It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atomic warfare in India 8000 years ago?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
The first nuclear explosion on Earth took place in 1945 in New Mexico at the climax of the Manhatten project.

Until then the atom had not been split.
There is not a single relic that suggests there has been. Only some legends and nonsense peddled by liars and those who havent looked into the matter enough yet.

I agree with you but I wonder why Dr Oppenheimer does not agree with us.

Robert Oppenheimer (of the Manhattan
Project) as answering an inquiry from a student at Rochester
University thus:

Student: Was the bomb exploded at Alamogordo during the Manhattan
Project the first one to be detonated?

Dr. Oppenheimer: Well -- yes. In modern times, of course.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here is some text i came accross, seems like many other countries have similar atomic blast zones. I wonder if we were advanced as we were in the 1950's thousands of years ago but we had a nuclear world war and nearly destroyed the human race. Could we have been going in cycles over and over again, maybe each time we get a little further. It could be an alien experiment to see how many times it takes for us to chill out. This is really interesting because it isn't an easy task to build and think up the atomic bomb.
----------------------------------------
Until the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, modern mankind could not imagine any weapon as horrible and devastating as those described in the ancient Indian texts. Yet they very accurately described the effects of an atomic explosion. Radioactive poisoning will make hair and nails fall out. Immersing oneself in water gives some respite, though it is not a cure.

When excavations of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro reached the street level, they discovered skeletons scattered about the cities, many holding hands and sprawling in the streets as if some instant, horrible doom had taken place. People were just lying, unburied, in the streets of the city. And these skeletons are thousands of years old, even by traditional archaeological standards. What could cause such a thing? Why did the bodies not decay or get eaten by wild animals? Furthermore, there is no apparent cause of a physically violent death.

These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on par with those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal. Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude. One such city, found between the Ganges and the mountains of Rajmahal, seems to have been subjected to intense heat. Huge masses of walls and foundations of the ancient city are fused together, literally vitrified! And since there is no indication of a volcanic eruption at Mohenjo-Daro or at the other cities, the intense heat to melt clay vessels can only be explained by an atomic blast or some other unknown weapon. The cities were wiped out entirely.

While the skeletons have been carbon-dated to 2500 BC, we must keep in mind that carbon-dating involves measuring the amount of radiation left. When atomic explosions are involved, that makes then seem much younger.

Interestingly, Manhattan Project chief scientist Dr J. Robert Oppenheimer was known to be familiar with ancient Sanskrit literature. In an interview conducted after he watched the first atomic test, he quoted from the Bhagavad Gita: "'Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.' I suppose we all felt that way." When asked in an interview at Rochester University seven years after the Alamogordo nuclear test whether that was the first atomic bomb ever to be detonated, his reply was, "Well, yes, in modern history."

Ancient cities whose brick and stonewalls have literally been vitrified, that is, fused together, can be found in India, Ireland, Scotland, France, Turkey and other places. There is no logical explanation for the vitrification of stone forts and cities, except from an atomic blast.

Another curious sign of an ancient nuclear war in India is a giant crater near Bombay. The nearly circular 2,154-metre-diameter Lonar crater, located 400 kilometres northeast of Bombay and aged at less than 50,000 years old, could be related to nuclear warfare of antiquity. No trace of any meteoric material, etc., has been found at the site or in the vicinity, and this is the world's only known "impact" crater in basalt. Indications of great shock (from a pressure exceeding 600,000 atmospheres) and intense, abrupt heat (indicated by basalt glass spherules) can be ascertained from the site.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
NinjaCodeMonkey - But where does that text come from? For all we know it could be completely made up from begining to end. It might even be lifted from a novel. No sources are referenced in any of it. For example we keep hearing about "the most radiated skeletons ever found" - were they? Which skeletons? Who discovered them? Where are the scientific papers? I've seen about 5 different places where they meant to have been found.

This whole ancient nuclear war thing seems to be pure urban legend, and like urban legends there appears to be several different versions of it which are often contradictory.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divya

University thus:

But is this just not part of the urban legend itself? Sometimes this statement is said to be a part of an interview and sometimes as an answer to a students question. If it is the latter then who recorded this answer? If it is the interview then it should be published - which publication?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey

When excavations of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro reached the street level, they discovered skeletons scattered about the cities, many holding hands and sprawling in the streets as if some instant, horrible doom had taken place. People were just lying, unburied, in the streets of the city. And these skeletons are thousands of years old, even by traditional archaeological standards. What could cause such a thing? Why did the bodies not decay or get eaten by wild animals? Furthermore, there is no apparent cause of a physically violent death.

And, with no other evidence whatsoever, it's concluded they must have died from an nuclear explosion..........

Actually, it seems they may not even have been original inhabitants of the town, but rather squatters who moved in after Mohenjo Daro had been abandoned...

Thirty-seven skeletons found in a state of unplanned interment at Mohenjo Daro were put forth as evidence of a massacre at the hands of the Aryans (Wheeler 1968). Dales and others have since pointed out that the stratigraphic location of these skeletons in the residential area, rather than in the "citadel," and in levels of post-site abandonment, indicate that the "victims" were Post Harappan squatters. A full seven feet of debris separated the "victims" and the true Harappan occupation levels (Dales 1964). More conclusively, detailed skeletal analysis has shown that the "victims" were biologically different from true Harappans.

www.adventurecorps.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divya

University thus:

Well, I've got to ask where that came from (if it's true, as others have pointed out)... and the second thing I have to ask is whether there are any other Oppenheimer statements about their being atomic weapons in other time periods.

I don't think there are, but I could be wrong. But I sure haven't seen any.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I suppose part of the appeal of such a thread is that homo-sapiens asa species suffer from short-term memory loss and as they are currently scampering about their new high-rise huts on this planet in this present millenium, have little access to the wisdom and knowledge of events past.
We cannot access the local library microfilm depicting the NY TIMES front page for One Million BC (seeking pix of Raquel).

Nuclear energy was not invented by modern man. It was harnessed, the good and evil uses clearly evident in the last century (still available in print I believe)

Mother Nature... which patiently awaits our passage into oblivion, whereupon she will resume her pleasant Galactic voyage, has been impacted by and generated her own nuclear events.

The most prominent example I can offer is the Tunguska explosion of 1908 in Siberia, levelling pristine forestlands with an uncanny similarity to that of our impressive imitation at Hiroshima some 37 years later. Such natural events have happened before and will again.

Witnessing such events possibly in the past has inspired the more prosaic amongst us to jot down our thoughts on rocks, bark, papyrus.... whatever was at hand at the time. The descriptions tended to be rather complimentary of how our favorite ruler of the day (no bumper stickers being available) had initiated such an event to smite his foe... or bring the long awaited rains........or fertilize our favorite concubine..... or start a worldwide flood............ or raze the walls of our enemies........ stop the sun in it orbit..............or keep Dems from voting for Kerry.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The Tunganuska explosion came from outer space, and left no increase in radiation. Wheter it was a metoer, a mini black hole, a pocket of anti matter or a good old spaceship remains to be seen!

There really is nothing that suggests that an atom has split on Earth until '45.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Interestingly enough, "The Mahabharata text" actually doesn't exist. You can go read The Mahabharata for yourself.

(edited to add that they DID have writing in India in 6,000 BC and again, there's nothing about atomic warfare or anything that sounded like it in the writings.)

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Byrd]

Sure the Maharharata exist, you can buy it on amazon.com. I am reading it now. And it *does* tell of a weapon that can be compared to a nuclear weapon, but its not called a nuclear weapon if that is what you meant. Read this excellent source on it if you don't want to buy the book itself:'

www.atributetohinduism.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
As promised. Here is a detailed explanation of a "divine weapon" from the Ramayana signifying the importance of "Tejas" (fiery energy)in almost all of the ancient texts from vedic culture. Straight from the source without any misinterpretations(aka Berlitz).
"Thereupon, reminded by the command of Matali. Rama siezed an arrow that blazed and hissed like a serpent. The divine rishi (sage) Agastya, who was powerful in battle, had previously bestowed it upon him, and that great and unfailing shaft had been given to Agastya by Bramha. It was originally constructed by Bramha, for the use of Indra(king of the gods) who desired to conquer the 3 worlds.
The wind was in its feathers and the sun and fire in its point. The shaft was made of ether and its weight was equivalent to the two mountains [Meru-Mt Kailash of today and Mandara].The feathers blazed with beauty and it was adorned with gold.It was made from the tejas of all the elements and was brilliant as the sun. Blazing like the Fire Of Time enveloped in smoke, like a poisonous snake, it tore apart hosts of men, elephants, and horses and was quick to act. Capable of tearing asunder gateways, iron bars, and even mountains, its body was smeared with copious amounts of blood, and coated with fat:it was truly horrific. Like the Vajra in essence, and loud sounding, capable of destroying various armies, being terrible it horrified all, and hissed like a serpent...All creatures were terrified and the earth shook when that supreme arrow was laid upon the bow [a weapons delivery system, not exactly your standard bow] by Rama. "
(Ramayana.6.108.3-10, 15-20)

Another instance of a divine weapon..the most popular one akin to it being a heat oriented weapon of sorts.The Bramhastra.What happens when the above mentioned unknown divine weapon is united with the Bramhastra.
"Thereupon , Rama released that fierce arrow, which posessed unequalled energy, like an upraised Brahmanical staff, and was to destroy Ravana. Enveloped in a fiercely blazing fire, the best of the Ravana's army was burnt by it, together with their chariots, horses and charioteers.The five elements departed from Ravana, for he was cast down in all the worlds by the energy of the Bramhastra. The physical elements of his body, even his flesh and blood were consumed by the fire of the weapon until they dissapeared, not even the ashes could be seen."
(Recitation of Ravanas death- Mahabharata.3.274.27-31)

If anything at all we should be referring to actual passages from the texts instead of a bizarre cooked up version by Berlitz in his books. Those statements he made about nuclear war in the Mahabharata are totally fraudulent and have been proved so.
The above verses are some of the best examples on the use of energy related divine weapons in the Mahabharata and the Ramayana.
A very special thanks to Jarrod Whittaker of Univ of Canterbury for his thesis on Divine Weapons and the use of fiery energy in the Mahabharata and Ramayana.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Actually Nuclear Fission can occur naturaly on earth....

www.ocrwm.doe.gov...

Nature can creat its own reactors and split atoms....

in all acutality the 1945 Mahattan project was not the first nuclear fission reacton to be detonated on the planet earth.

Mother earth has been doing it for a long time.

www.livescience.com...

[edit on 15-7-2005 by Mizar]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Erm Well I did hear about a legend of another continent in the pacific sinking due to a catastrophe such as that...it was called Lemuria.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Mahabarata or something on those lines, talks of the "blast with the power of the Universe...", and apparantly there are walls fused together, forgot the exact word but it means fused, and this is only meant to be done due to atomic blasts.

Im not gonna say all this is fake because I dont know, and I dont think anyone else can say its bull# because they dont know. All I know is that stuff like this has been written about many many years ago, before we knew about the atom bomb, and that means its a possibility that around india they had this technology and advanced craft like saucers.

People can disclaim it because they dont believe it, well I can say that I cant believe people think blowing themselves up is for a good cause, but it happens...what Im trying to say is, that just because you dont believe it doesnt meen it didnt happen!

Rrrrrrrant

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
H.G Wells, writing in the late 19th century wrote a novel called The World Set Free. In this book he talked about nuclear weapons.

By the logic of several people here there must have been nukes in Victorian England, since it was written in a story.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
H.G Wells, writing in the late 19th century wrote a novel called The World Set Free. In this book he talked about nuclear weapons.

By the logic of several people here there must have been nukes in Victorian England, since it was written in a story.

Thats an excellent point, Uncle Joe! But I would still suggest that such a weapon was easier to imagine in the 19th century than 4,000 years before the birth of Christ as they had some weapon technologies availible at that time when H.G Wells was alive.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by anorwegianguy1972]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
However the Mahabarata doesn't actually mention nuclear weapons, nuclear fission or any supporting technology that would be required to create a nuclear weapon. It talks about an explosion that could be interepreted as nuclear, but could just as easily be interpreted as something supernatural.

Nuclear weapons don't simply come into existance on their own. For a start they need nuclear power stations to produce the fissile material, and nuclear power stations require an enormous technical infrastructure before they can be built. There must be literally millions of bits of technology and scientific theory that must be in place before a nuclear weapon can be produced.

We have found no evidence that past civilisations possed any of this technology or theory. If we had a nuclear holocust now we would leave evidence of our existance everywhere - why didn't this past civilisation? Were their weapons so "advanced" that they turned everything (apart from the Mahabarata) to dust?

On that point - how come a few ancient stories somehow made it through the nuclear war, but not one single scientific text or piece of technology?

If the Mahabarata contained some sophisticated mathematics or advanced engineering knowledge I would sit up and go "wow maybe there is something in this theory". But it doesn't, so I don't.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If i recall correctly.. i have heard of a blast / nuclear weapon testing in the desert land of Rajasthan (which caused some harm)..but ofcuz tht wasnt so long back as 8000 yrs..!!Heard bout it in the 90's

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Jonathun Gray an archaeologists has written work and presented documents on his belifes that civilisation was once thriving with technological advancements better than our today.

One claim is....the whole earth was an electronic power web....He claimes that our ancient ancestors form before the period of the great flood tapped into the earths natural electromagnetic fields by placing pillers all over the planet and digging down into the ground placing metal reactors. Laylines where also involved. He said the people where also highly advanced in astronomy as it was a need to know baises....apparently when there are eclipses the earths natural generator would collapse so they had to be fully prepared to utilise other resources temporerily.

Pyramids all over earth where cleverly enlined using mathematical measurments and there is too much evidance for this to be a co-incidence. Pyramids are still the most soundly built structures in the world and who built them, not modern day man but ancient civilizations of whom we do not know! Modern day man has tried to replicate pyramids with modern technology and have failied misserably, including using thousands of men to shift a bit 6ooo tone rock, it didn't work with pullies ropes etc even with modern mechinery we did not achive this.

We have definatly gone backwards and have not progressed forwards otherwise we would have built something more spectaculer than the great pyramids by now.

I feel the earth electric web idea is one that would work and we are close to cracking this ourselves scientists are trying to figure out how it was done as we speak.

Most info has come from the "dead mans Secrets" written by Jonathun Gray. it is $27 or £14 and well worth it. It wont be just ancient nuclear war you will be woundering about belive me, he has so much supporting evidance of ancient civilisations more technically advanced then we today.

Freaky or what!

Evidance of such pillers can be found in some countries today, one being France.

If you go to my thread you can read more there is evidance to suggest the Chinese had mapped the Great Canyon in 2250BC more accuratly than the American modern millitery who missed a section off there map and copied it from the ancient chinese to include in their modern day map.

The only thing is, the ancient Chinese would have needed modern technology such as measuring longitude and latitude requireing modern matematics and advanced geodetic instruments. knowledge of Cartogrophy was nessacery. They would also have had to no spherical trigonometory. They knew the exact measurments of Earth and they knew it was round. This can not be explained logiccally.

Someone said she felt a life cycle goes round and round and each time we end up using weapons of mass destruction and then civilization starts all over again. I am in agreement because of the tremendous gaps in time lines, over 4 million years, cycles such as this are plausable.

There are artifacts that are MISPLACED and don't fit with todays knowledge of history which is obviously not correct but people try to find explinations to make things fit rather than admit they where wrong! Or people cant be bothered re-writting the history books. Also there is religious propagander and political issues that prevent such evidance being released. Someone else has already mentioned the Vaticin and super powers and secret societies etc here.

Too many things dont add up, and leave more questions instead of finding plausable answers to satisfy.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hmm.

Interesting, any proof beyond one mans book?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Do you have a link or a scanned copy for the 1992 "World Island Review"?

Also, the link you provide doesn't work.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join