It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Suicide Bomber Shot At Stockwell Tube Station

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The shooting implies that the police, or authorities knew who he was and suspected that he was carrying explosives and that they had him under surveilance for some time. It also implies that the persons responsible for shooting this person, knew that he was an immediate threat to life i.e. a suicide bomber

If your an agent of the law or government (SAS, SF's) you dont shoot somebody in the head 5 times if you think you may be mistaken at a later date do you?

Police officers are simply not trained in the way this person was killed.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
In America, it is still a crime, I think, to run from the police. If any amount of police tell you to stop, and instead, you continue to run, in a situation like this, you are already committing a felony, IIRC. There is lawful reason to search. Continue to run, and regardless of hippy dippy lawyers and civil rights blather, you're showing intent. Whether you're just trying to hide some stolen shoplifted goods or a bomb, you're a criminal. If there's been incidents of death and destruction, people got to quit this selfish, sociopathic "my rights are more important than everyone else!" crap and obey law enforcement for once. Continue to act in a manner expected of suicide bombers and get treated as such.

Originally posted by Shar
he was shot 5 times 3 times in the head he is dead. so our goverments have became our judges, jury and excutioners. that is so scary. everyone should be affraid of our government now days. now they can take away our constitutional rights and search our bags without lawful reasons. what has this became?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacemunkey
If your an agent of the law or government (SAS, SF's) you dont shoot somebody in the head 5 times if you think you may be mistaken at a later date do you?

SAS or MI5 would of used a silencer, heck, if it was the SAS they wouldnt of chased him. They would of killed him in his sleep.

At the end of the day, the police wanted to arrest and talk to the guy, but he freaked, refused to co-operate and ran.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Man shot dead was not a wanted bomber, but was a terrorist suspect.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by tommyc]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101

Where were YOU that day? ? ? Saying ooh and ahh?

Of course not I was just as horrified as the rest of the world was.

Trust me, I think I've seen a few more guns at an airport than you.

I would not be so sure about that many of us fly on a regular basis.

I have been agreeing with your thoughts during this entire thread. Just because I stopped and cried after one of many flights does NOT prevent me from running for President.

Great then we seem to think alike however I would not be crying where you would and I sure would not vote for someone known to cry first and act later, that was the point I was trying to make.

With the current situation such as today you did not see those police officers stop and cry they simply did there job. There is no time to let ones emotions get in the way of your line of duty, again the point I was trying to make. Hell if the officers had started to cry first the suspect could have killed many people and no one wants that other then terrorists that is.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This story disgusts me. I have seen no indication as of yet that this guy was a suicide bomber. Even if he wasn't, this could still have just as easily happened. These cops are a bunch of wicked guys.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by asala]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyc
Man shot dead was not a wanted bomber.

Yes he was wanted in connection according to the latest news conference in fact they had him under surveilance.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Terrorists behead hostages. Terrorists blow up buildings, busses and trains. They start the conflict and create the hostile situation, governments and police react in self-preservation. But people *insist* on blaming the government for the situation, looking for government evils instead of the perpetrators.

These same people see one government agent or policeman acting out of line and hold entire nations, police forces and militaries to blame-condemning them to a man. They see a dozen high-level mullahs preaching violence and a thousand muslim terrorists coming from a few middle eastern lands but insist it's just a few isolated criminals and refuse to hold even the bragging "spiritual" leaders to account.

WTF is wrong with people?!

Originally posted by warthog911
And closer and closer we move to a police state and a fascist one world govt.John titor is becoming a reality.2005 would be one helluva year imo.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by warthog911]

link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Just a thought...Do these high ranking officials shed a tear when they see their precision weapons spread their love far and wide???

Some, yes. Many recruits/enlistees/OT's are told by their recruiters that they will have an entirely different job than the one they are eventually assigned to. I know several retired officers who were told they'd have desk jobs, but their cubicles were underground and POOF! They became missileers.

Also, you'll see the occasional FEMALE as a fatality in the daily death toll in Iraq or Afghanistan. I'm sure these FEMALES were not gung-ho-let's-go-testosterone-commando-wannabe's literally 'dying' to be on the front line. It's against the law to have them on the front line to begin with... so why are they dying?

Yeppers..those FEMALES serving and protecting our country should just come back home, take off their dirty combat boots, and run around barefoot and pregnant.

*SARCASM*

link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
This story disgusts me. I have seen no indication as of yet that this guy was a suicide bomber. Even if he wasn't, this could still have just as easily happened. These cops are a bunch of wicked wankers.

Yes wicked w*nkers for protecting a train full of people.

Would you be saying that if the man had blown himself up killing people?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

This story disgusts me. I have seen no indication as of yet that this guy was a suicide bomber. Even if he wasn't, this could still have just as easily happened. These cops are a bunch of wicked wankers.

I hope you said that about the four people who killed 56 people 15 days ago.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgess

Well, if the cops shoot you in the head and anyone questions it, I'll ask the same thing to them...

[edit on 22-7-2005 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I have to agree with shots on this one, unless you lost immediate family or friends in 9/11 or now 7/7 then crying is an over reaction. Im afraid dot if i were that MP i'd of told you to move the hell on and stop the melodrama.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I know this is obvious but why did they not use a taser on the guy outside Downing Street and the guy today?

[edit on 22/7/05 by GodAtum]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by tommyc
Man shot dead was not a wanted bomber.

Yes he was wanted in connection according to the latest news conference in fact they had him under surveilance.

He was not one of the wanted bombers, but was a terrorist suspect.

dom

link   
More news : The suspect shot was under surveillance due to material found at the bomb sites yesterday. He is not one of the 4 bombers who's photos have been released.

link   
Infinite....

Sorry I disagree with your statement that they would have used silencers, what would have been the need?? there was nothing 'covert' about shooting someone dead in a public place.

link   

Originally posted by Burgess

Well, if the cops shoot you in the head and anyone questions it, I'll ask the same thing to them...

[edit on 22-7-2005 by Jamuhn]

Well if i was stupid enough to run away from armed police after they had told me to stop then i suspect i had it coming.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodAtum
I know this is obvious but why did they not use a taser on the guy outside Downing Street and the guy today?

taser makes the body shake and using it on a suicide bomber may make him trigger the bomb. bad move.

dom

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodAtum

Taser's are not in general use by officers in the UK. There are some trials going on but obviously not with this lot. They are thinking of bringing them in, but apparently a number of people with heart problems have been killed by tasers so the safety people aren't satisfied with them yet...

Also, if a bomb has an electronic detonator perhaps a taser is a bad idea.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join