It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Explosion Traviscot square,

Als so being that i live in London, My mobile now has no signal.?

leejones- there where earler Explosions underground

JAK

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Sky are reporting that Hounsditch south of Liverpool Street another bomb has gone off.

[edit on 7/7/05 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
This is concerning me, although i'm not in London (I'm in Liverpool atm, working in a shop right above their underground train network).

Surely the G8 protestors wouldn't undertake such a callous terroist act (assuming it is a terrorist attack)? These guys aren't terrorists, they're protestors (some are a little violent and a sandwich or two short of a picnic). Also, i'm not even going to entertain the possibility of the French doing it. I highly doubt it's the IRA.

Being honest, we've no doubt pissed a lot of Countries off recently so here's hoping it's not going to turn into something more serious.

How long would it take before we knew whether they were "dirty bombs" if they even were caused by bombs? I've sent an alert to try and get the story upgraded quicker as it appears to be an important story.

T

link   
Confirmation at 10.56 am that a further bomb thats three confirmed now going off this time in a street.

The police are about to carry out three controlled explosions.

go to

BBC

link for live video feed and the BBC House is only just aound the corner from it all.

link   
I heard the bomb on the buss in Russel Square go off. Considdering I am 5 minutes walking away, and the explotion made my office "shiver", whatever it was, it was BIG.

Reports of casualties accross London.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
one more bomb confirmed on liverpool street

dh

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

Nows the time to round them all up, with or without proof.

The threat of Islamic terrorism on the British mainland MUST NOT BE ACCEPTED OR TOLERATED WITHOUT RETRIBUTION.

You're being taken in big time

This is what the mass murderers in charge of our nations want you to think
Lock people up without charge, all rush to get your ID now
This is so ****ing obvious

IT'S A MURDEROUS SCAM

[edit on 7-7-2005 by dh]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
20 confimed dead on sky news just now, another sad day for mankind.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

my mobile is usless as well. They've just said on the news the mobile networks are all jammed

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
sound like some think big is going on

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   

No sh1t sherlock! Just what though is the million dollar question....Power Surge my arse....

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

JUst catching up on this and I haven't even had coffee yet so don't expect this to make sense. There was a thread few a fdew months ago about EMP devices being used against terrorists so they can't remote detonate bombs. cell phones, radios, even garage door openers and electronic car keys stop working.

I hope it's over and not just the beginning. Keep safe you guys in the UK.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Well dh who is responsable.....

I live in spain and witnessed the Madrid bombings.
Its the same modus operandi.
Rush hour, peak stations, maximum chaos, maximun effect.

Maybe i was a little hasty with mhy earlier comments.
I lived with the bmbing campaigns of the irish in the 70´s and 80´s in london, i dont want to see it again.

If anything i have more respect for the Irish Republican Army then the people responsable for this.
The IRA at least gave coded warnings to give the police time to evacuate the area..and they still gained the maximum exposure and chaos without a death..Theres professionalism for you...But then again they started there bombing campaign in 1886.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
To the above...

Telephony Networks can only carry so many calls. For example, some mobile masts I worked on a few years back would have 10 cards in and each card able to handle 30 calls. If everyone and his dog is trying to call his missus to let her know he's not dead, then you get some people who miss out.

Nothing to do with EMP weapons for gods sake....

JAK

link   

Originally posted by stumason

No sh1t sherlock! ....

I understand emotions may be running high but can we keep it civil please. the Networks are down because this is a big incident and many, many are obviously trying to ring family members.

link   
I've just spoken to my Dad, he was about to get on a train to London at about 9:00 this morning, they stopped him from going in as there was a "major incident."

Can all London based ATSers check in?

It seems that loads of people could be affected by this.

T

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Stockwell station shut due to suspicious package

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
95 views and still no upgrade!! Come on people, vote! This is the TOP STORY for Gods sake!

Hey look at me! Look mommy watch!

Glory hog. Have some compassion, you sound like a politician.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
this is awful news. Someone is giving us an almighty big kick in the teeth right after the feel good atmosphere we had yesterday knowing that we were going to be hosting the olympics.
My thoughts go out to any that may have already lost their lives, and I just hope and pray that the worst is over. All that anyone can do at the moment is ride the storm , and just try to keep as safe as possible.

JAK

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Prime Minister Tony Blair will now be making his statement at 12:00

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join