It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Suicide Bomber Shot At Stockwell Tube Station

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The man tried to run away, the man refused to surrender.

On the other hand. Police had to assume the man was on his way to die as well, he tried to run, refused to surrender, they were on a busy tube station surrounded by hundreds of people. Kill him and stop a massacre yet run the risk of being wrong. Not kill him, he goes boom everyone dead.

Tough choice the police had and they chose correct.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one. Very Trek, very correct.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
No.. cast your ballot for someone who sits dumbfounded while reading a children's book. Someone who then gets on his cushie airplane, protected by fighter jets, and takes a few hours to gather himself. Someone who has dozens of people to tell him how to act and what to say. I'm sure G.W. did a bit more than cry once he was at a safe altitude. I'm willing to bet someone had to change his pants.

I'd rather have a president who shows emotions as opposed to one who is incapable of independent thought.

Dot.

I remember watching a news conference on 9/11 with George W. and he was very close to tears.

Any way you'd have my vote for President for sure Dot. You've seen it all and you know that its not something to replicate. Being able to show sincere emotion is a trait lacking in nearly every politician I know.

Vote Dot for President!

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Well,let me think!
"In civilian areas" is going to the trashcan,because I'm sure the center of London is not a millitary zone
"usually unarmed"...bet you checked it,but even if you are right,think about it...You believe this terrorist is going to blow himself,he's a ticking bomb after all,where you going to shoot him?at the bus stop,or at first possible time...I'll live this one for you
"firing a missile"...maybe you want the israeli army to send 20 tanks into a middle of palestinian city,to search for one terrorist....Oh...I get it now...they must use their new gravity beam weapon...I heard about it...too

well obviously you dont quite have the intellictual capacity to understand what I was saying

you think about it....

An American cop chasing a suspect (maybe he's a suicide bomber too?) who is evading capture and they shoot him - got that?

A suspected suicide bomber shot in London, could have a bomb which he could detonate potentially killing tens of innocent people - you understand? Hope the words aren't too difficult for you?

What’s the difference between that and what happened in London - please explain.

Ok, a crowded market place in Palestine. 1 guy poses no threat to anyone in that market place. Driving his car through it, then an Israeli helicopter gunship targets that with a powerful missile. He shoots the missile killing the terrorist and killing and injuring hundred of innocent bystanders.

That make sense to you? It’s nothing like what happened in London is it

Come back when you've left school, traveled outside of the US and understand a little about the world.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one. Very Trek, very correct.

This could actually be argued in opposition to what took place. Had they handle this in a manner that afforded every opportunity to get this guy alive and get intel from him - the numbers of future victims could potentially greatly outnumber the handful of people in that train car had he blown himself up.

It goes both ways.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
Funny how the OT began with you somehow rambling about females and the Presidency
Dot.

That was you that brought the president into this not me. Just want to make that understood. As for Yahoo no that is for cry babies not me.

to tommyc with regard to this comment

Originally posted by tommyc

He was not one of the wanted bombers, but was a terrorist suspect.
He has been directly linked to the suspects according to MSNBC in case you are not aware of that.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

There have been unconfirmed reports that police believe the man who was shot was one of the attackers involved in yesterday's attempted explosions in the capital.

Police also have another man in custody who is believed to have been connected with yesterday's attempted bombing.

Yahoo News

One man was arrested in connection with Thursday's explosions later on Friday near Stockwell underground station, where the man was shot earlier, police said.

They declined to comment on whether the man detained was one of the four.

It was not clear whether the man shot dead at Stockwell Tube station in south London was suspected of involvement in the failed bomb attacks or had been mistaken for someone else.

Yahoo News

Mistaken for someone else!! That is pretty bad. Anyway, the guy should of not ran away if he was innocent.

[edit on 22/7/05 by GodAtum]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo

Well,let me think!
"In civilian areas" is going to the trashcan,because I'm sure the center of London is not a millitary zone
"usually unarmed"...bet you checked it,but even if you are right,think about it...You believe this terrorist is going to blow himself,he's a ticking bomb after all,where you going to shoot him?at the bus stop,or at first possible time...I'll live this one for you
"firing a missile"...maybe you want the israeli army to send 20 tanks into a middle of palestinian city,to search for one terrorist....Oh...I get it now...they must use their new gravity beam weapon...I heard about it...too

well obviously you dont quite have the intellictual capacity to understand what I was saying

you think about it....

An American cop chasing a suspect (maybe he's a suicide bomber too?) who is evading capture and they shoot him - got that?

A suspected suicide bomber shot in London, could have a bomb which he could detonate potentially killing tens of innocent people - you understand? Hope the words aren't too difficult for you?

What’s the difference between that and what happened in London - please explain.

Ok, a crowded market place in Palestine. 1 guy poses no threat to anyone in that market place. Driving his car through it, then an Israeli helicopter gunship targets that with a powerful missile. He shoots the missile killing the terrorist and killing and injuring hundred of innocent bystanders.

That make sense to you? It’s nothing like what happened in London is it

Come back when you've left school, traveled outside of the US and understand a little about the world.

First of all,Smartie,I'm not from USA,but from Europe...
Second,you should try to find some facts about how many people were injured in targeted assassinatins,because it's obvious you live in Wonderland...Once they were 2 killed(by-standers),and 4 times 1 killed...Only when Israel used 1 ton bomb to put down a building with a wanted terrorist(more than 100 israeli lives on his count) died 16 people,and Israel admitted that it was mistake and never used F-16 again(just like in the other deaths,expressed sorrow,never heard Palestians do that,they just dance on the streets)...Israel never targeted terrorist in a crowded market/place or what so ever,I would call you a daydreamer if you were not in Wonderland(stop fantasizing)...
In the smallest successful suicide attack in Israel 5 people were killed,13 injured and 20 more suffered PTS...You tell me who's killing more,and who's doing it intentionally against civilians...If you want I'll give you link to the stats...

[edit on 22-7-2005 by ZMax]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Well, if the cops shoot you in the head and anyone questions it, I'll ask the same thing to them...

Firstly I would not run away if I was innocent and secondly if I was carrying a bomb I would expect to cops to at shoot me anyway.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well, I gotta say, I think the cops did the right thing. We have a suspected terrorist being followed from his home by authorities that are planning on capturing him. When he noticed they were following him, he ran and 9 cops chased after him. He is wearing a big coat that witnesses have said looked very padded in the middle of the summer, and he's running from 9 cops, jumping over embankments trying to get to the train. I've read some stories that said he tripped, others that he was pushed down by the cops. Either way, he fell and looked extremely panicked. So the cops shot him 5 times with the intention of killing him before he could potentially blow himself up, injuring many others.

If he were a suicide bomber, missed getting to his escape route/target and he trips with cops right about there, why on earth would you think he wouldn't be planning to blow himself up there before being captured? Taking out 9 infidel cops in his twisted mind would probably get him passage to heaven. And why would you not suspect that he's a suicide bomber? He's dressed in a long winter coat in the midst of summer, he's a suspected terrorist about to be arrested regardless of his having explosives now, and he's running to the type of target that on two separate occasions in the past 15 days have been targets of terrorist bombers. If they didn't think he was about to blow something up, you'd have to wonder what they were thinking.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
That was you that brought the president into this not me. Just want to make that understood. As for Yahoo no that is for cry babies not me.

Uhmm. Actually YOU brought females being presidents into the discussion:

(posted on 22-7-2005 at 04:33 AM )

Originally posted by shots
Dot and Vah if you are both females as I suspect that says a lot and is a very good reason why a female should never be president.

Dot.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What's with all the hostillity in this thread?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

What's with all the hostillity in this thread?

I have no idea

*drinks*

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZMax
Second,you should try to find some facts about how many people were injured in targeted assassinatins,because it's obvious you live in Wonderland...Once they were 2 killed(by-standers),and 4 times 1 killed.

Interesting point. The figure I find is 345 Palestinians have been killed in assassination operations conducted by the Israeli army, including 122 bystanders, 39 of them children. That makes less than one bystander per assassinated target on average, which seems reasonable. This says little though about the number of wounded.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

bbc news
A man has been arrested at a Birmingham station in connection with the London bombings, according to British Transport Police

JAK

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Snow Hill Station Birmingham has been cordoned off. Police are investigating two suitcases.

(Sorry - see link above)

[edit on 22/7/05 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
"Female" and "never" in the same sentence, someone had to stand up. But then again, I read an article the other day that wondered why dictatorships and totalitarian governments (in ALL of written history) were never created and enforced by females. Always men. But ahem...back on topic...I had to stand up and say that anyone who cries during or immediately after a terrorist attack (or during warfare) isn't a sissy.

You don't have physical scars in order to have emotional scars in today's world:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon666

Originally posted by ZMax
Second,you should try to find some facts about how many people were injured in targeted assassinatins,because it's obvious you live in Wonderland...Once they were 2 killed(by-standers),and 4 times 1 killed.

Interesting point. The figure I find is 345 Palestinians have been killed in assassination operations conducted by the Israeli army, including 122 bystanders, 39 of them children. That makes less than one bystander per assassinated target on average, which seems reasonable. This says little though about the number of wounded.

Can You show me link to your info,please...
My info is from wikkipedia...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 300k

bbc news
A man has been arrested at a Birmingham station in connection with the London bombings, according to British Transport Police

I submitted a whole new story on the arrest side since this one is titled shooting putting the two together will cause the original topic to go off topic.

Londen Police Nab 2 Men

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Credible Source.

english.aljazeera.net...

Anyone can contribute to Wiki. It's no Bible.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

London mayor backs shoot-to-kill policy on suspected bombers

LONDON (AFP) - London Mayor Ken Livingstone said a shoot-to-kill policy was "overwhelmingly" the way to deal with suspected suicide bombers after police shot a man dead on the subway.

[..]

"If you are dealing with someone who might be a suicide bomber, if they remain conscious they could trigger plastic explosives or whatever device is on them," Livingstone said.

"Therefore overwhelmingly in these circumstances it is going to be a shoot-to-kill policy."

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join