It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Myths About Islam

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I believe he is refering to the fact that for hundreds of years the Catholic Church suppressed any ideas with a vengance.

Can you document this curious assertion?

People were tortured and killed for saying the earth is round.

I think you are mistaken. The church never held a position on this issue, as far as I know. Even Cosmas Indicopleustes book makes clear that his fellow monks thought he was away with the fairies.

But by all means cite examples -- there should be 'many' if this statement is right -- if you feel I am mistaken.

Many ideas took so much longer to become mainstream because of this.

I think this is a quote from somewhere? It's a mistaken idea, tho.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Here is a link referring to what I was talking about. I didn't have much time to get it so if you want more I would suggest a Google search of "Church Dark Ages/Middle Ages."

Edited to add: Or more specifically, search using "Catholic Church Dark Ages or Middle Ages" It will bring up plenty.

[edit on 7/23/2005 by hatchedcross]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
As to world conquest for Islam. This is definitely the goal as defined by modern Islamic leaders.

But orangetom..... Ther ARE no modern Islamic leaders. That is one of the incredible things about Islam. Muslims are taught to first look at the Quran; and if the answer is not there, to look in the Hadith (sayings of Muhammad); and if the answer is not there; to use their own judgement. All those "fatwas" have not the slightest bit of authority as "RULES". They are more like the "Result of research from Quran and Hadith" on the part of the author. A person can read them, and if they agree with what is in the Quran and Hadith, abide by them if they wish. However, some people bring out fatwas just to push forward their own point of view. That is why it is always important to research what is said.

[edit on 24-7-2005 by babloyi]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have to somewhat agree with you on that statement Babyloi. There are no modern Islamic leaders. This makes the more radical factions leaders by default.

I believe the word means "submission" These psuedo leaders come to the forefront and hijack Islam and the people are made to submit in silence or face penalties.

Babyloi,
No matter what you or I debate here in these rooms ..radical Islam is coming to the west with horrible results. As I have stated ..most westerners are asleep at the steering wheel. Pretty much oblivious to what is coming.
I am not at all convinced that certain western groups are not secretly encouraging this for a certain result in the Mid Eastern affairs. Even at the cost in lives of our peoples and others.
I am certain that someone here in the west is planning the fall of Iran. Syria too. How I am not certain but I believe it is being done. Timing will be critical. There is much ..much more at stake here than is being told to the American public.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is all i have to say. On september 11 most in the muslims countrys jumped up and down for joy when the planes hit the towers and this is a fact. I used to have some muslims friends that worked at a store and they wanted me to convert and be a muslim i told them i could not and then i told them that i believed that jesus was GOD and they told me if i continued to say that jesus was GOD they would throw me out of their store and they were so mad they acted like they could have killed me and i just said it over and over JEASUS IS GOD JESUS IS LORD i would not bow to their radical way of thinking.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join