It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone into Robert Anton Wilson?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm a huge fan of Bob's, especially his work with Timothy Leary on the 8 circuit model of conciousness, covered in the book 'Prometheus Rising'. Just about everything the guy has written is amazing because he has such a broad knowledge base and is able to relate every bit of information he's collected from any topic into a workable model that is in 'laymans' terms and is very easy to understand.

It seems many people think he is merely a 'conspiracy theorist' (due to the press he received around the time he released the illuminatus trilogy) and as such haven't delved into any of his works. His books cover a lot more ground than any other author I have heard of, and are always on the cutting edge of whatever subject he chooses to write about.

Unfortunately there isn't a quantum psychology or metaprogramming page here so I had to post in this area, but it would be great to hear from anyone else who's into the 8 circuit model or RAW in general and to let me know how his books have changed your brain!

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
S'up D-Tek? I haven't read the books you mentioned, but I am a card-carrying member of the Guns n' Dope Party, so RAW is okay by me.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
RAW is as valid a humorist/visionary as Mark Twain.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I've never heard of him, but I did a little research:
en.wikipedia.org...
www.fantasticfiction.co.uk...

He sounds like a fascinating individual and his books sound like great reading. I'll keep my eye out for them, thanks

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
He is insane. I know this comment doesn't add much to the conversation but I recently posted a media link in ATS - general discussion - media uploads.

greylodge.ORG has media and text files to check out by and including Wilson.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Yeah - Bob's the man!

He's been doing online courses through his "maybe logic academy".
In fact, he's doing one with Antero Ali on the 8 circuit model! (between March - May 2006)

Check it out!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The Cosmic trigger trilogy are probably my three favourite books of all time, and after that come Prometheus Rising, and Sex, Drugs, and Magick. I truly believe the man was placed here long before his time.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
www.rawilson.com...

Yeah, when I met Bob ... suddenly, Prometheus was rising !

new topics

top topics

join