It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Blasts will Unite West!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
IRA had military explosives and still does, its hard to get hold of it in the UK, but its easy to smuggle it into this country.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Of course they're terrorists they caused terror & killed people!

All we're saying is they're not the international, just-flown-in-from-Iran, phantom Al Quida that the US / FOX have created and are blaming for this to suit their own agenda.

With Islamic terror 'universities' on the web it's very likely more countries will face this threat from within in the future.

BTW registered explosive storage sites in UK - anyone looking long & hard enough could find detailed list of sites (this was a concern when the PIRA were at it, thought it had been classified but apparently not!!)

www.landmarkinfo.co.uk...

Finding it's one thing, breaking in and getting away a very different thing

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
From the break throughs today, there is no question that there is a possibilty that this was carried out by a home grown cell. With the explosives however, there was probably an abroad link because its extremely hard to get a hold of military explosives in the UK.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I agree it's hard to steal but not impossible. Plastique is used in demolitions, quarrying etc - there's lots stored around the UK.

Most-likely brought in - can be bought on open market in the east / Russia etc

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
I agree it's hard to steal but not impossible. Plastique is used in demolitions, quarrying etc - there's lots stored around the UK.

Most-likely brought in - can be bought on open market in the east / Russia etc

Agreed.

Most likely is that the explosives have come from Eastern Europe and Russia.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The day after the bombings, I was in a taxi and the driver was saying "F**cking pakis, bastards should be kicked out of the country. Why would a white person ever bomb anything, it was obviously pakis. F**ing paki c**ts".

THIS is what the ignorant masses are now thinking, and not just thinking, telling strangers. Well done Bush, well done Blair, your plans working. Cocks. I can't believe how gullible people are, especially the ones that will now be completely Pro-ID Cards just because they've had a wake up call. Twats

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by infinite
The group behind the attacks on thursday, carried out a "copy cat" attack and an "israel style" attack.

UK media beleive its an Al Qaeda inspired attack, not Al Qaeda itself

I wouldn't be so sure of that anymore after the revelation that the explosives used were highly sophisticated. I don't think this was a ragtag group of people who cooked this up over a kitchen table.

Thats the problem though it could quite easily have been a ragtag group of nuts that identified with Osama Bin Forgotten, and decided they would do something.
Like infinite said, Al Qaeda is being presented as more of an ideology than a group of people. People claim to be acting on behalf of Al Qaeda, but they are just using Al Qaeda as a sort of front for what they are doing because they identify with what Osama seems to believe.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Not one rep from their group is denying it. In fact, they are rejoicing in it.

look, when you have a group that makes press releases saying; We're going to do it!"

then as it is underway, says "We are doing it!"

Then after its over says "We did and we loved it! We will do it again and again!"

You kind of have to consider that they just might be playing some small part in it, don't you? I mean, we have these guys trying to get publicity for their work and you all keep shooting them in the foot by blaming the very people they were doing it too. If I were a terrorist or a supporter, I'd be pulling my freakin beard out!

Do you know how much it costs these guys to obtain these weapons and pull this kind of thing off? Have you any idea how many risks those who front a legitimate occupation or business to smuggle funding to them take? And what of the ones who strap on the bomb and blow themselves to kingdom come...and then you come along and say they could not have done it.

Maybe this is the very thing we should be doing. The more they attack, the more we say "Nah, could not have been that inept group of losers!"

Hey, works for me and it makes me much less concerned for my fellow board members intellect if I know you aren't really buying into that.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
What I'm saying is that there is an incredibly huge group of people in brittain right now that hear the words Al Qaeda and now hate everyone with skin darker than theirs, or anyone of eastern appearance. I've wittnessed it first hand over the last couple of days. Until this has actually been investigated and we know the facts (or whatever we are given), I reserve judgement on who did it.

Lessons should have been learned from 9/11, but it looks like the publics fed up of learning and wants blood instead.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
No-one's defending Al Quida it's just we like to see evidence before blaming anyone / justifying invasions etc.

Guy we're burying our dead and counting fire-bombed mosques! I think we have a right to discuss / debate without being swamped by opinions whipped up by the US administration / FOX for their own war agenda.

You carry on thinking it was Osama if it makes you happy - we have a new more deadly threat to deal with.

The trick is to sort it without civil strife - something the UK's rather better at than the US. It's a UK issue not helped by half-truths and misinformation

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob

it looks like the publics fed up of learning and wants blood instead.

Hmm. now it seems to me that we have another group or two out there that might fit into this catagory..now let me see, who would they be?

See, what you are doing is criticizing the victims for the same feelings of which you want to obsovle the perpetrators. Thats called hypocrisy and is just about par for the course these days.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm not criticizing the victims, I'm observing them. I am however criticizing the people who call themselves victims on the sole basis they live in the UK .

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The day after the bombings, I was in a taxi and the driver was saying "F**cking pakis, bastards should be kicked out of the country. Why would a white person ever bomb anything, it was obviously pakis. F**ing paki c**ts".

Sad to say you don't need 4 bombs and 50+ dead to hear that sort of sh*te from London Taxi Drivers!!? I thought it was part of the 'service'.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
He wasn't a London taxi driver, he was a welsh one, I've heard similar things, with less expletives, from old ladies in the library where I work, as well as middle aged people and teenagers. So it's a bit more widespread than "London Cab Drivers" sadly.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I'm not criticizing the victims, I'm observing them. I am however criticizing the people who call themselves victims on the sole basis they live in the UK .

You are correct, they are not technically victims, just potential targets so they should be just fine with that huh?

For those of you whom the difference between terrorist killing people and the people killing terrorist has eluded or just plain doesn't suit, lets grasp the delta shall we?

The people terrorist kill are going about their daily lives and business. They are usually intending to harm no one and just attempting, in most cases, to feed and shelter themselves.

The terrorist people kill are caught red handed trying to plot yet another brutal attack and rather than surrender their weapons and give it up, they take as many innocent people with them as possible. They usually already have their basic needs of food and shelter met by illegal funds given to them by the activists groups who support their campaign. So, they kill for pleasure rather than self-preservation.

If they halted their aggression, no one would be hunting them and trying to hold them accountable. This is a case of which came first, the chicken or the egg. It doesn't really matter anymore. Their agenda is to kill everyone who isn't them. There is no appeasment or compromise and it is sad they have chosen such a terminal route. A wise people always leave themselves room for compromise, they have left no room for any of us. If we do not fight them, we face the inevitable result of such a goal.

To some of you, It may not be evident now or it just may not be a reality many of you can grasp and thats certainly understandable but I think we have those in the know who are being forced into taking action because of what they see on the horizon. I have always had a knack for forward looking. I remember in 1997, telling my wife a major terror attack on the US was not only possible but probable. How did I know? Well, UBL said they were going to do it so I just listened and realized how callous our society had become and how political correctness had basically rendered us powerless to stop it. Very little was done after the 1993 attack so they would try again. The outcome was inevitable much as it still is.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Agreed, I was trying to bring a bit of humour (& failing). The Welsh! there's an idea - Sons of Owain Glyndwr? - unlikely I know.

Seriously it looks like 1 or 4 hot-heads have ruined our good (to date) race relations - troubled times ahead?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092

Seriously it looks like 1 or 4 hot-heads have ruined our good (to date) race relations - troubled times ahead?

Troubled indeed.

And astrocreep, everyones a POTENTIAL victim to any crime, but we don't all go out the door in the morning expecting to be stabbed or beaten to death, or blown up on a bus. I'm not insulting victims, I'm not inhuman enough to ignore the fact that innocent families have been torn apart. It's sick, it's evil. That doesn't mean I have to suddenly accept everything I'm told about the evils of Islam etc. Being swept up in the War on Terror is ignorance. Stand up for your rights by all means, everyone should be vigilant against any crime, but don't let mass hysteria guide you.
You sound very agitated, as though you think I'm trying to get one over on you. I'm not, I'm stating my opinion on the matter. Gathering and forming your own opinions leads to knowledge, so don't piss on mine.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Gathering and forming your own opinions leads to knowledge, so don't piss on mine.

Well, i apologize if having a differing opinion comes across as pissing on yours. It was certainly not meant that way. I'm not really agitated at all.

I just get a little perturbed at the intentional clouding of this issue.

Just because someone is a muslim does not make them a terrorist and I condemn lashing out against someone for just that reason.

My point is that just because someone is NOT muslim is no reason to lash out at them either. We spend oodles of time and bandwidth trying to either justify islamic terrorism or defend them because of their faith yet we have so little arguments against their intolerance for non-islamic people.

For some reason, this is somehow accepted because it is their faith. My argument is that I don't plan to die just because I go against someone elses faith. I could give a damn if they have their religious goals realized or not. I'm not going to try and justify or explain it away on some fanciful conspiracy. I am saying I stand against their religious doctrine of eradication of the rest of us. I'd be a fool not too. If it makes me insensitive, I don't care.

Being muslim is not a reason to condemn an innocent person but its not a reason to give a terrorist exclusion from the law either. The people doing this need to be prosecuted whether they are islamic or not.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Of course the people responsible need to be sentenced and judged. They are murderers. I'm not on the side of Muslims or "The West", I don't wish to and will not be part of a divide between a religion and a society. I am a human being.

I object to Tony Blair saying "We know these people have done this in the name of Islam" before the bodies of the dead are even cold and before anything has been investigated. It's callous and absurd. It's dangerous. How long has the debate about who commited the 9/11 attrocities been going on? And who, currently, is seeming to hold all the cards marked "fact"? Is it the ones who, immediately after 9/11 declared it the work of Osama bin Demon and declared war on muslims? I think not.

Unless your a neo-con, in which case fact has no relevance and those turban wearing haters of The Western Dream must be slaughtered.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Unless your a neo-con, in which case fact has no relevance and those turban wearing haters of The Western Dream must be slaughtered.

Ah so this comes back to good old US politics huh? Well, you'll have to forgive me because I think US politics is about as much a crock of crap as is the idea that islamic terror cells are being framed.

No, I do not consider myself a noecon..nor even a con. I was raised in a democrat family but have recently seen they're as full of crap as the GOP so what do I base my opinion on? Oh, how could it be, someone who doesn't need to look to a list of talking points to form an opinion? Mercy me. What do we do!!?

No, I don't base my opinion that Islamic Terror cells carry out bombings on a political ideology. I base them on the FACT that Islamic Terror cells routinly threaten bombings, are killed in the bombings carrying them out, and jovially claim responsibility for them after they are done.

When you watch a video and a man claim he's about to drive a bus ladened with explosives into an embassy of peace in the name of a religion, watch him get behind the wheel and drive into the building and detonate the bomb, I'd say its a pretty safe bet he intentionally did it, wouldn't you?

Blair said these people did this in the name of Islam because thats what they said. He also went on to say that this fact did not incriminate the entire religion or words to that effect..of which I see you carefully omitted from your previous post.

Do you understand how hearing you all bitch and moan because someone uses a popular religion as guidance to committ terror,( then not only refuse to acknowledge it but chastise whose who refuse to stand in the corner, eyes shut, fingers in our ears because we have had to come to the conclusion that those who claim to have done this might just have done it) makes us want to bash our heads against the wall at this idiotic cat and mouse game?

We know these people did this. They warned of it, they claimed responsibility when it was done and they now have remains of the bombers who died carrying it out (I just heard on the radio). How the hell can we ignore this any longer?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join