyone who may think she's sincere.

btw, Why do YOU think she's doing this?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
What I think and the actual why is two different things.

Reasons why I think she is doing it are varied. but it is not an important question to me. What is important is the phenonema that has become Mrs Sheehan. She is an icon, a face to put to an effort, a reason for everyone to have their say. Just look at how much debate this issue has had here on ATS. When I first wrote the article, it was one of my slowest to make news, I got many no not right replies for the story but somehow I picked it because I knew it would make big headlines and keep going.

It has snowballed from a tiny article byline to a huge event. I can't presume to know what the lady was thinking i can only try step into her shoes from my keyboard here and think why she would and what I would do if I was in that situation.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I don't know if she has embarassed her son,

But Bush has embarassed this entire nation.

Lies and foolishness got us into this Iraq fiasco.
But the Deserter in the Whitehouse can't even see fit to guard our Southern border while we are being invaded.

Bush is a stain on American history.

40,000 to 100,000 people are dead because of the Iraq war.
Now one of them is her son and she has come to Bush to ask what was it for

And the little sheltered whitehouse pansy who can't even face honest debate with opposing viewpoints is hiding again.

Ha, Ha, Ha, the war's just a big joke.

Her son is dead, Ha, Ha, Ha,
What a laugh death is.

The stench of rotting maggot ridden bodies putrifying in the sun is such a riot.
They go splat as you run over them in the road.

We are the sick psycho Americans in big armored vehicles.

So What if little kids who wanted some candy turned into tiny charred corpses.

Ha, Ha, Ha.

America the land of greedy, psychos.

Its fun to watch people turn to hamburger as you perforate them with machine gun fire.

It was such a riot to pee on prisoners at Abu Graib,
frighten them with snarling dogs while they lay naked and smeared with feces,
So we accidentally killed a few there,

Isn't war a lot of fun?!

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
I don't know if she has embarassed her son

But Bush has embarassed this entire nation.

Well this thread is about her, not Bush. There are thousands of Bush bashing threads on this site where you can add your feelings about Bush.

Lies and foolishness got us into this Iraq fiasco.

Maybe so, but these "lies and foolishness" have been going on since the first Gulf War...

And since this thread is about Cindy. Her lies and foolishness is what's making her....whatever she's doing.....bigger than it should be.

But the Deserter in the Whitehouse can't even see fit to guard our Southern border while we are being invaded.

Not sure what this has to do with anything, but let me ask you....how long do you think illegals have been pouring over our border?

Hint: it preceeds Bush by over a hundred years. (but somehow it's his fault?)

Now one of them is her son and she has come to Bush to ask what was it for

And the little sheltered whitehouse pansy who can't even face honest debate with opposing viewpoints is hiding again.

What are you talking about?
What part of he already met with her is so hard to comprehend?
This has been linked before, I'll link it again
www.thereporter.com...

"We haven't been happy with the way the war has been handled," Cindy said. "The president has changed his reasons for being over there every time a reason is proven false or an objective reached."

The 10 minutes of face time with the president could have given the family a chance to vent their frustrations or ask Bush some of the difficult questions they have been asking themselves, such as whether Casey's sacrifice would make the world a safer place.

But in the end, the family decided against such talk, deferring to how they believed Casey would have wanted them to act. In addition, Pat noted that Bush wasn't stumping for votes or trying to gain a political edge for the upcoming election.

"We have a lot of respect for the office of the president, and I have a new respect for him because he was sincere and he didn't have to take the time to meet with us," Pat said.

Sincerity was something Cindy had hoped to find in the meeting. Shortly after Casey died, Bush sent the family a form letter expressing his condolences, and Cindy said she felt it was an impersonal gesture.

"I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis," Cindy said after their meeting. "I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith."

----

The trip had one benefit that none of the Sheehans expected.

For a moment, life returned to the way it was before Casey died. They laughed, joked and bickered playfully as they briefly toured Seattle.

For the first time in 11 weeks, they felt whole again.

"That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together," Cindy said.

Now a year later....all of this.

Since this is a conspiricy site, let's come up with some theories as to why the complete 180 over a year later. If she truely felt the way she does now, why did it take welll over a year to figure that out?
Theory 1: Her marriage is obviously in trouble. She's about to be alone and she has to pay divorce lawyers. The love of money is the root of all evil. Donations, love offerings, future book deals?, talk shows, ect. She's definately going to make some money off of this.

Theory 2: She was obviously happy with her first meeting with Bush. And that should have been that. But perhaps some politicians got a hold of her....maybe promised her stuff if she would do this for them. The fact that this is extremely random and the fact that she's done a complete turn around suggests she talked to someone. No one gains from this whole incident except her and politicians who were against the war.

....just a couple of theories....I'm sure there are plenty more....

Ha, Ha, Ha, the war's just a big joke.

Her son is dead, Ha, Ha, Ha,
What a laugh death is.

You're a sick dude. People like you disgust me.

The stench of rotting maggot ridden bodies putrifying in the sun is such a riot.
They go splat as you run over them in the road.

We are the sick psycho Americans in big armored vehicles.

There are doctors who can treat you....

So What if little kids who wanted some candy turned into tiny charred corpses.

Ha, Ha, Ha.

America the land of greedy, psychos.

Its fun to watch people turn to hamburger as you perforate them with machine gun fire.

It was such a riot to pee on prisoners at Abu Graib,
frighten them with snarling dogs while they lay naked and smeared with feces,
So we accidentally killed a few there,

Isn't war a lot of fun?!

What ever point you were trying to make....eh....you didn't make it.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wake up and smell the coffee guy.

Quit denying the truth of what we are doing in Iraq.
America is in denial.

Is America a country of people who think about and have a conscious about the havok they create?

or are they/we a nation of psychotic greed numbed monsters?

You have to know what you are doing to measure whether it is worth the cost.

You can't drive a car while closing your eyes.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Please don't take this as a personal attack, but when talking (or in the case of message boards like this, writing) it generally helps to speak or write in clear and concise sentences. I say this because nothing you just wrote made any sense.

Wake up and smell the coffee guy.

Quit denying the truth of what we are doing in Iraq.
America is in denial.

Who denied something?

I didn't even talk about Iraq, so how can I deny what's going on there??

Is America a country of people who think about and have a conscious about the havok they create?

You're blaming every American for the actions of our government?

or are they/we a nation of psychotic greed numbed monsters?

You have to know what you are doing to measure whether it is worth the cost.

You can't drive a car while closing your eyes.

Getting this back on subject. Cindy was told why our leaders thought that it was indeed worth the cost.
Not everyone is going to believe it was/is.
The good thing is, you have the freedom to believe whatever you want.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
America is watching infotainment instead of seeing the bloody carnage it is creating.
That is like driving a car deaf and blind.
Running over and killing screaming pedestrians,
but being unaware and not caring about it.

Iraqi democracy.
What a wonderful abstraction.

Totally ignores the tens of thousands of dead this war has cost.

Mrs Sheehans son is one of those tens of thousands of dead corpses not to mention the hundreds of thousands of maimed and wounded.

She just wants to ask why.

But many Americans don't understand why because they have barely seen the carnage and bombed out buildings,

either that or they have seen it and they just don't care.

War is shocking.
American needs to feel the shock.

Then and only then can it collectively make a determination if what has been done and continues to be done is worth what it is and is likely to produce.

Personally I am fed up with this war led to with lies and deceptions.
it is totally counterproductive towards terrorism in the extreme,
That may be a laughable joke to you,
It is no joke to me.

As ineptly planned and especially handled as it has been for over two years,
If i were incharge the people overseeing this would have been taken out and had their brains blown out and been replaced with someone who treated it as a serious job and not some joke.

She wants to ask why
And i am telling him to explain why.

[edit on 8-18-2005 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

She wants to ask why
And i am telling him to explain why,
And if i don't hear good answers maybe its time for another dead president.

"We can be as dumb and stupid as we want in the first year of a war, nobody’s going to care."
msnbc.msn.com...

maybe this is why...and maybe this is why it took her a year to ask why.

Or maybe the war was in retaliation for his daddy....
For George Sr???
........This military operation turned out to be practice for even greater press censorship, propaganda and human rights violations during and after Operation Desert Storm, the U.S. air and ground attack that failed to depose Iraq’s leader, Saddam Hussein, in 1990. That failure eventually eroded public confidence in Bush and contributed to his defeat by Bill Clinton in the 1992 presidential election.

If he doesn't want to tell her personally, fine, I can see where he would have a problem with that...tell the American people.....the truth.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

www.drudgereport.com...

"We are not waging a war on terror in this country. We’re waging a war of terror. The biggest terrorist in the world is George W. Bush!"

"We are waging a nuclear war in Iraq right now. That country is contaminated. It will be contaminated for practically eternity now."

"They’re a bunch of #ing() hypocrites! And we need to, we just need to rise up..."

"If George Bush believes his rhetoric and his bull#(), that this is a war for freedom and democracy, that he is spreading freedom and democracy, does he think every person he kills makes Iraq more free?"

"The whole world is damaged. Our humanity is damaged. If he thinks that it’s so important for Iraq to have a U.S.-imposed sense of freedom and democracy, then he needs to sign up his two little party-animal girls. They need to go to this war."

WHOOOOOOOO

Edit: Curse words represented by ()'s

[edit on 8/17/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Slank says:

And if i don't hear good answers maybe its time for another dead president.

I'm surprised that the moderators haven't picked up on what I see (and probably what the authorities would see) as a threat against the President, which, I believe, is a felony.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Presidential threat..Wondering where I can find his/her post? Checked this thread, maybe missed it but still I'd like to read it for myself Off_The_Street..

Dallas

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It appears that Slank (and his/her posts) has left the building.

Perhaps the Mods realized what that kind of talk can do to the integrity of the board and counseled him.

The United States Secret Service don't seem to have much of a sense of humor when it comes to anything that could be construed as a death threat to the President of the United States.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Note from L.A.

As I rode home tonight I could see the small crownds of a few hundred each at various intersections, holding their banners high and displaying their lit candles. It was still early in the evening, and people were making their way to each location still, but I could see them all, patriotic loyal Americans demonstrating not for Cindy, but for her son, who died in George Bush's war. They were out protesting peacefully, for a dead soldier and an end to an illegal war.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I for one of many hear yah. What's this person above trying to say or indicate anyway? Could not find a threat against anyone. Let alone a President.

Dunno? ATS is a great place to be and I think full hearted then someone comes along and makes damaging statements against a Mother of a lost Soldier..just dunno.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
What's this person above trying to say or indicate anyway? Could not find a threat against anyone. Let alone a President.

It was edited out by a mod.

I was going to respond to what slank said...but playing with cow manure is less of a waste of time and energy.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that Cindy will be leaving Crawford, at least temporairly, as her mother has had a stroke.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join