It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Suicide Bomber Shot At Stockwell Tube Station

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by ZMax
Maybe I don't get it but there must be great outrage in the british public from this "unlawful" act of violence,with no consideration of the human rights of the "bomber"(just like BBC is calling him - he's not a terrorist,but a bomber)...?

It was not an unlawful act by police as you put it. They had ordered him to stop. He did not, in fact he started to run jumped over a turnstile while fleaing away. If he had other intentions he would have stopped, simple as that.

He got what he deserved.
Edit to add given the current situation where he was suspected as being a terrorist.

[edit on 7/22/2005 by shots]

I know all this,I only wanted to draw parallel to the situation in which the israelis must fight terrorists,and ask the critics of their anti-terrorist practices to give me a reason now...Somehow the israelis always are doing something wrong,and of course - there's a reason

[edit on 22-7-2005 by ZMax]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The SY press conference confirmed that the man was asked to stop; due to his non co-operation with this order the man was shot.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by hands
The SY press conference confirmed that the man was asked to stop; due to his non co-operation with this order the man was shot.

Not only did he stop, but he ran, correct?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I feel bad for Britian. If this keeps happening it probably wont be too long before your government starts to take measures in locking your citizens down. And seeing as you all are not really equipped with firearms nearly as much in the states, it probably wont be difficult to subdue at all.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

And then he was shot 3-5 times when lying...
If I remember well the rules of engagement first you shoot in the legs to stop him,and only if there is definite danger for the live of someone you shoot in the center of the subject(shoot to kill)...The only thing he had done wrong is not stopping when asked by the police,but the police BELIEVED he was terrorist(suicide bomber) and shot him in the head...I can imagine myself what the reaction would be if this was happaning in Israel,even if the man is really a terrorist

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
and by the way - I'm not part of the "majority" (I question whether that statement is true or not) that believes any of this is a set up by the government. I do believe these acts are being perpetrated by extremists.

Terrorism also makes the strangest bedfellows, doesn't it?

The truth of 9/11 poll

Thats what I was basing my assertion on. Its not a comprehensive poll but it is the best measure of what the ATS users are thinking. Bearing in mind also that this is meant to be a conspiracy theorist website

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I was living inside Quantico, a guarded Marine Corps Base, when 9/11 occurred. I was twenty minutes away from the attack on the Pentagon, and saw the immediate aftermath. Two days after, when I stopped at the gate of the base after a red-eye flight, I just started weeping for no reason. I was holding up a line of cars behind me, and two heavily-armed Marines stood on either side of my car (this was routine, even prior to 9/11). You know what?

They stood and let me cry. For a good twenty minutes. And no one behind me honked their horns. I'm sure it would have made quite a photograph, two Marines bowing their heads, outside my car as I wept. They were so respectful of me (even though I was not Active Duty)

Just as I'll never forget the huge smoking hole on the Pentagon, I will never forget how those two MP's stopped procedure just to let a young woman cry.

Dot.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Detectives investigating the attempted bombings in London are searching a house in north west London near Paddington.

Armed police are carrying out an operation at a house in the Harrow Road area of West Kilburn, Scotland Yard has confirmed.

Two women and a teenage boy have reportedly been searched by police.

The operation is reportedly centred on a Thai restaurant.

One witness said they fired CS Gas into the house.

www.sky.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
I just started weeping for no reason. I was holding up a line of cars behind me, and two heavily-armed Marines stood on either side of my car (this was routine, even prior to 9/11).

Just as I'll never forget the huge smoking hole on the Pentagon, I will never forget how those two MP's stopped procedure just to let a young woman cry.

Dot.

Dot and Vah if you are both females as I suspect that says a lot and is a very good reason why a female should never be president. You let your emotions get you each and everytime.

We are living in a fast changing world. No one likes it, but we will have to adapt or suffer for lack of being on alert only to end up dead.

I have flown for many years and unlike you when I first flew after 911 and I saw the military forces in airline terminals, I for one was glad they were there, it gave me a sense of security. Better to be safe then sorry as they say ya know.

Today's events only strengthened my resolve that law enforcement is going to do whatever is needed to turn this terrorist situation around by making people aware they will shoot if and when necessary.

I am not sure but I do believe that according to muslim belief if you just get shot does not make you a martyr (sp?)

If this is true, it takes one more thing away from their motives for wanting to die and that is good as I see it.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
The thing I'm trying to voice is the utter shock a moment like this brings to a citizen. This was an act of martial law. This dude (whether he proves to have deserved it or not) was convicted and sentence carried out via military rules of engagement - no court - that's martial law. I think people are having a hard time understanding that you can admit that and not be criticizing anybody. It's just a fact.

No.

People love that phrase, "martial law." Yet they never appear to know what it actually means. It gets even worse when they spell it "marshall
So I'll educate you.

Martial law occurs when the military takes over the formerly-civilian administration of justice. What occured in London is not that. The suspect was killed by a police officer. The officers involved may have been working in conjunction with the military, yes. But they are still under civilian authority. In order for martial alw to exist, the police must be replaced by military personnell. Judges must be replaced by military officers. Civilian courts must be replaced by courts-martial.

You may disagree with what is occurring. You may be horrified with it. But don't throw around buzzwords to incorrectly describe what is going on. Martial law is one of those words that is bad 99%, in or out of context, so I can see the appeal of applying it to something you dislike. But it doesn't fit, so don't.

[edit on 7-22-2005 by Esoterica]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I believe it was a SAS anti terrorist team that cornered the the bomber, police aren't trained in the way that the operation went.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

A BBC eyewitness said 3 plain clothes policemen pushed him to the floor after he semi-tripped and then shot him 5 times from point blank range.

That's not stopping a fleeing suspect. That's assasination. No sorry execution.

I saw Tube man shot

[edit on 22-7-2005 by uknumpty]

[edit on 22-7-2005 by uknumpty]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
No mater how we look upon this incident in London tube, I'm affraid that at the end of this day all we have is one dead human being.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacemunkey
I believe it was a SAS anti terrorist team that cornered the the bomber, police aren't trained in the way that the operation went.

What, tackle a guy and shoot him in the head? I would assume the SAS be trained to use a little more finesse than that.

There were polcie vehicles outside. The polcie are undertaking other actions aroudn the city. This appears to me to be some sort of botched "sting" operation (not the correct word, I'm thinking they were hoping he might lead them to more suspects or a safehouse or something of that nature, and things went out of control...). What exactly makes you think that any sort of special military forces need be involved?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Dot and Vah if you are both females as I suspect that says a lot and is a very good reason why a female should never be president. You let your emotions get you each and everytime.

Because I cried after seeing the IMMEDIATE AFTERMATH of the Pentagon Attack? Where were YOU that day? ? ? Saying ooh and ahh?

I saw high-ranking Officers of the United States Army and Air Force crying that day...are they pansies?

I have flown for many years and unlike you when I first flew after 911 and I saw the military forces in airline terminals, I for one was glad they were there, it gave me a sense of security. Better to be safe then sorry as they say ya know.
Quantico is outside of Washington, DC. I was flying out of DC National AND Dulles twice between September and October of 2001. Trust me, I think I've seen a few more guns at an airport than you.

Today's events only strengthened my resolve that law enforcement is going to do whatever is needed to turn this terrorist situation around by making people aware they will shoot if and when necessary.

I have been agreeing with your thoughts during this entire thread. Just because I stopped and cried after one of many flights does NOT prevent me from running for President.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by uknumpty

A BBC eyewitness said 3 plain clothes policemen pushed him to the floor after he semi-tripped and then shot him 5 times from point blank range.

That's not stopping a fleeing suspect. That's assasination. No sorry execution.

I saw Tube man shot

yup.. and this eywitness had no motive to lie.. Even other witnesses said that he fell to the ground before being shot..

Is "falling" a pre-requisite for suicide detonation??
That has to be askled as well..

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacemunkey

Didn't you read my posts in this thread?

Metropoliton police confirmed it was officers from its special branch, armed department.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Congratulations - you may have just said the stupidest thing in this thread so far. I personally believe if a little more compassion had been administered in say the last 70 years of U.S./British foreign policy we wouldn't be here talking about a man being executed on the floor of train.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If this sort of Gestapo action had gone on in the US the liberals and almost all the Europeans would be screaming their heads off about NWO, Bush tyranny and etc etc but now since it is the UK we let it pass, is this rionic or what?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
I saw high-ranking Officers of the United States Army and Air Force crying that day...are they pansies?

Just a thought...Do these high ranking officials shed a tear when they see their precision weapons spread their love far and wide???
No they're not pansies.. maybe hypocrates.. but I agree with you.. not pansies

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join