It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"GOD, if you are real........"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
I think the joke is funny because the way I see it--the SEAL was both right in what he said and was obviously working as instrument of God--if the professor didn't see that as 'proof' then he never will. But what I believe, no, I'll say 'I know with certainty', is that God is the ultimate ruler of the universe, ultimately responsible for all He has created and possessing a love for each created atom--each and every one. (despite christianity's claim of some sort of alcatraz/death valley 'eternal' imprisonment for 'non christians') And in believing that, the only way I can see the punch line is that God willed that SEAL to defend His name and prove a point by knocking down the 'haughty and proud nonbeliever'.

hear hear. the only thing is... how do you konow that the god there is a christain god. he could be allah... budda... or maybe one of the hindu gods... the SEAL was probably suffering from post tramic stress disorder anyway!

Don't push God--He might push back--and He pushes with much more might than we can comprehend.

i disagree here. my god is a god of peace, not of war, violence and suchlike. then again, iam non-violent and belive in peaceful means. if you Americans like violence, well, thats up to you.

“War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.” — Ambrose Bierce

[edit on 8/9/2005 by blue_sky_9]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
God is not protecting American soliders anymore then he is waiting for Suicide bombers with a flocks of virgins.

God does not agree with killing remember?

[edit on 9-8-2005 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra
God is not protecting American soliders anymore then he is waiting for Suicide bombers with a flocks of virgins.

Truly brilliant insight.

Now that's funny!

[edit on 9-8-2005 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra

Truly brilliant insight.

Now that's funny!

[edit on 9-8-2005 by RANT]

If the American soldiers can keep their lives, I'd say let the suicide bombers keep their flocks of virgins (perhaps the flocks will be sheep).

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ah, now i see,

It's God that doesn't believe in free speech.

I have always thought God was a tinpot tyrrant, supported and celebrated by other wanna be tinpot tyrrants.

Goes to show you the level of mentality that believes in God.

On a serious note, I believe free speech and also free thought are essential in advancing ideas and thought. It is sacred because it is a technological necessity. The society that turns its back on advancing technology will have its ass kicked.

If others feel it is better to live in a troop of territorial baboons that is their viewpoint.

You can have a quick laugh now or you can have a much longer laugh later.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Its seams to me god answered is calling
the college professor stated the fact that he will that for once and for all he was going to prove there was no God.
\then he continuted to Addressing the ceiling he shouted: "GOD, if you are real, then I want you
to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15
minutes!!!!!"

IT seams to me god answered the stupid professor through the navy seal.
The real question is did this really happen, because if it did, its the power of god. And If it didnt happen and it was a joke, its most likely a christian joke. But no matter what its funny.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
IT seams to me god answered the stupid professor through the navy seal.
The real question is did this really happen, because if it did, its the power of god. And If it didnt happen and it was a joke, its most likely a christian joke. But no matter what its funny.

So if God can cause violence by acting through a Navy Seal and punch someone in the face to prove his exsistance, Allah can do one better and get someone to fly a plane into a building?

The joke isn't funny in any sense because GOD does not take time out to address pityful humans who shout him/her/it/them like a dog, take control of a Navy Seal and then punch people in the face. That sounds like another entity.....!

Its good to promote violence to prove gods exsistance, thats the Christian message from that joke

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
7th_Chakra
Fisrt off there is only one god not two, only one. so if god promote the joke. There would be no allah to promote his being.

(quote
The joke isn't funny in any sense because GOD does not take time out to address pityful humans who shout him/her/it/them like a dog, take control of a Navy Seal and then punch people in the face. That sounds like another entity.....!)

You probably should not say what god does when you dont know for share.
God can do what ever he wants to. You can not make God give you a answer. Those that say give me a sign then ill believe in God, God will not show a sign to.

But the joke said he would prove no God was liveing, and the teacher believe what he was about to do, and no one would stop him. Well the teacher was wrong. The joke show the spirit inside someone to stop the evilness inside a teacher that tearches many.

Besides if we where put in the same situation God would want us to knock him right off the chair to. The joke was not promoting violents. it was promoting the belief in God and to stop those who do the opposite.

[edit on 11-8-2005 by slymattb]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

If the American soldiers can keep their lives, I'd say let the suicide bombers keep their flocks of virgins (perhaps the flocks will be sheep).

Hey that wasn't baaaaaad at all.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Besides if we where put in the same situation God would want us to knock him right off the chair to. The joke was not promoting violents. it was promoting the belief in God and to stop those who do the opposite.

At least someone see's the meaning.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Fisrt off there is only one god not two, only one. so if god promote the joke. There would be no allah to promote his being.

No, The correct phrase is:-
YOU Believe there is only one god. Just because you believe it doesn't make Hindus, Ancient greece, Norse, Egypt etc wrong.

You probably should not say what god does when you dont know for share.
God can do what ever he wants to.

You shouldn't be saying God is a he. As nearly all life on Earth comes through the Female its more likely God is actually female. Personally I do not know so I don't say....!

The joke show the spirit inside someone to stop the evilness inside a teacher that tearches many.

You say spirit, I say violence. Punching someone in the face who has is no threat to you is a crime. GBH. Maybe the if the scienitist got up and turned the other cheek would he be showing the power of God too???

Besides if we where put in the same situation God would want us to knock him right off the chair to.

Your words:-

You probably should not say what god does when you dont know for share

Drop your Bible and check out some other religions/teaching. The truth does not rest in one place, its been broken and shattered into many pieces and hidden within many lies.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

At least someone see's the meaning.

...of terrorism.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
A christian and a moslem were sitting on a train arguing over god. The christian said "If Allah exists may he strike me down."

..etc.

same sh1t different smell. I'm sure the hypocrites wouldn't laugh at the alkiada version of the joke.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
A christian and a moslem were sitting on a train arguing over god. The christian said "If Allah exists may he strike me down."

..etc.

same sh1t different smell. I'm sure the hypocrites wouldn't laugh at the alkiada version of the joke.

haha! too true!

i reakon that the whole thing was meant to be a joke, so why worry?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
you cant assume God isnt real, just because He doesnt do things as you want Him to...

Free will......... Free Will.....man Free Will realy pi$$es off alot of ppl ...

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I guess it's necessary to invent stories of god proving he exists, since it doesn't actually happen in real life.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
7th_Chakra Quote (No, The correct phrase is:-
YOU Believe there is only one god. Just because you believe it doesn't make Hindus, Ancient greece, Norse, Egypt etc wrong. )

Yes you are right, I believe in only one God. But to be more right thousand and thousand believe not just me. Second There is only one God and he most likely is the God that the Hindus believe,greece,norse or egypt. No one said they're God does not Live. Maybe they're belief system is wrong, and how to follow is wrong. But the fact that they're God is wrong is not right. I believe how christians follow God is right. And if you open your heart and soul you would too.

Quote You shouldn't be saying God is a he. As nearly all life on Earth comes through the Female its more likely God is actually female. Personally I do not know so I don't say....!

you are a female no dout. And you did say, by bring the point up.I didnt call God a man. The Bible says God is called the Father there for being a man. The father can not be a father if he is a woman.

quote You say spirit, I say violence. Punching someone in the face who has is no threat to you is a crime. GBH. Maybe the if the scienitist got up and turned the other cheek would he be showing the power of God too???

Crime?? What law did he brake and who laws???The teacher provoke what would happen when he said "GOD, if you are real, then I want you
to knock me off this platform. There for being if to prove him wrong, he had to be knock off the chair. The teacher was trying to teach the class that God will not lift a finger to knock him off the chair. (Remember this is a joke.)
The seal, by the power God work in him. Did not want the class to believe in what the teacher said, Or let the tearcher be right. So the seal does what God would have wanted. More to the point what the teacher want. It was the teacher who said knock me off the chair, if there is a god. And yes If the teacher in his heart knew god was alive, and turned the other cheek. It would have been the power of God.

slymattbquote: Besides if we where put in the same situation God would want us to knock him right off the chair to.

Quote chakra Your words:-

Da off course they're my words. But more to the point. Any TRUE FOLLOWER of christ, would have most likely knock him off.

Drop your Bible and check out some other religions/teaching. The truth does not rest in one place, its been broken and shattered into many pieces and hidden within many lies.

First off I have and I wish by God pwoer that he might change you, there is a life after death. There is a soul and a spirit. There is a way to find God and thats through his Son Jesus.
Second A Brief Guide To Beliefs says The twelve World Faiths are (hinduism,buddhism,sikhism,judaism,christianity,Islam,shinotoism,taoism,confucianismzoroastrianism,jainism,Baha'i faith.
The world's major religions are Christianity with 33% Islam 18% Hinduism16% nonreligious(including none,agnostics,secular humanist,athests) 16%

My point is Christianity is the biggest and most people believe in it. I ask you to try by praying to God and asking him what he wants. If you want to know the truth there is a answer. But you have to try to talk with God and put down what ever you are reading. Even if it is for a second. And talk with The One God. There is a life after death. And I wish that you can be saved. But you have to take the first steps. God Bless.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by slymattb]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The world's major religions are Christianity with 33% Islam 18% Hinduism16% nonreligious(including none,agnostics,secular humanist,athests) 16%

My point is Christianity is the biggest and most people believe in it.

Some basic math first. Since 33% are Christian, that means 67% are not Christian, and thus most people do not believe in it.

2nd, I suspect you do not consider Catholics to be True Christians™. Without Catholics propping up the numbers, the tally drops tremendously.

Third, these numbers are totally irrelevant in determining what beliefs are true.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
All the deep talk about this one surely baffles me.

All I see is that an athiest vocally doubted God, and a Christian slugged him for it.

Only jist of the story I see is one of Christian domination: don't believe in God - get a Christian offensive for such.

Misfit

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

you are a female no dout.

I am Male.

Amen to this thread.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by 7th_Chakra]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join