It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot -- How would you capture one?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
According to this article, the capture of a bigfoot is imminent. They are searching an area in California where the creature is supposed to be. IN my opinion this is nothing less than a money grabbing expedition.

BURLINGAME, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- "The elusive creature known as Bigfoot may not be elusive for very much longer," according to C. Thomas Biscardi, a Bigfoot explorer and founder of the Great American Bigfoot Research Organization.

In the next few days, Biscardi will begin an investigation into a cavernousarea near Happy Camp, California, in which he expects to find evidence of Bigfoot inhabitation and hopefully be able to contain and capture a live creature.

This particular location has been chosen based on two very recent sightingsfrom very credible witnesses. When Biscardi was contacted to follow up on these sightings, his investigation led to finding footprints indicative of a large primate. An account of this investigation is available in an article by Linda Martin datelined June 27, 2005 in the Happy Camp News at www.happycampnews.com.

LINK

Following the link provided in the news article leads to this page, where they claim to have spotted a bigfoot on June 25, 2005.

www.happycampnews.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
There has never been a Bigfoot carcase found. If there ever was then we would know more about them and be able to come up with a good way to catch one.

It's pretty difficult to find any carcasses in the wild.
For example a bear; there's never any carcasses of bears found and a bear is a damned big animal.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Thanks William one Sac for the link.
Actualy I was following that story, but haven't found any followup.
Let me know if you find something .
Thanks superd

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Jumping into a Forum I have never been to before.

Hello Folks...

I know my wife is lurking this Forum a bit, so hi to you honey.

I honestly do not think any Bigfoot creatures are going to be 'trapped'. People have tried, in all sorts of ways, and no one has even come close. If this was a creature that existed in the normal physical way then we would almost certainly have found some physical remains by now.

What have we found? Footprints, impressions is another way to say that. I have always thought that these creatures exist in some fashion that as yet we do not understand. Not very helpful I know, but a serious answer at least.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
on the serious side

have you [ or ANYONE else here ] ever read about an indian legend , about

how little "moons", would come down from the sky , and release the "crazy bears " ! eh ?

my dad related that story to me, but he couldn't remember where he read it.

I've never been able to google anything on it...oh... like which tribe[s] , and was there anything else to the legend.

anyone ?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hi Toasted
I've been reading a lot of native legends lately, and havn't come across
what you mentioned.
Let me know if you find it.
Thanks superd

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Big foot hu! I have caught three of them to date. My method is as follows. 1. Go to central Idaho USA. 2. Don’t bath for two weeks prier to the mission. 3. Go alone. 4. Get at least five miles off a logging road and set up camp on the north side of the mountain. 5. This sounds wrong, but bake a German chock let cake. 6. Set the cake on the ice chest and hide in a tree just above it. 7. The big foot will show up in about twenty minuets. 8. Jump on his back and wrestle him to the ground. This seems harder than it is. 9. Cuff him and take him to your truck. Sometimes I just ride the BF back to the truck. It’s really fun to have a big foot around. I take him to animals at work day every year. He blends right in. Well have fun and remember not to leave your BF in a car with the windows all rolled up in summer time.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
"Make him sleepy"... that's the only way...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Get some tasty food like pizza, put alot of sedatives in it. Leave it out in a Bigfoot inhabitited area(remember to hide in a tree or something) and see what happens.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Brain Page..funny one about the hot car.

Thanks for the laugh.

GW

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
With a really big banana!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Two teams of four men with tranqs and thermal vision. Helicopters with thermal as well would be a good idea. When the critters down, take pictures and video and also do an X-ray, blood sample, hair sample and any other non harmful tests. When you have the proof, stay with him until he starts to wake, then get the hell out of there.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It sounds like a jerk thing to do ..but seeing as no one knows the actual weight of one it would be impossible to give it the right amount of tranquilizers without killing it (too much) or just getting it really stoned (not enough) so I'de have to say Kill one. Indians think its major major bad luck to kill one, but honestly in my opinion its the only way to prove it exists (if a carcass sits in the wild too long scavangers are gonna munch it away) so Ide say a nice assault rifle would do the trick..

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I figure you would have to make friends with one , say make a camp site
close to a sighting, bring lots of food , roast chicken, fish , apples, carrots, strawberries for desert. Just wait for him to show up for dinner.
After the 5th dinner date, bring along a biologist, or some "ist" for proof.
A hidden camera would be good too, plus be wired up with a satilite cel phone with head set to recorded your interaction, live.
Any sponsors to send me up to Norway House Manitoba?
The budget would have to be big to pay for all the food for Mr. Big.
Maybe KFC could be a sponsor.
Sort of a "Gorrillas in the Mist" Revised to Sasquatches in the Dark

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
At night, team in air with thermal imaging on a plane. Team on ground with guns and night vision goggles/scopes. Simple....

If someone was serious, this is THE way to do it....

I would go with that except maybe use stationary hunters (better chance of getting a solid shot than offhand)

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I've read that some people believe they can sense when someone is thinking of harming them, so I don't know if I'd use force. I'd rather just see one and interact with it, I don't know if I'd want something like that captured. We'd ruin their race (if that's what they are).

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Very carefully( in Elmer Fudd's voice ) would be my first reaction. By whatever means I would in no way do it any harm. To the people or person who should ever try and catch one I would hope that they would treat it like they would want to be treated in the same type of situation.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It would have to be a joint effort probably and cost thousands and thousands of dollars.

As far as baiting goes, every bear, dog, cat, and other wild animal will want some, so that would be out.

If you could rent a chopper at night with thermal imaging that might work.

Hunting one or tracking? I wouldnt want to be the one sitting in a tree perch, while it walks by you, smells you, and shakes you out of the tree and who knows what will happen next.

Ive heard and read some pretty strong evidence that these things can shape shift, so that would be out as well.

Maybe that's why one will never ever be caught....just on film.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thanks Scar for the point of view.
Are you from NH?
superd

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Superd;Catching a Bigfoot would be easy.All you need to do is tranquilize one.The question you should be asking is,how do we find one?Ithink the only way we will answer these questions is to have a team of valid scientists band together to do serious research.There obviously is enough evidence to support the probability of its existance.So how come we havent any proof?I believe it is because it is so deeply entrenched into folklore that most scientists will not risk their reputation on such a project.
So,maybe you can try to find answers to that question.How do we find one?

<< 1    3 >>

join