It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atomic warfare in India 8000 years ago?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate
Cant comment on the validity of the OP
but ancient Egyptians had working batteries...

who knows what time has taken away from us.who knows how many times something from the sky "reset the clock"

They did? Please show your proof then....if you are thinking of the Bagdad batteries - there were from Mesopotamia and were made well after the height of the AE culture.

who knows what time has taken away from us.who knows how many times something from the sky "reset the clock"

Because cultures leave archaeological traces - especially ones with a technology that could build an infrastructure that could support the construction of a nuclear bomb and a delivery system

what about the worldwide ash layer.

Which one?
edit on 4/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TamtammyMacx
The first time I read about this was in a book written in 1953 by George Adamski and Desmon Leslie. Flying Sausers Have Landed. Talked about flying crafts the Vimanas and the weapon called the Agneya, and the Brahma Weapon or Indra's Dart. It talks about a passage in the Mahabharata about 3000 years ago and an account in the Mausala Parva written 10000 years ago that was similar. Interesting read.

While true that several Vedic texts mention very interesting things, I am amused by your suggestion that the Mausala Parva, which is book 16 of the Mahabharata, is 10,000 years old. Even moreso by the suggestion from you that something in the Mausala Parva could be used to verify something in the Mahabharata ( given the Mausala Parva is part of that same book, this claim is sort of sophomoric.)

Lastly, nobody was writing anything in any language 10,000 years ago.

Harte

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Harte

That you know of.....

The work of Quentin D. Atkinson suggest that the origins of modern language developed some 60,000 years ago.

The oldest cave drawings discovered are some 20,000 years old and evidence of crude written symbols have been found on clay tokens some 10,000 years old.

The point is that just because it hasn't been discovered yet doesn't mean that it did not exist.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
love ATS......F N LOVE YA........

This is such a huge subject......it boggles the mind.....where to begin.....wow....it still gets you.....

where is that world now.....nothing goes away entirely.....where in our world could what's left of that world still exist amongst us...

Where is the kingship of old now....where do we see the trades of old being practiced.....where do you find the source of all things hidden leading you.....ORIGIN.....the human story unedited.....frack......

Our magic revealed...our knowledge discovered....our future meeting our past....the cycle so clear....civilizations like people growing, dying, moving this way and that upon the earth like scared ants under the rain....

through it all we as a SPECIES.......forever EARTH......our world....US....not some alien claim to our existence...
our existence as a family from tough beginnings suffering hardships always imposed.....yet we still know of love and peace....after all that.....so much time....so much wrong....yet there it is as clear as the day we first tasted the "Correct"

I hope we dont have that sort of destruction imposed upon us.....again...and again....and again....like the reset button /launch button is stuck with gum.....from the last time....humanities comedy.....forever lol

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Harte

That you know of.....

The work of Quentin D. Atkinson suggest that the origins of modern language developed some 60,000 years ago.

The oldest cave drawings discovered are some 20,000 years old and evidence of crude written symbols have been found on clay tokens some 10,000 years old.

The point is that just because it hasn't been discovered yet doesn't mean that it did not exist.

Please try to remain aware that the poster claimed part of the Mahabharata was written in Sanskrit 10,000 ybp.

That is not a statement about the development of language, is it?

Will you now make the claim that written language originated 10,000 ybp?

I didn't think so.

Harte

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Think again....

I was addressing the statement that I quoted from you and make no claims. However, smug archeologists seem to think they've dug it ALL up, yet most have never donned scuba gear.

Your "end all, be all" attitude is entertaining to say the least but contrary to your own opinion, your word is not the final say on anything, not one thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Think again....

I was addressing the statement that I quoted from you and make no claims. However, smug archeologists seem to think they've dug it ALL up, yet most have never donned scuba gear.

Your "end all, be all" attitude is entertaining to say the least but contrary to your own opinion, your word is not the final say on anything, not one thing.

So, the Mahabharata was written 10,000 ybp? In Sanskrit, 10,000 years ago?

So, it is acceptable to state that part of the Mahabharata can be used to verify another part of the same book?

My word may not be the final say, but we are still waiting for your words to say something.

Harte

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Think again....

So, the Mahabharata was written 10,000 ybp? In Sanskrit, 10,000 years ago?

So, it is acceptable to state that part of the Mahabharata can be used to verify another part of the same book?

My word may not be the final say, but we are still waiting for your words to say something.

Harte

Try to understand the words I am typing please. At no point did I say Mahabharata was written 10,000 years ago. What I said was; You do not know if written language was around 10,000 years ago or not. Your opinion is not the final say on anything, inspite of what you may believe.

Also, if you care to leave out the smart ass comments, I might take you more seriously.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Think again....

I've never met an archaeologist anywhere in the world in the 42 years I've been associated with archaeology who would make the statement you 'seem' to put into their mouth above. They know very well that not everything has been dug up, much less than 1% of the world has been scientifically excavated. We base our conclusion on what we presently have and know, as new information is found that position is changed. So in the future Blarneystoner stop making up stuff - it makes you look silly.

edit on 5/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

reply to post by Harte

Think again....

I've never met an archaeologist anywhere in the world in the 42 years I've been associated with archaeology who would make the statement you 'seem' to put into their mouth above. They know very well that not everything has been dug up, much less than 1% of the world has been scientifically excavated. We base our conclusion on what we presently have and know, as new information is found that position is changed. So in the future Blarneystoner stop making up stuff - it makes you look silly.

edit on 5/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

Who's making stuff up? Are you a smug archeologist? If not, than the statement doesn't apply to you does it?

You guys don't seem to understand that I was addressing a specific statement made by Harte, nothing more. STOP reading more into it than there is.

Harte made the statement: "Lastly, nobody was writing anything in any language 10,000 years ago."

I disagree and said that there is no way of knowing that is certain.

If you can't comprehend that than I don't know what to say.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Harte made the statement: "Lastly, nobody was writing anything in any language 10,000 years ago."

Harte is correct based on the information we now have. People were not writing in in 8k BCE that we know of. There have been found marks and counting stick, use of counters and other items. However these a language do not make. The Kish tablet is the earliest recognized writing.

We may at some point find evidence of a written language in the future from before that but at present there is no evidence of it.

....and yes your statement was wrong

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Harte is correct based on the information we now have. People were not writing in in 8k BCE that we know of. There have been found marks and counting stick, use of counters and other items. However these a language do not make. The Kish tablet is the earliest recognized writing.

We may at some point find evidence of a written language in the future from before that but at present there is no evidence of it.

....and yes your statement was wrong

No it wasn't.... I said there is no way of knowing for sure. How is that wrong? If you can't wrap your head around it, that's not my problem.

It seems to me that you guys need to brush up...

Dispillo Tablet: 5260 BC

Tartaria Tablet: 5300 BC

edit on 6-1-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

No it wasn't.... I said there is no way of knowing for sure. How is that wrong? If you can't wrap your head around it, that's not my problem.

Have a lovely day....

In science you go with what is presently known. What is presently known is that there was no written language 10k years ago. In the future we may find evidence that this is incorrect but at present that is consensus.

wink

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
60,000 year old eggs shells display symbolic comunication

Until recently, the first consistent evidence of symbolic communication came from the geometric shapes that appear alongside rock art all over the world, which date to 40,000 years ago (New Scientist, 20 February, p 30). Older finds, like the 75,000-year-old engraved ochre chunks from the Blombos cave in South Africa, have mostly been one-offs and difficult to tell apart from meaningless doodles.

The engraved ostrich eggshells may change that. Since 1999, Pierre-Jean Texier of the University of Bordeaux, France, and his colleagues have uncovered 270 fragments of shell at the Diepkloof Rock Shelter in the Western Cape, South Africa.

They show the same symbols

Oldest writing found on 60000 year old eggshells

Science!
edit on 6-1-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
In your linked article, there's a reason the word "writing" has those quotation marks.

Because it's not writing, that's why.

Nobody has made any claim here about when communication between humans began. Only written language.

BTW, I noticed you left off the quotation marks in your url. That's improper gramatically and possibly dishonest.

GRAMMAR!

Harte
edit on 1/6/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I knew one of you would come back and say "it's not writing"... it's just symbols that represent ideas, not words. Whatever.... you didn't know about it did you? I didn't think so....

Grammer.... nit picky "Archeologist"

At least your "tone" has changed a wee bit....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

I knew one of you would come back and say "it's not writing"... it's just symbols that represent ideas, not words. Whatever.... you didn't know about it did you? I didn't think so....

Grammer.... nit picky "Archeologist"

At least your "tone" has changed a wee bit....

Gentleman may I suggest we start a thread on this interesting subject. We seem to have two questions here

1. At what point do marking become a written language

2. Under what criteria are these marking granted the mantle of 'communication' instead of scribbles, artwork or doodling

Blarney would you like to start the thread?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I agree, It IS an interesting topic. One that I think needs exploring in a detailed manner.

In the link I posted about the egg shells with characters carved into them, they state that the symbols seem to be a form of writing because some of the symbols are repeated on some of the examples; some 270 odd fragments.

If it's true that those egg shells represent an early form of writing, some will have to rethink and/or rewrite what we know of ancient man. If man was writing as far back as 60,000 years ago, there may indeed be lost civilizations who had advanced technologies.... but we'll never know for sure.

I suppose I could start a thread on the topic but will need to research it a bit more.... thanks for the suggestion.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Think again.

I read a lot of stuff at this site, including many of your own posts (bet you didn't know that!
)

Harte

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I know you know... that I know....

Interesting stuff eh? At the very least.. this thread has uncovered new reading material for me.

Have a good one Mr. Harte....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join