It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons, Ghosts, Insanity, or Elaborate Hoax?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hello Everyone. This is my first time posting an original thread on any forum, so please bear with me if this gets a little to wordy or dull.

A friend of mine recently started blogging, and he stumbled across a blog called JD's Space.

www.jdsspace.blogspot.com

I recommend reading this thing from begining to end. It's absolutely fascinating. It starts of like any typical blog does, boring and egocentric. This kid talks about playing video games with his friends, and a new girl he started dating. The girl eventually dumps him, and that's when things get really interesting. He begins to see ghosts and hear strange noises in his apartment. He writes in great detail about what's happening to him, what his feelings are, and he gets advice and support from his fellow blogging friends. I'm not to familiar with blogging, as it's somewhat of a new phenominon to my world.

So things get worse and worse for this kid, until he disappears for a week. He then starts posting again, stating his Mother came to visit him, and found him such a mess, having not left his apartment for days/weeks because he was too terrified. He was hospitalized, and diagnosed with Schizoffective Disorder (I have no idea what that is, but it sounds bad). THey put him on some medication, and he starts to feel better. But sadly, his recovery only lasts for awhile, and soon he is hearing/seeing things all over again. His blog entries get more and more erratic and strange, and he starts refering to some sort of strang ething called "Behalah". I have no idea what that is. Do any of you have any clue?

Then, on June 6th, he posted one last time, and not a word since. The stuff he writes is pretty dang eerie. But while I was reading, I noticed some really, really bizarre messages hidden within the blog entries. For example, his entry from December 31th, 2004. It reads just like a normal journal entry, but I noticed, if you take the first letter from each sentence, it spells the following:

Behalah Behalah

Then he lists 8 New Years Resolutions:

1 - Become the strong person I've always wanted to be.
2 - Expect less from others, more from myself.
3 - Have a real relationship with a female.
4 - Always laugh at a good joke.
5 - Lose 10 pounds (in other words, try excersizing occasionally).
6 - Ask questions about everything (be intested in life and love)
7 - Hope for the best, even when things look bleak.
8 - Bring every holy answer low and hear.

If you take the first letter of the first 7 entries, it spells (yup, you guessed it) Behalah.

Also, the Eighth entry doesn't make much sense at all. Or at least, not in context. But if you take the first letter of each word in the sentence, you get: Behalah

I've only read the thing once, but I'm sure if I went through and started analyzing the thing, there could potentially be more hidden messages. There are also sections written in latin. I don't speak Latin, but I can read a little bit, and it looks like religious writings, perhaps from Catholic Masses or something?

I just thought you all might like to read this thing. It's definitely creepy, and warrants furthur studying. The question is, is this kid really being tormented by Ghosts or Demons. Or is he a victim of a mental disorder? Or is this an extremely elaborate hoax?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Does he mention any drug use in his blog? Does he see these things all the time? One of the ways that Catholic priests would test to see if a person was really possesed was by using tap water on them , claiming it was holy water. If they said it burns, they were looked as false. If they did nothing and used different languages , some of which they had no capacity to learn in such a short time then they were considered for a canidate.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You should read the entire thing for yourself, as I would hate to misquote, or mislead you by my error. But if I remember correctly, he mentions smoking some pot later in the blog, but nothing is mentioned about drugs towards the beginning. I think some people recomended he see a Priest, but there is no mention of him doing so, so we have no way of knowing if the "Holy Water" trick would have worked or not.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well pot isn't really a hallucinogen so I doubt it would cause something of this sort.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Behalah means terror or panic, it is a jewish thing. It's also connected with several periods of excitement in Lithuania and Poland. Jewish parents were concerned and thought that they should marry off their children as soon as possible and some where married around 7 years of age. One of the earliest known Behalah's happened around 1754.

This guy probably does have some bad mental disorder, it might have been sparked from the break up.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
OK, a friend of mine has done some more reading on this blog, and he's found another "hidden" messages.

On January 24th 2005 there is an entry called "My Neck Hurts". If you, again, take the first letter from each sentence, it spells:

Serve Fear

And someone said "Behalah" means fear in hebrew? I did a google search of the word, and found a couple of references to it, meaning Fear, Terror, or Panic.

He also talks about using a Ouija board. I'm sure there have been many discussions about them on this sight, but that could be a possible link?

He also talks about a book about Behalah. That sounds kind of Lovecraftian, is there a H.P. Lovecraft story or book about a being called Behalah? I'm only a little familiar with his writing, and have only heard of Cthulhu and Dagon (thanks to the movie). Has anyone else found anything hidden in the text?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garden Spider
He also talks about a book about Behalah. That sounds kind of Lovecraftian, is there a H.P. Lovecraft story or book about a being called Behalah? I'm only a little familiar with his writing, and have only heard of Cthulhu and Dagon (thanks to the movie). Has anyone else found anything hidden in the text?

No Behalah is not referenced by Lovecraft, as was stated above its a Jewish thing, and from that we can determine the psycho-boy is either Jewish or has studied some Kabalah.

I don't think there is anything more to this story other than that he is psychotic.
He probably has bot blogged for awhile because he's either comitted suicide and succeeded
or has been locked up in a mental instituition.

Demon possession does not exist. Using a Ouija board is dangerous to psychotics because they
believe that they are susceptible to possession, and only psychotics believe that this can happen. Rational, well balanced people would never even concider possession possible.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So if it is a mental disease, or a phsychotic disorder, does that account for the hidden messages? I'm just curious because I've never seen anything like this before. It's really interesting.

However, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss possesion. There are a lot of people here who believe in it. I personally have no experience with it, or anything like it, so I consider myself agnostic in that respect. But I do believe there is more to this world than we know and understand.

Is anyone out there familiar with mental disorders? Could he have been subconciously placing these messages in the text?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Just read the link you posted to his blog, he's mixing latin with some other language, hebrew perhaps.
Munda cor meum omnipotens Behalah calculo mundasti ignito =
To clean cor my all-powerful Behalah pebble mundasti fire

and from the style of his writing, and what he's writing about he's speaking of Azathoth, not the ATS member but the blind idiot god at the center of the universe as described by Lovecraft and others. So he's probably read these stories and it took hold in his defective brain.

From other posts I get a very hard impression that this blog is a hoax by a fan of Lovecraftian horror stories, using the blog medium as many authors have used the "diary" as a plot device in the past. He even mentions the Necronomicon in one post and has his own imaginary book called "the behalah book" which he supposedly can't get rid of.

Here's one of the links he provides to psychoaffective disorder

Still no ghosts, no cults, no demons, its either a case of fiction or insanity.

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Legalizer]

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garden Spider
However, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss possesion. There are a lot of people here who believe in it.

I dismiss these crackers as fast as passing gas. Most of the folks believing in possesion are religious nuts, they are dangerous in that they suggest prayer and religion as a cure all for everything when people really need psychiatric help and rational support system.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hmmm.......maybe you're right, and it is a big hoax. It's just an interesting read that I thought I would bring to everyones attention.

As far as possesion goes though, not everyone who believes in it is a religious fanatic. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, in order for the Catholic Church to do an excorcism, they person has to go through rigorous psychological evaluations to assure that it is not a phsycotic disorder.

But that's neither here nor there. If it is a hoax, it's a really well done one. I guess some people just have too much time on their hands.

Said the guy who spends his free time reading conspiracy theory forums.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think it is a sheer coincidence. However, I'd keep a lookout for other odd things in this guys blog, because if something odd is done more than once, then the chance of it being a coincidence drops.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Very interesting read. I'm leaning towards the opinion that this is just an elaborate work of fiction though.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
only one way to find out...let's ask Behalah herself

not a joke btw.

as for only rational/well balanced people believe posesion is not possible is a joke. i'm a rational and well balanced person and i've excorcised a few people myself. not idiots from a lunacy dorm, but every day people who actually were posessed. just because it doesn't happen as often as people claim, it's still very possible. but only the weak in mind get easily possesed

[edit on 30-6-2005 by Enyalius]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Legalizer you could be right about this guy. I have not read the blog yet but it is possible that he may of read HP Lovecrafts works and then decided to go nuts. But there is true possesion out there, as one faith has reconised it and continues to perform services for it. I don't think its that hard to believe that something could take over another person. It like using a remote control. If you have a universal remote and a regular remote for the tv, you will eventually get conflict from using them (in the case that the universal remote is left on TV setting) I lived in a house that has a few presences for 14 years of my life and I know there is something else other then just dying. But its your own preferences to believe in what you want. Free will isn't it great

-Aza

[edit on 30-6-2005 by Azathoth]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Look ive seen demons and heard them ever since 6 years old without drugs and they are scary...He must be seeing a really powerful one because they can paralize you with fear, Behalah could be like baal or some kind of evil spirit. When you smoke weed like i used to these things come at you in the dark and you get so scared that you freak out and can go crazy if you dont banish them from your house/room/mind. This kid has gone beyond simple possession.

[edit on 30-6-2005 by Wisdumb]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Look ive seen demons and heard them ever since 6 years old without drugs

I would hope a six year old wouldn't be doing drugs.

When you smoke weed like i used to these things come at you in the dark and you get so scared that you freak out and can go crazy if you dont banish them from your house/room/mind.

No, that's just the effects of the marijuana.

A 6 year old has a very imaginative mind, you most likely didn't see demons, or evil spirits, but what you think you saw was simply the result of an overactive mind. I'm by no means saying this guy's story is a fraud, I'm just saying that it looks like a coincidence.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yeah and my dad was too and so was my grandpa my mom and when i sat my sister down to watch them go through the house we had a massive hallucination and when my dads friend laughed and got shown the one in the shed at night and turned white...yeah okay keep telling yourself that.

Lol i quit marijuana and still see them once in a while but tell them to git.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Would you mind rephrazing that in standard English please?

I'm not telling myself anything other than what I believe to be the truth, your story seems to have alot of holes in it, and is very easy to explain away simply with drug use, overactive mind, ect.

Yeah and my dad was too and so was my grandpa my mom and when i sat my sister down to watch them go through the house we had a massive hallucination

Again you admit to seeing them while being under the influence of the drug. Same with your family.

when my dads friend laughed and got shown the one in the shed at night and turned white

Laughed about your hallucination? Being shown what?

Your proving my point for me...thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
No i didnt say anything about a drug i said my dad saw them and i sat with my sister and showed her them at 6 years old when everyone was gone but us. Was implying that everyone has seen demons .

Laugh that demons are real and didnt believe it and when my dad went out back with him and he saw a demon he got scared. Why do you have to play stupid?

I have never hallucinated before and never will and what i said before was sarcasm but you dont do sarcasm.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join