It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie And The Chocolate Factory.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Tim Burton is the Son of God. Period. If you did not think so after Big Fish, you will after viewing Charlie. Some people are still trying to call it a remake. It isn't, and was never intended to be. If Roald Dahl was still around, he would have been brought to tears.

People can say what they want about Johnny Depp, but he is one of the few actors alive that actually has balls to really get into a roll. You can not really even compare the two Wonka's. I will always have a special place in my heart for Gene Wilder, but man this is how Wonka is supposed to be.

If you were having any doubts about seeing this movie, how dare you. It is directed by one of, if not the greatest director alive!!!

"Everything in this room is edible. Even I'm edible. But that's called cannibalism, and it's frowned upon in most societies." - Willy Wonka

Hell, any movie that has over 100 trained squirrels in it is worth my money any day. Dark and acerbic, just like I remember the book being. It was about time.

Now, I must sit and wait for Corpse Bride...

Boba

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Looking forward too, but let me enjoy The Island this weekend first.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by NotheRaGe]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm going to see it this evening. Can't wait!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This Wonka was so my kind of character. Depp nailed it dead on, and the improved look of the place, especially the darkness, did a fantastic job with the movie.

I can't wait for Corpse Bride, that's gonna be awesome. Tim Burton, Johnny Depp, working together again? NEVER!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I hear it's kind of like the Michael Jackson story...some pale faced creepy guy invites children into his lair to do unspeakable things to them...

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Saw it last night. Thought that it was great. Maybe Johnny Depp gets the Oscar that he should have had for Pirates of the Carribean for this. How did they get the Oopa Loompas to all look like one guy?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I hear it's kind of like the Michael Jackson story...some pale faced creepy guy invites children into his lair to do unspeakable things to them...

djohnsto77, I almost fell off my chair laughing! He seems to be a Michael Jackson rip off. The movie looks pretty good and I may see it when it comes out on DVD (don't feel like going to the theater, total rip off, $27.00 for two hot dogs and a coke!)

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Agreed!This is an excellent version.Depp ads his personal touch,as usual,to this classic.Has anyone seen the collaboration of Johnny and Tim Burton in "Ed Wood"?Again they are one hell of a team.

Can't wait for Pirates 2 & 3 to arrive,both currently in production.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I saw this yesterday and thought it was very different to the Gene Wilder version, I still liked it though, perhaps one reason is because Johnny Depp is my favourite actor, he played an excellent Willy Wonka! I loved his sarcasm

Wasn't so keen on the oompa loompa's though, I prefered the original ones, I didn't like the songs they sang, a bit too jazzy I thought, but still a very enjoyable movie!

@britcitusa- yep Ed Wood is a brilliant movie!

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I really like Depp but found the movie to be a disappointment. Perhaps my mind just kept trying to compare it to the original and thus I could not see past that. I think the kids will still like it though.

top topics

join