It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Sky news reporter just stated that the Army in now on the streets in some part of london.

Elf

No mention of that on the BBC. But I wouldn't be surprised if troops and medical services at the various london barracks help the rescue services as part of an overall plan.

Not in London today, but my thoughts and best wishes are with all the worried families.

I must say, though, there looks to be very little in the way of panic and everyone seems fairly calm and professional.

Apparently the Arab sources that monitor Al-Qaida, say that they are most probably responsible. That was also BBC info.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I am not, my concience is clear..

Anyway, the now confirm 2 dead at Edgware Road with up to 90 wounded.... elsewhere is still hazy at the moment.

[edit on 7/7/05 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
2 confirmed dead

Arab sources say this is an al qaeda attack.

link   
6 explosions say the police... but most news networks say 8-9......army is on the streets...
All the explosions are made like a circular scheme...in the map.

link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
BBC World News reported that there are troops in the street.

Sorry, must've missed that bit. Apologies for any inaccuracies in my previous post.

link   
6 explosions alltogether just confirmed by Sky news.

Hundreds of thousands of people walking the streets. One word, chaos.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
CNN just said they saw troops on the roof of a building, but when they turned the camera towards them they disappeared and didn't show up again. No idea who they were. They were reporting 6 explosions in the underground, and at least 1 on a bus.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I'm watching the breaking news on 3 different channels and i've yet to see any military personnel.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'm in london right now................its unbelieveable here !

Seeing it on TV is one thing, being here is another

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
BBC news is now reporting "Arab sources' are claming that this is an al qaeda Attack.

[edit on 7/7/2005 by 300k]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Not surprising if they were dodging the camera. This was a British news crew on CNN International that saw them. I think they said there were three apparent military personnel on a roof, they turned the camera that way, they dropped down where they couldn't be seen, and didn't come back up, and there were reports of more troops coming into other areas.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I've been reading the eyewitness reports on the bbc website:

"I overheard one lady saying to a police officer that it looked like someone had left what looked like a brown jumper on the platform and it exploded."

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I heard that too. I also heard "maximum chaos with minimum casualties", and that makes you wonder. A little unlike 9-11, unless all they were going for the whole time was chaos, and casualties are not relative.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I'm wondering if this is a response to the olymipics being given to London?? IF so, I doubt if they could have thrown it together overnight. So, is it possible that we could have attack teams also ready to go in NY, Paris, Madrid, ect....
since the terrorists wouldn't have known which city would be chosen maybe they covered all the bases and well, the other teams will just take their sweet time now and hit another day?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kasra
2 confirmed dead

Arab sources say this is an al qaeda attack.

Links PLEASE!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I would think that if it was Olympic related they would have hit during the announcement and gone for maximum casualties, instead of maximum chaos. I'm wondering if this is just part one and there's more to come later.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This is nothing to do with the Olympics or G8. Al Qeade have said numerous times that the UK is next....

There will be one more attack i feel

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
Links PLEASE!

Here:

news.bbc.co.uk...
The BBC's Frank Gardner said Arab sources said the blasts were probably the work of al-Qaeda but police have not confirmed a terrorist link.

Too early to know for sure but I can't think who else it would be.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
6 Bombs confirmed, no troops on street, emergency plan in place, no NBC, no evacuation plan Blair speaks @12 (UK) today.

Predicting many dead - over 200 walking wounded transported by bus to hospital. Emergency services seem to coping well

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
TIME LINE OF LONDON BLASTS

(CNN) -- Below is a minute-by-minute timeline of the multiple explosions rocking London. All times are British Standard Time.

10:47 a.m.: Home Secretary Charles Clarke says London blasts cause "terrible injuries"

10:46 Police say serious casualties in London explosions, but no deaths confirmed

10:46 Witness to Britain's Sky News says second blast heard in Tavistock Square.

10:45 Police sources say a bomb is suspected in London bus explosion.

10:33 Police confirm at least three explosions on buses in central London.

10:25 Police confirm explosion on bus in central London in the area around Russell Square.

10:24 Scotland Yard says "multiple explosions" rock London.

10:14 News agencies report a bus has exploded in central London.

09:53 Metronet says the entire London subway network has been shut down.

Police says incidents are reported at the Aldgate station near the Liverpool Street railway terminal, Edgware Road and King's Cross in north London, Old Street in the financial district and Russell Square in central London, near the British Museum.

09:41 London Underground reports a second explosion at a subway station in northwest London.

09:33 Witnesses say London underground says services are suspended after "power surge."

09:27 Metronet, the subway maintenance company, says power surge has caused explosion in London tube station.

09:25 Police say "there are walking wounded" in London's financial district.

09:15 British transport police say a explosion is reported in London's financial district in the area near Liverpool railway station.

I could hear the screams and cry's from where I am

[edit on 7-7-2005 by blackwidow666]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join