It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Marines Killed Near Haditha 8-3-2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
In a very tragic event this morning, fourteen Marines were killed by an IED 2km south of Haditha Iraq.

Haditha is the same area in which six Marines were killed on August 1.

Centcom
14 MARINES KILLED NEAR HADITHA

CAMP FALLUJAH, Iraq – Fourteen Marines and a civilian interpreter, assigned to Regimental Combat Team 2, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward), were killed in action early this morning when their amphibious assault vehicle was attacked by an improvised explosive device. The incident occurred during combat operations approximately two kilometers south of Haditha.

One Marine was wounded in the attack.

Names of the deceased are being withheld pending notification of next of kin and release by the Department of Defense.

Here's a map showing the location of Haditha:

An ATSNN article has also been made by another member.
It was submitted two minutes prior to this one, while I was still writhing this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-8-2005 by AceOfBase]

[Replaced Caps Title with Siren]

[edit on 3-8-2005 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This is terrible.
What a blow for the Marines. I think of their families... Ugh!

At least 1,820 members of the U.S. military have died since the Iraq war began in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Terrible news.

15 people dead to one bomb!!

'Amphibious assualt vehicle?' is that that 60's armoured DUWK thing, LVTP?

How come the Marines get the crap stuff?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is too bad. I wish the Jihadis understood that the more they kill the less likely the Coalition is to leave. If Iraq was at peace the Coalition troop numbers would be much fewer.

I was against the invasion of Iraq when it occurred, and for a while afterwards I thought the insurgency was a response to the invasion but now I see much of the insurgency as something else, Iraq has become a crucible in which extremists seek to anihalate the middle ground. It has become the battle of our time. That the US hadn't really thought through the occupation and war lite has resulted in occupation heavy is now the stuff of history but now I really think Iraq needs more, rather than less boots on the ground. Withdrawal now would squander the acheivements already made, such as they are, and to be defeated by these people would be unthinkable.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I wish the Jihadis understood that the more they kill the less likely the Coalition is to leave. If Iraq was at peace the Coalition troop numbers would be much fewer.

The problem with this is that they know that the more US troops they kill, the more people in the US will turn against the war, leading US and UK troops to withdraw sooner.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe

I wish the Jihadis understood that the more they kill the less likely the Coalition is to leave. If Iraq was at peace the Coalition troop numbers would be much fewer.

The problem with this is that they know that the more US troops they kill, the more people in the US will turn against the war, leading US and UK troops to withdraw sooner.

Precisely and that is why the Left promotes this agenda and therefore helps the enemy's cause........its called the Fonda effect.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Maybe for each (1) of our boys that get killed, we should take 100 of the worst terrorists we have locked up in Iraq, Afghanistan and Guantanimo and execute them.

Let me take it a step further, for each terror attack committed by Arab terrorists...the US Navy and HM Royal Navy should attack Iranian and Syrian intrests.....hit an oil pipeline......sink a Frigate.....bomb an airport....hit a loading dock.....blockade an important port. Make them feel the heat also.

Even if Iran and Syria is not directly involved, they can easily find out who is pulling the strings on these attacks. The only way to stop terror attacks is to hit terrorist nations in the pocketbook.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Maybe for each (1) of our boys that get killed, we should take 100 of the worst terrorists we have locked up in Iraq, Afghanistan and Guantanimo and execute them.

Let me take it a step further, for each terror attack committed by Arab terrorists...the US Navy and HM Royal Navy should attack Iranian and Syrian intrests.....hit an oil pipeline......sink a Frigate.....bomb an airport....hit a loading dock.....blockade an important port. Make them feel the heat also.

Even if Iran and Syria is not directly involved, they can easily find out who is pulling the strings on these attacks. The only way to stop terror attacks is to hit terrorist nations in the pocketbook.

Maximu§

Kill Crush Destory!!!!!!

Never worked in the past, wont work now. Terrorists thrive on destruction.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Um...No. Maybe some people will feel that way, but it has the opposite effect on me. For each soldier that gets killed over there the more angry I get and the more I think we need to do to stomp these guys out so the REAL Iraqi's can get to living a good life again.

Right or wrong we are there, and leaving withou finishing is the ABSOLUTE worst thing that we could do.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Kill Crush Destory!!!!!!

Not so, did you ever read what the Romans did to Carthage 30 years after Hannabal died? If we get into this tit-for-tat with a faceless enemy....they have the advantage Joe. We need to go after the countries that support them and hurt their ecomomies like they hurt ours.

The terrorists see our economies as fair game, why should we do different?

Max

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Skippy can i suggest that you are not the average American?

While casulaties may fill you with the desire to finish the job (good for you) most people in the US seem to feel that American blood isnt worth spilling for uppity Arabs in a country many cant find on a map.

So while you may see the necessity of carrying on many other do not.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Kill Crush Destory!!!!!!

Not so, did you ever read what the Romans did to Carthage 30 years after Hannabal died? If we get into this tit-for-tat with a faceless enemy....they have the advantage Joe. We need to go after the countries that support them and hurt their ecomomies like they hurt ours.

The terrorists see our economies as fair game, why should we do different?

Max

Every man woman and child in Carthage was put to the sword.

Bit of a harsh solution really, considering that the majority of people were innocent, and a solution that if applied in the middle east today will make a mockery of Americ and her values.

Killing millions of innocents wont work!

Though to be fair i doubt (hope!) you arnt calling for that, the real problem with your idea is that ti will stir up resentment accross the arab world, more terrorists will get into iraq and more terrorists will attack western interests abroad.

Too much like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Skippy can i suggest that you are not the average American?

While casulaties may fill you with the desire to finish the job (good for you) most people in the US seem to feel that American blood isnt worth spilling for uppity Arabs in a country many cant find on a map.

So while you may see the necessity of carrying on many other do not.

If we leave PRIOR to Iraq being able to keep secure on thier own, every American who has died will have died in vain. And THATS worth finishing it right, even with the possibility of more deaths. Shame on any American who thinks otherwise.

You know, you and I dont need to like this war or support it, but some went to fight and lost thier lives for it. They thought it was worth it. Who are we (people who didnt go or die) to say their lives meant nothing and pulled out before we finished?

Shame on any American for wasting these soldiers lives that way. We should never have been there (this time), but we are and leaving too soon would be a travesty. An insult to the 1800+ who have died so far.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Joe, you misunderstood me.

Im not saying "kill millions", but for every terror attack.....Western nations should respond in kind.

-Hit an Iranian refinery.

-Hit a Syrian security forces building.

-Sink an Iranian Frigate docked in the harbor.

-Bomb an Iranian oil pipe line.

This way....it starts to get very expensive for them to support terrorism. Westen nations are already in a low-level war with Iran (terrorism) why not bump it up a notch and let their economy suffer as ours has.

I think most Americans would like this approach.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Max, i know you wernt saying that.

i just dont think that approach would help, it would just reinforce the victim complex Muslims have regarding western military action, and lead to more terroism.

top topics

join