It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Masons. Good or Evil?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Coemgen
reply to post by scooterstrats

I hope you will learn to read soon and perhaps understand words ideas and the message. The dictionary and public education help people have the same Lexicon.

And you seem to think that this was a proper sentence in English? Yeah, in about middle school. Punctuation and phrasing is lost on you. I hope that you soon take a remedial English Writing class. If you are old enough, many colleges offer these on weekends for a nominal fee.

[edit on 2/18/10 by scooterstrats]

[edit on 2/18/10 by scooterstrats]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Coemgen

A non-Mason telling a Mason about Freemasonry is like an Australian telling a Swede what it feels like to live in Sweden.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If you cannot read and understand the message; I cannot think it for you.

Saurus

Why would you tell me that you would know better if you are not a mason.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I am a Mason.

I know most of the Ritual by heart, and have never come across a Yankee Rose or Redwood trees in Freemasonry.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
When was the first time you went to Bohemian Grove?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I have never been to Bohemian Grove, nor do I claim to know anything about them.

I can only say that those words/symbols do not appear in Freemasonry.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Coemgen

do you think that all masons are part of the grove? Or is it just the Higher ups? maybe that is where the infamous "High Level Masons" are at.

Good thing you are here to inform us. Where did you learn all this by the way? it wasn't...........You tube was it?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You Masons can be ignorant all you want.

I am telling you about me experience because I know.

I know you are not a high level mason.

i know I know more about Freemasonry than you do. You demonstrate your lack of knowledge or delusion from believing the nonsense that you must learn ( do you think about it when you learn.. does it make sense is it logical? ) Its funny because the first set of Reading a person does is about beings smart and thinking.... Almost everything in the middle is not about thinking... One of the most important things you are told is Mah ha bone ( sounds like s little kid made it up ) dont stick your tongue out if you dont like what you are reading. can you spell the word thunk

Honestly, I have been to Bohemian Grove... I know a lot of what happens there... If you haven't been to Bohemian Grove Why are you even typing?

You should be Reading

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You should be Reading
Reading what, exactly? You haven't recommended any books, and the only link you've given was to Merriam Webster's dictionary. (I prefer the OED, myself...)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

You should be Reading

Freemasonry has lots of words and symbols. They represent things.

You are JAFL. I think thats funny.

On the same token, words are symbols. If you do not understand the code in the words then you are not thinking and if so you cannot be reading.

The acronym JAFL intends to say that people lessen their ability to think because of concussions and other activities performed due to playing football.

What does the acronym stand for? and what is the actual intended message.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Coemgen

Well, I attended a meeting last Friday, this last Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (OES), and tonight I have practice for opening the Commandery. Tomorrow night I have a meeting that I may not be able to attend. On average I attend 1-2 meetings a week, sometimes more if my schedule permits. Last year I was Worshipful Master so I attended almost every one of the 48 meeting my Lodge had, plus a multitude of other Loge's meetings (also include the annual Grand Loge meeting). I'm also heavily involved with the York Rite and we meet only once a month, but we've been having practice nights as we draw closer to the Spring initiation and Grand Session of the Idaho Grand York Rite.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to

Well, I attended a meeting last Friday, this last Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (OES), and tonight I have practice for opening the Commandery. Tomorrow night I have a meeting that I may not be able to attend. On average I attend 1-2 meetings a week, sometimes more if my schedule permits. Last year I was Worshipful Master so I attended almost every one of the 48 meeting my Lodge had, plus a multitude of other Loge's meetings (also include the annual Grand Loge meeting). I'm also heavily involved with the York Rite and we meet only once a month, but we've been having practice nights as we draw closer to the Spring initiation and Grand Session of the Idaho Grand York Rite.

It sounds like you are too busy to get into any kind of trouble !!!!!
I admire the effort you put into it.

Casing

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Coemgen

Really, what to you constitutes a high level Mason? Someone who is in the Bohemian Grove? Because if it is, you would be mistaken.

In the Boise area, I would consider myself a higher ranking Mason. Not the highest or anything, but I'm up there. Doing a lot of things, going to a lot of meetings, and so forth.

You know, you still never answered my question: Are you a Mason?

I'm a Master Ritualist, so when I studied the ritual I would always look up a word in the dictionary if I didn't know it. A lot of it made sense, the more I read it, but that is due to it being written in an older form of English than I was accustomed to at the time.

Bohemian Grove isn't involved with the Masons and I'm not interested in joining their group so I don't care.

reply to post by Casing

You know, my parents said the same thing. lol. I don't know why, but I feel the need to stay busy. I just hate wasting time. I love multi-tasking!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
I am a Mason.

I know most of the Ritual by heart, and have never come across a Yankee Rose or Redwood trees in Freemasonry.

KSigMason and Saurus

You both have said you do not know or you are not associated with that part.

So what authority or credential do you have since you know nothing about this?

As far as I have read is that you both have said you are not aware of any of these ideas. Hence, why would you not want to learn about it?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Coemgen

Again, you have not answered my question: Are you a Mason? My guess is no.

I have told you over and over, the Redwoods have nothing to with Freemasonry. Nowhere in any of the Freemasons lore or history have their been Redwood trees.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Reading

Manly Palmer Hall

Start with all words. What is your interpretation of the message he intended in his words?

www.manlyphall.org...

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Coemgen]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

What is your interpretation of the message he intended in his words?

www.manlyphall.org...

I think Manly Hall had an excellent understanding of symbols, esoteric and occult philosophy.

Simply put, my interpretation of the message in his words is as follows:

We should study the hidden mysteries of nature and science, the better to know our maker.

To me, at least, this is one of the core aspects of Freemasonry.

[edit on 19/2/2010 by Saurus]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

I have an issue with anyone who considers Hall a Masonic authority. He wrote the majority of his books, both on Masonry and other esoteric topics, when he was in his twenties. He didn't actually become a Mason himself until thirty years later. He had no inside knowledge when he wrote "Lost Keys of Freemasonry" or "Secret Teachings of All Ages". He could speculate, and he could research, but he had no first-hand experience.

So claiming reference to "The Lost Keys of Freemasonry by Manly P. Hall 33°" is like advertising "The Next Karate Kid staring 2-time Oscar winner Hillary Swank". While it's true that Swank has won the Oscar twice, it was years after she starred in a Karate Kid film, and to associate the two falsely infers some correlation between the descriptor and the work, giving it an artificial validity that simply isn't deserved.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Josh, I agree with you 100%.

Perhaps my post was (unintentionally) misleading...

I enjoy esoteric studies, and find his writing in that respect very interesting. However, I would never call him an authority on Freemasonry.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Coemgen

OK. either show some proof, a link, a picture, something that ties masonry in with the Grove, or pack it in a disapear. Your opinion is pretty far from a fact. I have seen some fantastic things in my life, but this isn't one of them. Please read every word I typed. One at a time.

JAFL

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join