It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patterson lied about being a liar - Convincing new photo!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
so just check this out

The proportions....the size.....everything it says on the pic is weird, not the same at all.......how on earth could they have created this hoax??? im actually asking!

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Sorry but I vote both are hoax's. Im not saying Big Foot doesnt exist but the first pic was taken when the guy went searching for Big Foot. So he faked it. The second pic was taken after shopping at a costume store.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well I vote Patterson couldn't have created a suit in 1967 with this much muscle movement...

Right shoulder blade...

Right hamstring...

And with breasts...

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Phiew, thats a relief. I thought I was the only one noticing those damn big hooters on our fury friend.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I might be mistaken but doesn't a primates arms swing on the same side as the leading leg?You know,right foot forward,right arm forward,left foot forward,left arm forward.And look at the proportions,the arms seem to be wrong,meaning to short for a primate.I vote that they are both hoax's as well.But I could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
who says bigfoot has to have long arms ;o maybe hes the missing link haha.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If you read the original post, you will see that one of the photos is a recreation. READD!!! ARGHH!

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bargaindan
I might be mistaken but doesn't a primates arms swing on the same side as the leading leg?You know,right foot forward,right arm forward,left foot forward,left arm forward.And look at the proportions,the arms seem to be wrong,meaning to short for a primate.I vote that they are both hoax's as well.But I could be wrong.

And this would be universal of ALL primates? You do know that humans are primates.....right? Do we walk like a chimp or gorilla? An unknown species of primate could defy all our logic. Just my 2 cents....too much muscle movement to be a hoax in my opinion. Especially since today with all our special effects, we can't still make a good enough costume to match this one? Have you seen the new Star Wars film.....if so, did the wookies have that much muscle movement?.......NO. Not specifically directed at you bargaindan.

edit: spelling...again argh...lol

[edit on 3-7-2005 by MacMerdin]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I believe the photo on the left is real. I do not believe the crap on tv that says the guy admited it was fake.

The guy musta had babies with it or something and just doesnt want people knowing.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The movement of the "being" on the patterson film is too fluid and natural to be faked...and why go to all the bother of putting fake hooters on the damn thing!!!

Its all to natural to be faked...all the other trys at faking it are just insults.
This short home movie is the only proof we have that man stills exists in his former state,that of GIGANTIPITHICUS, before he changed to homo sapien as we are today.

It should be treated as an amazing and influencial archeological discovery and not the butt of a few weak jokes and piss takes by people with little imagination and even fewer brain cells.

Is it so hard to believe that in the untouched regions of the earth man can still exist in genetically anterior form??
If the CELEOCANTH can still exist 60 million years after the "experts" said it had died a death why cant man equally survive in his former state.
What will it take before some people wke up to the facts that we no very little of the planet and universe we live in.

What would you do one morning if you awoke to find Mr Bigfoot crapping on your lawn and breaking your dog in two with his or her bare hands??
Shout " Hey !! you there, guy in the suit, what the hell did yah do with my newspaper"

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonSUN
Sorry but I vote both are hoax's. Im not saying Big Foot doesnt exist but the first pic was taken when the guy went searching for Big Foot. So he faked it. The second pic was taken after shopping at a costume store.

So he faked it because he was looking for it. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my entire life (no exaggeration).

When I go shopping for a book, I find the book, the books not fake is it?

Heres another one,

A hunter goes into the woods, rifle in hand, looking for bears to shoot, he sees a bear. He shoots said bear. Bear is dead, hunter is chuffed.

So just because this fellow was actually searching for Bigfoot in no way means he faked it. If he was passionate about finding it, he would have not faked it, it completely ruins it for everyone, including himself.

I beleive that they were in the wilderness for about two weeks prior to the sighting, this has been confirmed by friends and family (dont have a link, saw it on an old doccy).

Why would they lug a huge costume round in the hot, sticky weather. Why not do it over a weekend? Because if that thing was simply a suit, it would have weighed a bloody ton, all those muscles and stuff!!

I also beleive that it was not Patterson that admitted it to be a fake, he kept with the beleif that it was real to his death bed. Though I may be wrong here, I am pretty sure I am right. It was the supposed, 'guy in the suit' that 'fessed up' Gimilin (sp?) also said that it was real, and has never admitted it to be a fake.

For all the skeptics out there, look at Jedis post and still think its a fake, or take a gander at the stabilized footage,

Stabilized Footage

One more thing, why did the BBC use a red suit? They siad they were trying to get it as close a spossible, even down to the location, yet they use a red suit!!! Weird.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I never really thought about the muscles. Good point there, it look very convincing...

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
For all the skeptics out there, look at Jedis post and still think its a fake, or take a gander at the stabilized footage,

Stabilized Footage

That is interesting. Nice boots!

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Stabilized Footage

That is interesting. Nice boots!

Good observation, its one that is always being picked up on. If you have a look at pictures of say, chimpanzees feet, they are not the same colour as the rest of the body. They are usually grey or white. Same with gorillas. But it all comes back to the muscles. This footage was taken at the same time Planet of the Apes was out. The costumes in those movies were the best that money could buy.

So how would Patterson get a better one? He couldnt!!!! If someone could produce costumes of that quality at the time, they would be rich. He/She would have got a contract to make them for Hollywood, no question.

I am a firm beleiver of this being 100% real. If someone can prove to me that its fake then fair play. So lets have a challenge, who can give some good evidence that its fake. Because all the facts point to it being real.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonSUN

So he faked it because he was looking for it. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my entire life (no exaggeration).

Wow calm down. I say he faked it because I have met Big Foot. His name is Harry & he looks nothing like either photo.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hmmm. I watched a TV show late last year on the Patterson film. In it, the had a man that claimed to be the guy in the big foot suit. He even demonstrated the walk. His gate matched pretty close to what the patterson film shows.

I think there is enough wilderness in America to support animals we dont know about, but I think the Patterson footage was faked. As stated above, it WAS released during the Planet of the Apes craze tha swept the nation at the time.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Hmmm. I watched a TV show late last year on the Patterson film. In it, the had a man that claimed to be the guy in the big foot suit. He even demonstrated the walk. His gate matched pretty close to what the patterson film shows.

I think there is enough wilderness in America to support animals we dont know about, but I think the Patterson footage was faked. As stated above, it WAS released during the Planet of the Apes craze tha swept the nation at the time.

I saw the same show and I think that guy that claims it is an idiot personally. Me and my mates were watching, and as soon as it finished we found that it is not hard to match Pattys gate. Its pretty darn easy.

If I havnt misread, you are implying that maybe it was an overzealous fan or maybe a publicity stunt for Planet of the Apes. That is absurd. If it was a publicity stunt, they would have used the 'suit' in the movies. If it was a fan, he would get in contact and show them his great suit.

I say he faked it because I have met Big Foot. His name is Harry & he looks nothing like either photo.

Not to be disrespectful, but Harry? So it talks yeah? Could you please post some more info or a drawing or something. Make a seperate thread if you want. I dont beleive you, but I may if you give ALOT more info.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I saw the same show and I think that guy that claims it is an idiot personally. Me and my mates were watching, and as soon as it finished we found that it is not hard to match Pattys gate. Its pretty darn easy.

Yeah, its easy to copy.....If you are 6'10" and 210 lb's, as was the gentelmen on the show I watched. Not to many people like that. Also, his gate measured over a whopping four feet between steps. Im sorry, but I cant copy that and mak it look like the patterson vid and I am 6'2 and 200 lb's. It also wasnt just his steps. It was the arm swing, the back movement, and hip placement. All these things matched to the Patterson video.

If I havnt misread, you are implying that maybe it was an overzealous fan or maybe a publicity stunt for Planet of the Apes. That is absurd. If it was a publicity stunt, they would have used the 'suit' in the movies. If it was a fan, he would get in contact and show them his great suit.

Um.. no on both. I am a HUGE Starwars nut. I have built countless models and other various coustumes and such. I have not ONCE contacted Lucas to see if he likes my stuff

Oh, also, as far as the 'Harry' bigfoot. Do a search on Harry and the Hendersons. You might find it was in reference to a movie.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well back then, people probably got excited about all manner of worthless crap. And if you made a better vrsion of a suit in Star Wars you would be pleases and probably show it to loads of people.

With the gait thing, I can do the arms and the leg movement, but of course I cant do the muscle/hip/shoulder thing.

Theres one thing that points to that guy being a craphead- no suit!! Patterson didnt have the suit, neither did Gimilin and neither did the supposed 'Bigfoot' guy. Now someone must have kept it, they wouldnt throw it away!! And a massive suit isnt paticulary easy to hise away from people.

One more thing, loads of people have claimed to be the guy in the suit, none have any proof except their friends said so.

If you said that you had an alien in your wardrobe, no sane person would beleive ou. Why are you beleiving this guy?

EDIT- If he was referring to Harry and the Hendersons then, grow up.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

I say he faked it because I have met Big Foot. His name is Harry & he looks nothing like either photo.

Not to be disrespectful, but Harry? So it talks yeah? Could you please post some more info or a drawing or something. Make a seperate thread if you want. I dont beleive you, but I may if you give ALOT more info.

His real name isnt Harry, he just went by that name. His name is Kevin Peter Hall. Extremly nice guy, I met him in 1988 when he was a guest celebrity at an evernt I was at. Since then he has passed. I met his wife too & was a fan of hers since a kid, since she was on Seseme Street. Very nice lady also.

The main reason I say its fake is because the video was made to be real. There are very few big foot sighting & if your looking for it & find it. That means you want it too bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join