It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"GOD, if you are real........"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
you are a female no dout. And you did say, by bring the point up.I didnt call God a man. The Bible says God is called the Father there for being a man. The father can not be a father if he is a woman.

This has been said before.. but why does god have a penis if he's omnipotent and everywhere? Gender is for repoduction. Unless you're saying that there's a shegod somewhere out there looking for her fella it doesn't make sense [though he does act like he has a slight testosterone overload with all this smiting and such so could do with].

And yes If the teacher in his heart knew god was alive, and turned the other cheek. It would have been the power of God.

Okay.. so why didn't a bolt of lightening come through the window? An earquake? I know it just a joke.. but my main problem with it is

IT ISN'T FUNNY

Besides if we where put in the same situation God would want us to knock him right off the chair to.

And what if Allah wants someone to kaboom themselves in a crowded room? I'm sure they'd say the same thing. :shk:

The 'logic' of others worries me sometimes.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by riley]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
This has been said before.. but why does god have a penis if he's omnipotent and everywhere? Gender is for repoduction. Unless you're saying that there's a shegod somewhere out there looking for her fella it doesn't make sense [though he does act like he has a slight testosterone overload with all this smiting and such so could do with.

Omnipotnet means Having unlimited power and authority,All powerfully. What does this have to do with God's gender?? Second if you read revelations chapter 4 God is siting on the throne bewteen 24 elders. My point is God does have a Body. 3rd My main point again The Bible says God is called the Father there for being a man. The father can not be a father if he is a woman. And me be honest I dont care if he is a woman or a man. God is God. And i will follow him( or her if thats what you want) to the ends of the earth if he ask. Why does it matter What gender he is??? It should only matter his powers and works.

Okay.. so why didn't a bolt of lightening come through the window? An earquake? I know it just a joke.. but my main problem with it is
IT ISN'T FUNNY

God says that if any one ask him for a sign, then you will believe in him. He will give you none. God has already sent signs on earth. And if people can not believe in his most powerfully signs. Then why show him personally??? That man will only forget about the sign in years to come, because he has no faith. We have to follow God by faith.
And to be honest it is and it is not funny. I look at it seriously because God would have look at it like that. And he would have wanted his children to help him.

And what if Allah wants someone to kaboom themselves in a crowded room? I'm sure they'd say the same thing. :shk:

I have no real clue what kaboom means so I cant say to much. But I really dout that Kabooming them selfs proofs there is a God( or there allah) Second if the one God that does live wanted someone to kaboom themselfs. Let it be AS GOD WANTS. If God wantssomething to happen who are we to question God wisdom.

Off hand
( HHEEELLLPPP can someone tell me how to work the Quote thing, this is not working???????????? thats funny

[edit on 14-8-2005 by slymattb]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Quotes are like this but with square brackets:-
(quote)TEXT(/quote)

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Some basic math first. Since 33% are Christian, that means 67% are not Christian, and thus most people do not believe in it.

What he meant is that they are the most populous of the worlds religions, why is it so hard to see this?

2nd, I suspect you do not consider Catholics to be True Christians™. Without Catholics propping up the numbers, the tally drops tremendously.

Catholics ARE Christians - Case closed on that one.

Originally posted by spamandhamThird, these numbers are totally irrelevant in determining what beliefs are true.

Oh but they are not, they are relavant in that the majority speaks.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Some basic math first. Since 33% are Christian, that means 67% are not Christian, and thus most people do not believe in it.

What he meant is that they are the most populous of the worlds religions, why is it so hard to see this?

I suppose if truth were determines by election, Christianity would have a plurality and require a runoff with Islam.

Catholics ARE Christians - Case closed on that one.

I agree, but most fundamentalist Protestants don't. Yet they are all too eager to throw Catholics in to bolster the numbers when it supports their argument from popularity.

Originally posted by spamandhamThird, these numbers are totally irrelevant in determining what beliefs are true.

Oh but they are not, they are relavant in that the majority speaks.

The majority (a supermajority actually) says Christianity is false. Why is that so hard to see?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandhamThe majority (a supermajority actually) says Christianity is false. Why is that so hard to see?

Well by your reasoning we should all either be speaking Indian or Mandarin. Take your pick.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandhamThe majority (a supermajority actually) says Christianity is false. Why is that so hard to see?

Well by your reasoning we should all either be speaking Indian or Mandarin. Take your pick.

No, that's by your reasoning.

By my reasoning, you can't look to popularity to determine what's true or false.

(what's the link between language and religion, you lost me on that?)

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
ED
Thanks to ya very much on the help. I think you help make my point to Spam. God bless, and walk with his spirit.

Spam
Good luck to ya.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

(what's the link between language and religion, you lost me on that?)

You know majority stuff , numbers? There are more Mandarin Chinese and Indians than all others......yet they do not make the rules except where they are at.........now you get it?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You know majority stuff , numbers? There are more Mandarin Chinese and Indians than all others......yet they do not make the rules except where they are at.........now you get it?

That they never had a crusade? Are you actually implying that Christianity is The One True Religion™ because it was the religion of Rome?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
hey guys! calm down!

could we have some links to where you got the 33% christains from?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

That they never had a crusade? Are you actually implying that Christianity is The One True Religion™ because it was the religion of Rome?

What? Where in the Heck did you get that?

Rome joined what it couldnt defeat.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue_sky_9
could we have some links to where you got the 33% christains from?

33% came from A Brief Guide To Beliefs page 517 Book written by Linda Edwards

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

What? Where in the Heck did you get that?

Rome joined what it couldnt defeat.

Although true, how does this prove anything about the truth of Christianity?

By your line of argument, Islam is now the One True Religion™ since the current world empire, the US, can not defeat it.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
How can Islam be the one true religion when they read the old testiment???? Not only that they believe in Abraham, who took a wife Hagar, had a son name Ishmael. Abraham's first wife sarah conceived her son Isaac. Ishmael gave birth to Islam. Isaac gave birth to jew and then christianity.

One of my main point in saying this is Ismael was born out of what God did not want. Bible genesis chapter 15 v 4-5 God promises Abraham that he will have a child. Chapter 17 God give insights and more promises that Abraham will have children vChater 17 v 15 God says he will bless sarah to have a child. v 17 Abraham laughs because he thinks him self too old to have children. Chaper 18 - v 12 Sarah laughs to thinking they are too old.
Genesis 16 Sarah gives her servant hagar to abraham to have a child.

Second main point is the promises that God says about the two children.
Genesis chapet 17 v 19 God says he will establish his covenant with Isaac, as a everlasting covenant for his descendants. But God does not say Ishmael will not have blessing. In fact Abraham says in v 18 to God (If only Ishmael might live under your Blessing0. But God says this in v 20 ( And as for Ismael, I have heard you :I will surely bless him; I will make fruitfull and will greatly increase his numbers) So we know God gives Blessing, great Blessing to Ishmael. But God covenant is with Isaac. Genesis chapter 17 v 21 ( But my covenant I will establish with Isaac.

3rd IF I am right Islam's read the first 5 books of the Bible, but you can not read parts of the bible, and only believe parts of the bible. It means you ignore half of whats written.
Even Quran says God never knew them. Quran 96:1-5 Recite And your lord is the most gernerous who taught by the pen, TAUGHT MAN THAT HE KNEW NOT.

It seams to me there are two religions that God gives Blessing to, but God estabishes his covenant with jew- christians.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

By your line of argument, Islam is now the One True Religion™ since the current world empire, the US, can not defeat it.

Can and would are two entirely different things. We could DESTROY it , for the most part anyway, but we do not have the will.

Heck half of the country doesn't support defending itself in the first place.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Can and would are two entirely different things. We could DESTROY it , for the most part anyway, but we do not have the will.

Says you. I don't share your neocon trust of the abilities of Washington to do much more other than tax its citizens at slave rates. On whole, the US government is an incompetant abomination, but this is a religious thread, not a political thread.

However, the two are linked, as you have proven.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandhamSays you. I don't share your neocon trust of the abilities of Washington to do much more other than tax its citizens at slave rates.

Quick question then, what western country has LOWER tax rates?

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Antigua, Bahamas, Bermuda. The rates don't tell the whole story. Most nations do not have the ability to enforce taxes very well, and so compliance levels are much lower, resulting in a lower aggregate rate.

But what difference does it make if other nations have higher or lower tax rates?

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Antigua, Bahamas, Bermuda. The rates don't tell the whole story. Most nations do not have the ability to enforce taxes very well, and so compliance levels are much lower, resulting in a lower aggregate rate.

But what difference does it make if other nations have higher or lower tax rates?

Ah come on, those? YOu can do better can't you? Well anyhow the whole point is that we are not taxed at slave rates, we have some of the lowest taxes in the Western world( Note: I would like to see them much lower)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join