It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We don't need oil ........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I know that most of you will have already heard of The Disclosure Project but surely somebody like Steven Greer should be at the G8 Summit explaining again to the World Leaders that they don't need oil etc. After all, they have proof (Government documents) to proove this!

Maybe the Asgard off Stargate should appear in front of them and say "Just sort it out or we will intervine".

I think they need a kick up the bum to be open and honest about the technology they have which could solve the energy crisis.

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I have trouble imagining a world without oil. Just for a moment though i'll give it a shot. In a world without oil:

Cheap products made at slave wages by some poor bastard in china would suddenly be gone from the shelves of my local Wal-Mart. Without oil they couldn't ship them here and even if they did the trucks couldn't deliver them without the fuel for their engines.

Foreign wars would no longer be an option since we couldn't send troops by plane or boat and keep them supplied in a true fighting fashion. Without the modern supply lines the modern army would quickly perish.

The skies above would no longer be filled with planes as people rushed from place to place in order to keep the global economy on track. It wouldn't matter though, since the global economy would be just as dead as the planes with no fuel.

Fireplaces would not only make a serious comeback, they would be standard in every dwelling. I suppose it would rekindle the meaning of family as everyone huddled close to the hearth to try and keep from freezing to death.

Bicycles would be much more in demand since a bad ride is a heck of allot better than a good walk.

Yes, I can see a world without oil, and I see it as a generally better place then the one we have now. We'd still have electricity from coal and wind and nuclear power so we'd still have the internet. We just wouldn't have the mobility that makes us such terrible neighbors to each other.

Thats my two nickels on it anyway. Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What I was trying to say was the Government has technology to get rid of fossil fuels and replace them with completely free energy devices.

We would still have all the transportation we need but we wouldn't be poluting our planet and stopping at the local Esso spending £60 (here in the UK) to fill up our cars etc.

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I know what you were saying in your original post, I just went of into a dream. Taking off in a totally irrelevent direction is not a sign of psychosis, it's a gift from the brain fairies. Or atleast thats what I keep telling myself.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

we dont need oil...

I think you are mistaken. Not only do we absolutley need oil to sustain
a 6 billion+ world population but more, when you write you are holding
a pen made from it filled with ink made from it while your child
plays with toys made from it, wearing diapers made from it, later eating
a dinner that was grown in fertilizer made from it, protected by pesticides
made of it, injected with preservative made from it, packaged in it, stored
in a refrigerator lined with it, cleaning up with dish soap made of it, You
walk in shoes made of it on carpet made of it, You are almost certainly
wearing it right now, you brush your teeth with it holding a toothbrush
made of it, Are you starting to get the point?? You sleep in it on a pillow
made of it, Your house is painted with it using a brush made of it, if you
have glasses or contacts you are looking through it, Calling for pizza you
are holding it in your hand. You shave with it, if you are wearinng makeup
it is on your lips. I could go on and on but I'm sure you're starting to get
the point i'm making.

Oil is all around us all the time and is responsible for
our entire way of life. without oil (not just oil but cheap oil) our
lives would/will be quite different indeed.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think that while the technology exists to do just about anything that we now do with oil (that is, oil somehow plays a part in the production of the product), it is just too expensive.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It is possible to reduce or even eliminate our dependence on oil. We need people to be willing to participate in grass roots efforts like this one in order for it to work. I think that if everyone, and yes, that means everyone (even YOU, who are reading this post) made an honest effort to try, we'd all find that it was easier than we thought.

The problem is, Americans are lazy. We could lead the way, but instead, we want all the problems to be solved for us, while we sit back and pay someone to do all the hard work. Why are people driving around in Hummers? It's ridiculous! I hope the oil prices keep going up so that people in America will stop being so pig-headed as to flaunt their wealth by driving the biggest car imagineable even though they don't even need it, while people are starving in the world!

Hmphf!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I could change my mind, you could change your mind, and all active members of ATS could change their mind. It just wont solve the issue. I believe oil consumption is one of those where its just gone too far to solve.

Compare it to an animal species, say wild buffalo on the prairies. Sure they could have used less buffalo or other animals, but they continued to hunt.

At one time they roamed around everywhere. Now where are they?

Oil will not last forever, and like it or not we will use up the next resource too. Maybe not in our lifetimes, but I can gurantee it will happen as long as mankind lives.

top topics

join