It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Suicide Bomber Shot At Stockwell Tube Station

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Do the Shots Fired in the "Suicide Bomber" Start and Explosion, if the guys is Wirted and Full of Explosives?

I would say very likely not. This isn't a movie, gas tanks don't explode when shot, a bomb with say an electric detonator wouldn't go off it a bullet hit it. Now, if the guy had a deadman's switch, that's a different story, but that has to do with the bomber, not the actual bomb.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Any idea whats going on at canary wharf?

its been showen on the BBC map as incident, but there is no more on it.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Valhall I think your pretty much on the money with your posts and I didnt see it as UK bashing at all. The governmental over reaction to terrorism spans the Globe and is not the exclusive domain of the United States.

To me this story could go both ways.

What do we know for sure about this incident?

1. He was under surveilance
2. He was evading arrest
3. He jumped a turnstyle
4. He tried to board a train
5. He was Asian (Middle Eastern)
6. He wore a large jacket
7. 3 armed police had him pinned to the ground
8. He was shot to death 5 times point blanke

Did I miss anything out?

Now if you believe the terrorism that we're experiencing is coming from Islamic extremists this outcome would be slightly more acceptable. He could very well of been attempting another terrorist attack.

But if you are among the majority of ATS users who believe there is more behind the origin of this terrorism then you might view it quite differently.

Lets say this guy was a patsy that knew he was being set up via either the security excercises that were "simulating" terrorist attacks on 7/7 OR that he knew his supposed jihad was being controlled by Western governments.

When asked to stop by police would you? That would mean certain death, no? Would you try to evade police? I know I would if I was in the above situation. Shoot to kill or not, you're dead if they catch you.

Now if he was a suicide bomber and he knew he'd been I.D by the police, wouldnt you let them stop you then detonate? Taking out police who are stopping people on the streets would add to the "shotgun" scenario Valhall mentioned. Why would he even try to escape police on the underground after what happend yesterday?

It doesnt really make sense.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
and by the way - I'm not part of the "majority" (I question whether that statement is true or not) that believes any of this is a set up by the government. I do believe these acts are being perpetrated by extremists.

Terrorism also makes the strangest bedfellows, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
none of this makes any sense at all

its just too weird.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by mpeake
It sounds to me like undercover agents were most likely already following this guy, since it was said that the cops who shot him were wearing "plain clothes". The person probably figured they were on to him and began to run. The undercover cops had to make a decision before anything bad could happen and they decided to take him out.

Sounds pretty simple, IMO.

Oh let's hope this is not the case - because this would equate to shear negligence and endangerment. I'm sorry - you don't tail a guy you suspect of attempting to blow people up all the way to a train station and then decide "OH shyte! He might blow himself up!"

Perhaps they were tailing him because he was a supect from the previous bombing, and didn't know he was carrying a bomb until they apprehended him. Then once he was apprehended, they saw him going for the bomb attached to his person and unloaded 5 clips into him just like the report said.

I'm just trying to do a little rational thinking becore I go calling these well trained officers a bunch of trigger happy cowboys. Next time your neighborhood is blown up 2 times in a month, let me know how your local law enforcement deals with supected bombers.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Multiple shots to the head (depending on the weapon) can prevent any immediate post-mortem "reflexes" from detonating a bomb. In some instances, a single point-blank shot to the head can cause the body to jitter and shake...hands to clench, etc. If the supposed bomb was to be detonated by the "victim," he could have easily done so, even in a vegetative state.

C'mon, everyone. It's not as though this man was out for his daily jog and accidentally ran past clearly marked policemen, decided to sprint onto a train while hearing "GET OUT! GET OUT!", forgot to "mind the gap," tripped and fell, and have 3-5 rounds unloaded into his skull. If this were the case, someone was definitely having a really bad day.

Whether he had explosives or not, the following would need to apply to him (for me to show sympathy for him):

1) He'd need to be a total recluse and have no knowledge of BOTH bombing incidents within the past two weeks, and where these incidents occurred.

2) He'd have to be deaf and blind, not seeing nor hearing the police in his vicinity.

3) He'd have to an affinity for jogging while wearing a parka.

That being said...I believe the authorities who shot him exercised logic judgement in a short, but critical, amount of time.

If I were a police officer, I'd rather be suspended without pay..or even go to jail...instead of ignoring a 50/50 chance that hundreds of civilians could die, had if I stood there and did nothing.
Dot.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by dotgov101]

link   

Originally posted by mpeake

I'm just trying to do a little rational thinking becore I go calling these well trained officers a bunch of trigger happy cowboys. Next time your neighborhood is blown up 2 times in a month, let me know how your local law enforcement deals with supected bombers.

I don't know what your problem is - but part of it seems to stem from reading comprehension issues. I have said TWICE in this thread that the only reason we haven't seen the same response here in the U.S. is that these types of attacks haven't started yet.

link   
One Thing is Certain:

- If he Was RUNNING, he was GUILTY - Except if he didnt hear the Police (walkman or maybe he was deaf).

But if Cops say "STOP!" and you RUN, expect Re-Action.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
BBC reporting incident at Harrow Road is focused on an Internet Cafe. Apparently two women of possible Morrocan origin have been taken into custody.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by hands]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hands beat me to it

[edit on 22-7-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Hands beat me to it

We're obviously watching the news :-)

Connected with the bombing attempts of yesterday - Scotland yard have just confirmed.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
any reports of something happening on harrow road (sp?)? supposidly they used remote vehicles to do some kind of search. Just wondering your news coverage is much faster then ours since the feed is live.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I feel really bad for those of you in the UK. Not many Americans realize the compacted-ness (I know that isn't word) of London, nor do they know how many centuries your city has stood on the globe. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dot.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Police searching a home in Paddington.....

Bomb Squad in Harrow Road

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Police searching an address in West Kilburn.

Raid in Harrow is one of several taking place today according to SY source quoted by the BBC.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
hands beat me to it again......

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The guy shot dead was on a train at the time. Police had asked him to stop, he fell over, then got up and ran onto a train. Police went onto the train and shot him dead.

"Tall asian guy with a shaved head"

News conference to be delayed by about 20 mins.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by tommyc]

dom

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You know, there's plenty of possibilities as to why someone would run from the police. What if this big puffa jacket was full of drugs?

But from what I've heard it's quite possible that the police had ID'd this guy as one of the bombers. Execution is still a bit harsh, but if he was carrying a bomb then fair enough.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
According to FOX, the situation on Harrow Road is now being described as a raid. Let's hope they tracked down some of these *censored*.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join