It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Breaking News : Police say "a number" of fatalitys in Edgeware road explosion, wont confirm numbers.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Harlequin, my question exactly...why is the isreali embassy so significant here...

The point of a bombing campaign is to kill and maim, but the death and carnage for me is at a minimum..

But the bombing will draw attention to the middle east plight and the problems of Isreal who will immediatley point the finger at the arab world and call for more help..

Isreal would gain more from a high level bombing campaign from the arabs then the arabs would gain...therefore doesnt it make sense that the ISREALIS plant the bombs...minimum death, maximum publicity and world wide opinion in mass outcry against the islamists.....think about it.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Ready or not IRAN, here it comes.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by owner
I use these buses every day so don't start making theory's just yet, the bent yellow bars you see coming from the roof are extremely strudy steel and the fact that they are bent shows a significant force was used.

Yeah you're right there. It appears they held but it took the roof off. The seats don't look that damaged but it's hard to tell, plus I suppose it depends on the kind of explosive used.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
The point of a bombing campaign is to kill and maim, but the death and carnage for me is at a minimum..

Exactly, this is my problem. It appears the number of deaths is gradually rising but it still wont come near to the toll it could've been, if that was the attackers prime motive. Something's just off for me.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The Bus was a roofless one as used by the tour companies. BBC mentioned that a while back when they interviewed an American Tourist who saw it happen.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Charles Clarke, said on the BBC when he was in the House of Commons that there was 4 explosions. Not 7.

Also there has just been another statement from Blair at Gleneagles, he was flanked by ALL the G8 leaders with Bush and Chirac on his immediate left and right.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Some pictures from London:

www.flickr.com...@N00/pool/

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Thats the image I was describing. (Taken from Count's link above)

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
For those asking why the Israeli embassy was the ony one pre-warned:

Fatal assumption. This is how conspiracies are started.

How do you know who exactly was pre-warned? You will probably never know who was pre-warned.

I've heard that Netanyahu was to attend a meeting to be held in a room above one the explosion sites; he opted to stay in his hotel room. That's all I've HEARD so far.

The same for the early reports of a power surge causing the explosions. Remember, people want IMMEDIATE answers and there are always those who will gladly supply them. They are more often than not wrrong.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
The Bus was a roofless one as used by the tour companies. BBC mentioned that a while back when they interviewed an American Tourist who saw it happen.

the bus was NOT a roofless tourist bus - it was a normal passenger bus. you can see its roof in front of the bus, the yellow destination roll on the front above the window and also no advertising on the sides of the top deck which would tell you it was a tourist bus.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
eek - hitting refresh when your post is just hanging there results in it being posted twice - sorry

[edit on 7-7-2005 by justyc]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Topless buses don't have the support bars the last time I looked, sorry.

external image

These are the best I could find at the moment, crappy pictures but you get the idea.

Edit: skrinked an image back on page

[edit on 7-7-2005 by RANT]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Look at this

Police cleared the area around the Woburn Place bomb in what is believed to have been a preparation before controlled explosions were carried out on the bus.

Scores of people were moved by police through a deserted Russell Square, where scores of buses were parked empty while the police operation continued.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Oh how convenient ... I forgot Bush was there.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
I agree with JUSTYC.
Londons so full of cameras you cant take a leak in the street without someone watching you on cctv. I find it strange though, if its the truth, that the northern line was closed without reason at 07.30 this morning?

An hour BEFORE the bombings.

Why bomb buses when bombing the metro as it enters a tunnel will cause much more carnage and devestation.

The truth is in the cameras - if they work??

And you notice how little Tony Blair said, much less than Bush under the same circumstances..maybe he didnt want to make any errors like Bush.

It's 100 % true mate - could be entirely coincidental but it's a worrying sign

link   

Originally posted by justyc
the bus was NOT a roofless tourist bus - it was a normal passenger bus. you can see its roof in front of the bus, the yellow destination roll on the front above the window and also no advertising on the sides of the top deck which would tell you it was a tourist bus.

Exactly! Plus you don't get the support bars on roofless buses, on those with a roof, otherwise they'd look a bit silly.

link   
the death toll just got changed from 2 to 12, Blair just left the meeting, no more G8 for now.

also, Blairs speach a few minutes ago sounded a little Churchilly like.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Exactly! Plus you don't get the support bars on roofless buses, on those with a roof, otherwise they'd look a bit silly.

Ok, I apologise. Serves me right for listening to the words of an American Tourist

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Bombs go off, the Brits go to the pub!

news.bbc.co.uk...

Blitz spirit is alive & well, only a few bombs they'll not stop London's business or our drinking!!

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join