It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Blasts will Unite West!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
How can we unite everyone against these “terrorists”?

Is there a way to use the recent attacks in London to achieve this goal?

You bet there is and we plan to exploit it to the fullest!

Link

U.S. policymakers are working this week to hammer home the Bush administration’s perspective on last week’s bombings in London, a view that emphasizes the bloodthirsty nature of al-Qaida, the necessity of re-examining long-established notions of law enforcement and the longer-term importance of bringing democracy to the Islamic world, beginning in Iraq.

With critics of British Prime Minister Tony Blair linking the attack to his decision to join the U.S.-led war in Iraq, the United States is hoping to help Blair counter such claims by pushing for a reassessment of the West's approach to terrorism. From President Bush down, the message is one of determination to fight on mixed with encouragement for democratic nations to “take off the gloves,” as one American diplomat put it, in the fight against terrorism.

Could both the US and British have asked for any better propaganda to support the war in Iraq and the War on terrorism?

They want you to understand that "These kind of people who blow up subways and buses are not people you can negotiate with, or reason with, or appease"

These kind of people?

Do they really know for sure who "these kind of people" are now?

If the attacks in London were indeed the actions taken by Al-Qaeda, this has to be the most stupid move they've made yet.

They have handed the Bush and Blair Administrations a propaganda victory that is or will soon be priceless!

Can you now see where this is going?

Hopeful?

They are "hopeful that the london bomboings will unite the west"

Think about that for a while!

ESP

[edit on 11-7-2005 by EvilSockPuppet]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
its another example of decisions being made and policy being implemented without waiting for a real investigation to be conducted.
Al-qaeda, which doesnt exist, or at least hasnt been proven to exist and of which hardly anyone has ever been convicted of being a member, is assumed to be the perpetrator.
The world grows ever more insane, surely everyone begins to see through this bluff now.

btw

the necessity of re-examining long-established notions of law enforcement

dont like the sound of that much

[edit on 11-7-2005 by AdamJ]

[edit on 11-7-2005 by AdamJ]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The blasts will united the west politically for a very short time. Sympathy only goes to a level where it is convenient for the sympathiser to give it.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Since the tragic incident in London, I wonder how well the tied and outstanding watch against the "war on terror" has been working when something like this was able to happen under their watch.

It seems that now the tragic events of 9/11 has cool down to the point that the recent tragic events in London are going to be exploited to the max.

I find the propaganda despicable.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I agree with you EvilSockPuppet, the point has already been made, Al-Qaeda did it, and the facts haven't even been found yet, the West is United.

but even as I say that, I know fully well that no matter how the incident happened or what really went down, either side of the issue will have a point to make on their behalf and we "joe public" will never really know the truth.

Sure the Secret Group of Al-Qaeda in Europe could have commited these horrendous attacks on the Brits, but it's also quite possible that something even more sinister like government involvement could have occurred.

That's the nature of conspiracists, to see conspiracy whether there is or isn't and Incidents like these succeed in furthering political agenda and conspiracy because of the confusion, mythology, emotions, lies and accusations that follow human tragedy.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
A unification of the West? The west is already united in the coalition.

Lets look at the real logic in this. The heat is already hot and heavy on Al Qaeda. Whether it was them or not. If it was them, they picked soft targets.

Do the bombing unify the West? It seems to me it merely makes us strangle under our own resolve. Of the two, Al Qaeda, The US, or even Israel, it appears that the bombings make more sense on terms of swaying a public opinionn that is moving towards the war on terror being a sham.

Im begining to believe that the war on terror was a convenient scapegoat for imperialism and expansionism in terrritories previously difficult to attain.

Peace

[edit on 11-7-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I know fully well that no matter how the incident happened or what really went down, either side of the issue will have a point to make on their behalf and we "joe public" will never really know the truth.

Sure the Secret Group of Al-Qaeda in Europe could have commited these horrendous attacks on the Brits, but it's also quite possible that something even more sinister like government involvement could have occurred.

That's the nature of conspiracists

At last!

Someone who actually "gets it"

*picks self up from floor*

It seems that in this "war on terrorism" guilt is placed without evidence, trial or even facts.

Too many people are ready to follow the lead given in the news media. What about the rest of the story?

I may be evil, but I am far from stupid!

ESP

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Those pesky Al-Qaedas!!! Who ever they are, where ever they are!!!

I love how support for the 'War On Terrorism' is at an all time low and then there's an attack on London when UK troops are planned for a partial widthdrawal, Iraq and Iran and joining each other militarily and all we get out of it is:

"We won't be deterred"
OR
"The west will unite"

As if these were things which just slipped the mind of a Terrorist who is apparently based in Europe. They must be thinking 'what can we do?? each time we bomb them, they just get bigger armies, hmmm, i know, we'll bomb them again, this time smaller but more precise so the main damage is confusion!!'

Come on, it's a professional bombing that's very well organised yet the media make it out that theTerrorist are so dumb that they think we'll be intimidated and widthdraw the trillion dollar investment from their land at risk of the western worlds energy dependent future? Pfff.

'We won't be deterred' is the media and governments way of saying, 'we will take adavantage of your emotions to warrent our investment'.

All i can say is, get ready to 'not be deterred' in the next 6 months as more Allies around the world are needed for the war and more bombs go off.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
There already talking about about removing this threat from the middleeast.

I say, if you want to know what the government is going to do, watch FOX.

Its so blantantly obvious in the way they twist, over exxaturate and carry on a topic.

You all think its bad reporting, and extreme BIAST, but its simply the government informing you of there plans without directly coming uot and saying it.

By putting it in the news 24/7 for a few months, they are able to comment ' this is what the public wants '
Only because they like toconvince you that the news u hear, is really what the public thinks.

Its quite well done actually, but on the other hand pretty obvious.

I foresee a military buildup and strike across the middleeast before the year is out.

Those stupid American officials, they are playing straight into the Israelis hands.
I bet there sitting back right now, laughing at how simple it was to dangle a carrot in front of a lions face, and to get the lion to follow this carrot in every direction its led.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State."

I think this was said Joseph Goebbels!.....

History us repeating itself America.....God save us...

Peace

Thanks for the heads up djohnsto77...I looked it up but I couldnt find it.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That was not said by Richard M. Nixon, it was said by Joseph Goebbels! :shk:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
New terror attacks in countries currently engaged in the "War on Terror" only serve to disrupt unity and create dissention. Leaders in nations engaged in this battle who receive new terror attacks, like Tony Blair, will be seen as impotent and incompetent for getting them into the battle in the first place. With already unpopular wars that continue today without a forseeable end, the London attack will only continue to create a pessimistic view on the efficacy of the battles being waged and the leaders waging them. The "fly paper" theory is now dead in the water and with it becoming ever more known that Bush and Blair lied their way into wars, this violence simply makes for an even higher cost to a war weary public.

The U.S. has already had several domestic terror events within the last four years. Notably the Anthrax mailings, the Maryland Sniper, and the Smileyface bomber. Yet it appears they weren't high profile enough to cause much dissention. The London attack is high profile enough to create further political setbacks for Tony Blair.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Frith]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
al ciada does exist. crazy conspiracy theorists!

i love the idea that conspiracy theorists are stricken with a disease that makes them turn everything into a conspiracy. that's SOOOO rich!

once you notice the conspiracy, everything IS a conspiracy until PROVEN otherwise.

as a conspiracy history buff, i find this most amusing. conspiracies are REAL. that's why we have a word for it.

this bombing was most certainly carried out by al ciada in order to shore up support and fear. we need EVEN MORE cameras in london, LOL. that will protect us!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Is appears that the explosives used in London were not home grown.

Their conclusions was based upon the size and the damage produced by the explosives.

Now it appear is it military grade plastique or dynamite used for shape charges and such.

The plot thickens, and its pointing more towards an organized effort.
Im betting not Al Qaeda. Just like the man who was killed testifying against
Tony Blair, suddenly dead in his home, theres something rotten in London.

My theory rests, that this is still a bombing to sway public opinion, and that
the world may learn something they dont want to know.
Some things are better off left unsaid. This may be one of them.

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It will probably unite Europe more, UK has released a document last year stating that we wouldn't go to war with Iran. With the UK pulling out its support on the states, America becames a lone force in the middle east.

Something you need to think about, Al Qaeda wants Israel out of Palestine and the UK supports Palestine and gives aid, i cannot see Bin Laden hitting London when we are giving aid to Palestine.

The terrorist who hit the UK were home grown and its a domestic cell who hit us. UK has alot of extremists groups who are terrorist trained.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

The terrorist who hit the UK were home grown and its a domestic cell who hit us. UK has alot of extremists groups who are terrorist trained.

This suggests the 'Al Q in Europe' shadow terrorist, doesn't it?
From what I've read so far, I am unconvinced that Al Q was in any way involved.

Consider the professional planning, unseen terrorists moving through an area placing bombs where a major drill is in effect, military ordinance being used, relatively small #'s of casualties in relation to bomb effectiveness...

Question...who benefits the most as the fall out from Thursdays attack filters through the media? Well, it's the War on Terror that does, apparently.

On the flip side, however, is the notion that Al Q's stated goal is to draw the west into a widening conflict in the Middle East. In that case, it makes perfect sense to wreak Thursdays horrors.

It also makes me think about how war can make strange bedfellows.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Al Qaeda is more then a terrorist group, its an ideaology and most Islamic extremist groups adopt their ideaology and their style of attack, which is worrying.

The group behind the attacks on thursday, carried out a "copy cat" attack and an "israel style" attack.

UK media beleive its an Al Qaeda inspired attack, not Al Qaeda itself

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The group behind the attacks on thursday, carried out a "copy cat" attack and an "israel style" attack.

UK media beleive its an Al Qaeda inspired attack, not Al Qaeda itself

I wouldn't be so sure of that anymore after the revelation that the explosives used were highly sophisticated. I don't think this was a ragtag group of people who cooked this up over a kitchen table.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
Is appears that the explosives used in London were not home grown.

Their conclusions was based upon the size and the damage produced by the explosives.

Now it appear is it military grade plastique or dynamite used for shape charges and such.

The plot thickens, and its pointing more towards an organized effort.
Im betting not Al Qaeda. Just like the man who was killed testifying against
Tony Blair, suddenly dead in his home, theres something rotten in London.

My theory rests, that this is still a bombing to sway public opinion, and that
the world may learn something they dont want to know.
Some things are better off left unsaid. This may be one of them.

Peace

No-one said the explosives were home grown - the terrorists were. They were saying by lunchtime it was C4 type plastique, they even mentioned RDX by name and are now searching interpol to see if any's gone missing

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I keep seeing people who doubt it could be terroists because of the sophistication of the devices used. What do you think these people have been doing for all of these years, if not learing to build explosive devices. Do you really think these people do not learn? That they can't be taught how to build devices that are military grade. That military grade munitions can't be bought off the world's weapons market? Come on now sit back and think about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join