It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Myths About Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

#3 Most Muslims are arabs

Let it be known that Iranians are not arabs. Arabs refer to the people in Iraq, the only reason to back up the claim most muslims are arabs is because of the media coverage on tv. Also arabs are more devout muslims compared to the surrounding countries that don't care much in terms of religion. The only people preaching religion would be the government to only further their own political agenda.

Originally posted by Merkeva
Sorry for the off topic here, but frosty I find your signature offensive. Binning the symbol of islam , a religion ? Is that allowed here on ATS i mean the other two symbol reprsent forms of government communisim and facisim , which I can live with. Im sure I wouldnt be allowed have a sig binning jesus on the cross, sorry i used this thread to bring this up but it seems relevent.

I also agree with this. Frosty's just a hater, and he wants everyone to know it. Frosty would make a loyal servant to one of the disgraced US soldiers one day.

[edit on 7-16-2005 by websurfer]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
My oh my. Congrats to the author of this thread for trying to dispell some of the myths about Islam at a "right" leaning site.

Having looked at your join date, apparently you have not been here long enough to discern "right" from "left," when applied to how you think this site leans. Quite frankly your wrong.

As to your other mentions and perspectives given within this topic, I would agree.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Seeker-

As a matter of fact I was here over a year or so ago, under a different name. Due to internet problems I had to change my account. I have been here long enough to know that a majority of the post' DO lean to the right though. IMHO( of course)

[edit on 16-7-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Eric Rudolph is a good counter example. Just because he was assasinating people who worked against his beliefs doesn't mean that all Christians are willing to kill for their beliefs.

Basically, the association of terrorists and Muslims is a psy-op plot to instill the idea of a global enemy in the minds of willing sheep.

The fact is that violent tendencies can be manifested by any state or organization.

Having spent a lot of time with Muslims has deprogrammed me from the idea that they are inherently evil. Muslim terrorists are just like any other type of terrorists - extremists, criminals, and usually losers in life who are easily swayed to a criminal cause.

The connection between Muslims and terrorists is affirmed in almost all media broadcasts. I love listening to the brainwashing on NPR, when they interview Muslims about the recent bombings. They always have to instill the idea that Muslims aren't really against terror. It goes like this.

"(Name of person) says they are against terror, BUT they understand the causes." (Cut to segment about interviewee talking about how Muslims are offended by the West here.)

Well, we can all understand root causes of terrorism. It's not like the idea of understanding motivations is excluded to all but Muslims. It's just interesting that media portrays Western leaders as being totally innocent-minded and incapable of understanding why in God's name terrorists would be willing to lash out at the West through terrorism.

UK, US leaders, Westerners innocent angels. Muslims somewhat backwards Islamazoids. Simplification of the world is a philosophy sheeple always swallow with great pleasure because it allows them the opportunity to bypass thought.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merkeva
Sorry for the off topic here, but frosty I find your signature offensive. Binning the symbol of islam , a religion ? Is that allowed here on ATS i mean the other two symbol reprsent forms of government communisim and facisim , which I can live with. Im sure I wouldnt be allowed have a sig binning jesus on the cross, sorry i used this thread to bring this up but it seems relevent.

Communisim is a religion mind you.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by phalcon
Communisim is a religion mind you.

Semantics..... If communism is a religion, then capitalism is just as well.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
HI,
I am a Believer in the one god the most gracious(defn. of muslim).
I am a not those poor fools who think they are muslims. actually muslims and christians both do the same amount of crime. In the Kuran it says that the ook will never be altered but it means that the orijinal will never be altered (its in ancient arabic) and many arabs can not read it and many extermist leaders just make their own interpretation for their own gain and the quran warns of people like that over and over and over it became repetitive after a while but it has a reason. Christians Jews and Muslims are the same things but god gave us three religions because people just dont like to agree with each other they just won't like the russians in the cold war they kept on threatening like a bully and the US just had to make more and more missiles , back to the point we have a lack of humility humility is what keeps us good and clean. God is perfect God can't make mistakes its all deliberate once you realize that i figure dit out i was a muslim but im beyond that i am a believer in GOD and will give charity and will strive to be humble before my sustainer. And i'm a very patriotic American because america was made out of people who wanted to be free from the chains of chatolisism just love people even if those bastard retards are dancing at 9/11 (my stomach burned for three days after seeing that if i was shallow minded i sure would have said those damn muslims urn them all but im not . I hope God may enlighten you and open your hearts to the truth ( not the truth i believ but the fact that god loves all of his creations)
(:EDIT: my keyboard is roken and i have been living abroad for a long time and i still love my country and defend it against shallow minded fools , but i forgot how to write properly so please forgive my faulty writing :EDIT: )

[edit on 16-7-2005 by EnlightenedOne]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sure I will going along with capitialisim as a religion as well...

we all have our beliefes... even beliving that there is no God is a belief in itself. No one knows everything, so therefor in what you dont know -may- be the existance of God... But you go by faith that there is no God, and you conduct your life bassed on your faith. Wich in turn is your religion.

Its one of those paradoxes... Like saying I dont have a religion... well that is yor religion... Just like saying I'm perfectly tolerent... But i dont tolerate those who arnt...

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenedOne

...Christians Jews and Muslims are the same things but god gave us three religions because people just dont like to agree with each other...

Jesus said I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

So what also did he say?

Mat 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Hmm well many Jewish People do not confess Jesus as lord.... Nether do the muslims...

Then

Mat 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Same Religion? No they are not at all. They all have diffrent ways of Getting to heaven, that are mutualy EXCLUSIVE of the other two ways.

[edit on 7/16/2005 by phalcon]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by phalcon

...Christians Jews and Muslims are the same things but god gave us three religions because people just dont like to agree with each other...

Jesus said I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

So what also did he say?

Mat 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Hmm well many Jewish People do not confess Jesus as lord.... Nether do the muslims...

Then

Mat 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Same Religion? No they are not at all. They all have diffrent ways of Getting to heaven, that are mutualy EXCLUSIVE of the other two ways.

[edit on 7/16/2005 by phalcon]

No way could Jesus be speaking metaphorically.

Jesus couldn't possibly represent a means of living, a way of life that transcends the man, or the name Jesus.

If other people have different words for his lessons, but the ends are the same, then those people are definitely going to Hell.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Without going into the specifics of each religion, something that I simply do not have enough knowledge to do let’s take a look at the results religion produces where they are dominate.

Both Christianity and Islam have fantastically horrific pasts but ONE has outgrown this tendency and matured while the other wallows somewhere in the 13th century.

Name a world-class college that exists in Islamic countries. (One that students studying something besides ISLAM are flocking to attend..ie: an Islamic Oxford or Harvard).

Name world-class medical schools, hospitals, or other science centers that exist in the Islamic world.

Name one of these cesspool countries you’d like to migrate to. Turkey is about the best one I can think of and it does not top my list of places I want to pack up and move to.
Indonesia, from my personal experience, is not a place you’d probably want to live (many Indonesians sure don’t).

Name one Islamic country where: women’s rights are upheld, poverty is not rampant, disease and corruption is not out of control. In poorly educated countries religion is usually the ONLY teacher most of these people get. Look what Islam is doing, ignore what apologists say about it.

Despite the specific do’s and don’ts of each religion Christen countries seems to promote (imperfectly perhaps): equality between sexes, technological advancement, rights of the common man, and exploration of thought and learning. Islamic tradition does not promote this.

I don’t see legions of Christen suicide bombers bent on running into crowds of school children for the glory of their god.

I’ll take living in a Christen dominated country over Islamic dominated any day. Based on results, not just intentions or feelings or technical wording of some work of dogma, the Islamic belief system is a disaster.

The only thing about this thread that actually perks my anger is someone is trying to morally equate Islam with other religions. Look around, open your eyes folks, there is NO comparison. Islamic countries suck ass and have sucked ass for a very very long time (since before the USA even existed).

Just say no to Islam and Islamic balkanization of your country!

[edit on 7/16/2005 by MrNice - Typing seems to be beyond me today]

[edit on 7/16/2005 by MrNice]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
wow i am going to hell because i preach the belief that we are all one and we should love each other very insightful.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bpletcj
What do you mean most Americans. Here you tell us that the terrorist are a minority and not to lump all Muslims together that in fact most Muslims denounce the atrocities that are being committed. Then a response later you lump "most Americans" together as being full of hate just because frosty post a hatful responce.

First of I am an American and have many Muslim friends and do not disrespect the innocence peace loving Muslims.

To me you are just being a hypocrite.

My ancestors came to America from Germany in 1932 because they did not agree with Hitlers views and the way he was treating the Jews.

So 73 years later me being of German decent I guess that makes me a Nazi is that your easement?

You preach tolerance though Hate, way to go.

You're right, I should've have lumped all Americans they way I did. I appreciate you and anyone that feels they should point it out. The only way we learn is through correcting our mistakes. I'm too American. I live in TN if you must know. I also am of German decent. My great-grandmother and great-grandfather were German and came over I believe shortly before WWI started.

The only reason I said most Americans though, is because almost everyone I know or have met are full of hate.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
i dont want to judge people but people in the south are the ones most prone to hate, and they were the ones who supported slavery the most

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Humbug.

Why not try to dispell the myth that in Islam when a marriage is failing the women must sleep with a man other than her husband before the couple can get back together? Oh, that is right, it is not a myth. Called halala.

No mention of women being abused in Quran:
YUSUFALI: "And take in thy hand a little grass, and strike therewith: and break not (thy oath)." Truly We found him full of patience and constancy. How excellent in Our service! ever did he turn (to Us)!
PICKTHAL: And (it was said unto him): Take in thine hand a branch and smite therewith, and break not thine oath. Lo! We found him steadfast, how excellent a slave! Lo! he was ever turning in repentance (to his Lord).
SHAKIR: And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with It and do not break your oath; surely We found him patient; most excellent the servant! Surely he was frequent m returning (to Allah).

This must be one of those local, non Islamic traditions of beating Hindu passer bys to death and having mullahs chant: Kill the Kafir. So you say it is totally seperate from what Islam preaches?

No Jihad?: Quran 9:123 "O you who believe, fight those of the unbelievers near you and let them see how harsh you can be. Know that Allah is with the righteous." Fighting in the name of a god is a holy war, not a fatigue or labour.

kix

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
"I am not racist..I hate everyone alike"

How about this for a signature?

Man its sad to see that people want to lump Arabs or Islam profesing people in to the "terrorist bandwagon"
I just wonder what would happen if Internet was around the crusades? man we catholic would be labeled terrorists murderes etc.... my point is that is esasier to point fingers and desecrate, than to build understanding and grow....

so sad....

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

i dont want to judge people but people in the south are the ones most prone to hate, and they were the ones who supported slavery the most

No, that would be your Democrat of yesteryear and today.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice
Without going into the specifics of each religion, something that I simply do not have enough knowledge to do let’s take a look at the results religion produces where they are dominate.

Both Christianity and Islam have fantastically horrific pasts but ONE has outgrown this tendency and matured while the other wallows somewhere in the 13th century.

The belief that Christianity has outgrown its horrible past whislt Islam has not is complete nonsense. Lest we forget it was less than fifty years ago that people in America were denied the right to drink from the same water faucets as whites. The same things we are chastizing the arabs (islamist) for, we are guilty of within a generation.

The sad fact of the matter is...Christianity was just as fundamentalist as islam, until recently, yet the west tries to claim that Christianity should be held in some higher reguard. This is absolut nonsense, as anyone familiar with history can point out. The west as usual, expects to hold others to a standard of "civilization"that they themselves are not willing, nor able to uphold. Thus illustrating, once again that the true values of America and the west lay not in truth, nor justice, but the ability to buck the system, as much as the system allows that is.....

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

The belief that Christianity has outgrown its horrible past whislt Islam has not is complete nonsense. Lest we forget it was less than fifty years ago that people in America were denied the right to drink from the same water faucets as whites. The same things we are chastizing the arabs (islamist) for, we are guilty of within a generation.

The sad fact of the matter is...Christianity was just as fundamentalist as islam, until recently, yet the west tries to claim that Christianity should be held in some higher reguard. This is absolut nonsense, as anyone familiar with history can point out. The west as usual, expects to hold others to a standard of "civilization"that they themselves are not willing, nor able to uphold. Thus illustrating, once again that the true values of America and the west lay not in truth, nor justice, but the ability to buck the system, as much as the system allows that is.....

Again, can you answers the man's question and name one prominent Islamic school or Islamic hospital, research center, or non-religous library? Islamic nations still do not allow for the practice of any religion other than Islam. Christian nations have outgrown their past.

Do not forget the fact that it was Muslims who started the Crusades in 711 with the invasion of the Iberian Peninsula, but were driven back across the Pyrenes by Charles Martel in 734. Why was this not in my high school text books?

[edit on 16-7-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Humbug.

Why not try to dispell the myth that in Islam when a marriage is failing the women must sleep with a man other than her husband before the couple can get back together? Oh, that is right, it is not a myth. Called halala.

It says that if a man and woman divorce, before they get back together after its final, she has to be married to and divorced by another before they can get back. 2:224-237 is where general divorce rules are found.

No mention of women being abused in Quran:
YUSUFALI: "And take in thy hand a little grass, and strike therewith: and break not (thy oath)." Truly We found him full of patience and constancy. How excellent in Our service! ever did he turn (to Us)!
PICKTHAL: And (it was said unto him): Take in thine hand a branch and smite therewith, and break not thine oath. Lo! We found him steadfast, how excellent a slave! Lo! he was ever turning in repentance (to his Lord).
SHAKIR: And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with It and do not break your oath; surely We found him patient; most excellent the servant! Surely he was frequent m returning (to Allah).

Where did you find this part at? I would like to see why they are being beaten. Is it for being unfaithful to their husband? Stealing? What?

This must be one of those local, non Islamic traditions of beating Hindu passer bys to death and having mullahs chant: Kill the Kafir. So you say it is totally seperate from what Islam preaches?

Point out in the Quaran where it says to beat to death people of other faiths for walking by.

No Jihad?: Quran 9:123 "O you who believe, fight those of the unbelievers near you and let them see how harsh you can be. Know that Allah is with the righteous." Fighting in the name of a god is a holy war, not a fatigue or labour.

At the beginning of that verse it says to fight those who gird them:
YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! fight the unbelievers who gird you about, and let them find firmness in you: and know that Allah is with those who fear Him.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him).
SHAKIR: O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil).

Gird: To jeer or jeer at
Jeer: showing your contempt by derision
Derision: 1. Contemptuous or jeering laughter; ridicule.
A state of being derided
2. An object of ridicule; a laughingstock.

Sounds to me like it is saying that you should fight those who make-fun of you, not for just unbelieving.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join