It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Captured on Pic of New York?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Okay THIS is interesting. What's that on the right side of this pic???

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
That WAS in the general area where the weird object was in my pic...

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Well,
Forgive me for not double checking with sky and telecope. com, but I'm 90% sure that's Mars. It's significantly closer (and thus brighter) to earth than it has been since before the beginning of civilization.

Before something is decalred a 'UFO', it must be checked against star charts. In this case I'm being lazy, as I want to read some other posts right now, but over the last few days I've been watching mars and it is VERY BRIGHT. It is also no longer a mere point in the sky... When looking at it through binoculars (and even, to an extent, with the un-aided eye) it is beginning to look like a disk.

Again, this is most likely mars...

I doubt that's mars, Mars is orange-red in color... It could be the space station, or a satellite...

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

HAHAHA! I think it's the moon!

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

I doubt that's mars, Mars is orange-red in color... It could be the space station, or a satellite...

It just looks whitish because of the way the picture was taken. It's mars, though, if you check out the sky charts on the link I provided.

To clarify to others, we're talking about the light next to the moon, not the moon itself.

As for Valhall's thing, I don't remember seeing that in the original picture, but, if you're talking about that blue/white streak near that building, that could be a couple different things. I'll look into it.

TO REPEAT, though: The light we were originally talking about is as Martian as Marvin the Martian. Check the sky charts.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Bandit,
The thing we were originally talking about is positively mars. Check out the sky charts provided in my link. It just looks white because of photographic conditions.

EDIT:I just posted twioce because my original didn't show up.

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
update: It isn't a UFO. It is either a plane or a chopper, like they said. I continued to watch the coverage last night after this post and they had the same coverage of the NY skyline, except video not a still photo. The same white lights were everywhere and I could clearly see the smaller lights blinking on the bright white lights - aka, a jet's lights/landing lights/who knows what

False Alarm,

BTW: No problem mishap.

-WD

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Pretty neat pic, but no UFO's. Chopper, plane, search light, ect. As has been mentioend a UFO in a blacked out city would have been seen by a hell of alot of people.

Could also have been some sort of patrol craft too, with NORAD dispatching a #load of flights over the northeast.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Isee it it is a big spaceship

HAHAHA! I think it's the moon!

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Fester,
Please, you don't have to repeat the entire post you're quoting.
Again, to clarify this non-UFO for the millionth time, the original poster was not talking about the moon, but the large glowing light in the sky to the right of it. This light turns out to be mars.
The second ufo we were talking about was the light Val pointed out near that one building, which turns out to have been one of many airplanes.

NO ONE ever thought the moon was aUFO.. 'haha'.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I still think that is an eerie picture-- knowing that just a couple of years ago those people in the pic would have been seeing the WTC.

BTW- isn't the UN building where that light is coming from? Hmmmm.

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by TheyWatchYouToo]

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Message to TheyWatchYouToo -

Is your signature quoting "The Specials"?

Yeah, sorry, I know it's off topic...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoogans
Message to TheyWatchYouToo -

Is your signature quoting "The Specials"?

Yeah, sorry, I know it's off topic...

No- the movie Spiderman....

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
"Spiderman" being the worst move in recent history... next to "The Hulk" of course.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven
"Spiderman" being the worst move in recent history... next to "The Hulk" of course.

I didn't think the Hulk was that bad.. it did have Jennifer Conolly in it ....

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I live in New York and watched the skies intently that night for any UFO activity, and there was none. The light in the picture posted is indeed Mars.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If there was no caption explaining the light, the picture was made to fool people.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have taken pictures of the moon, and of an unknown planet or something big that I saw through a telescope......to the naked eye it looked like a bright bright star, like mars, through the telescope I could see the shadow of what I assume was a moon of some sort.

Annnnnyway, back to the point, in both cases all the pictures came back as fuzzy white clouds rather than the moon/star. So, thats what my guess would be, that light in the sky is just a star/planet, as has been mentioned, probably mars.

But why do pictures of the moon and such always come back as white fuzz?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
why do pictures of the moon and such always come back as white fuzz?

They shouldn't, I guess, if the camera exposure is correct. But in this case the light clearly is overexposed. That's an important reason why you can't see what it depicts.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
hmm mars... thats interesting, every night I see a bright yellow star.. but much brighter than the rest, I sit and wonder if it's a planet but I am not very good when it comes to astronomy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join