It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP related to NY blackout?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I used to work in a control room of a chemical plant in the UK and had regular contact with our own on site power plant that produces electricity, steam and clean water all in one.

Some basic stuff I learnt while talking to the staff during my time there were as follows:

If the factory was going to do something major like start up an entire manufacturing line and associated services they needed warning, quite a bit too to begin generating steam which in turn is used to make the required electricity. They would typically ask me for one hours notice at least and preferably three hours notice of anything dramatic so they can prepare for us. If I did not and forgot (as I often did) they would phone me complaining that Im sucking the life out of them and affecting their other users of their power. Apparently it was all shared out.

Likewise, if I shutdown in an emergency (exotherm for example) I would get equally irrate phonecalls because they are making massive amounts of steam which is suddenly not needed and has to be released somewhere either in a controlled manner or through relief valves. Also the boilers have to be ramped down to stop the boil. The staff told me it is not easy or preferable to shut something down in such a manner - it is a shock to the plant system and can break things and is dangerous. Things are done nice and slowly in those places.

Power is billed out to the distributer as demand dictates. So at busy times like in the morning when everyone wakes up and boils the hot water for example, a powerstation is contracted to provide X amount of power. They have to produce the exact amount that is needed. Too much and it costs the powerstation money because they exceed the demand and the distributer is not contracted to pay, too little and they fall foul of their contracted amount and run the risk of penalties. They also have to accomadate dips and other peaks in the day. Everything is planned in advance. Somebody can't just flick a switch.

The plant I worked in was built in the late 90's and was all computer controlled. Not state of art but a mixture of old and new. Computers could never replace all mechanical parts so two things really; the computer control network was self contained and not connected to the outside world to prevent unauthorised access and also you have to close things down physically and purposefully to stop the plant working. Things don't just sit there because it isn't safe. If something happens you have to start up quickly (very quickly) to avoid massive blips or you stay shut down and do it in a controlled manner.

People nearby to the powerplant where I was could hear the bangs and pops of emergency shutdowns, see the clouds of steam and smell the weird smells from the boilers. They used to complain to the company and the local press.

So what I am getting at is:

Were the US plants ready for what happened? Has the staff or local folk said anything to local papers?

Did the plants try to start back up immediately and keep trying or did they go for full safety shutdown?

Around those plants did it seem unusual - smells/large clouds of steam etc. If it was a clear nights you could see it for miles indicating quick shut downs? No steam clouds means no suprise.

An entire power grid cannot be turned off. It is a joint thing. There is no master switch I am aware of. Things have to be turned off in an orderly and purposeful manner throughout the grid.

Legal action will sure follow this due to the many various contracts involved in the distributin of power. Who wins what with what case/defence will be interesting to see.

If I did not warn the powerplant I was starting up a line they complained I sucked all their energy away. Did something big start up out of the normal without warning that used a massive amount of energy creating a spike and a resultant void in the power supply like the plant I worked in often did?

Just a few things I thought of when reading this thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
rense.com...

Here you go.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
www.newsday.com...

Hmmmm????!!! I wonder why no one is questioning the the media blackout?

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What the heck? Somethine is seriously wrong. One more power outage like that and I'm building a friggin bunker and getting a generator, some guns and a LOT of ammo. This is getting freaky.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Malta went down. I have no idea where this is.

www.timesofmalta.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well, HAARP has been rather active today....

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Not in the least. HAARP is up to something...

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Winston...

It's in a place called Mosta... wherever that is. Mosta what?

Foreign place names make me laugh.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bariumblues
[font=Impact]HAARP Blackout www.bariumblues.com...[/font] Text Yellow HAARP Blackout www.bariumblues.com...this. -- Lydia

Welcome to ATS. If I am assuming correctly that you are the author of the bariumblues webpage, could you tell us how you received this information?

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Re Posts #s 170744 & 170971:

Ref. Post # 170974, made additionally relevant here.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Re Posts #s 170744 & 170971:

Ref. Post # 170974, made additionally relevant here.

LOL, took me a sec but I found it. Lets hope they are ready.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
"HAARP is a phased-array ionospheric heater that is capable of focusing large quantities of electromagnetic energy into very localized regions that are very far away from the source. It is entirely possible that the HAARP heaters were directed at the power grid's bottleneck while the grid was operating near peak capacity. The sudden presence of electromagnetic energy could easily force an unexpected increase in the power flow which could in-turn cause a critical failure such as the one seen on august 14, 2003."

globalresearch.ca...

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Yeah well Spencer Abraham was conveniently out of the country when this whole blackout thing went down. I believe he was in London on "work-related business" when the blackout occurred. Also as part of his trip I believe he tested biocell cars & supplied radiation detectors to rotterdam. When he heard of the blackout, did he get on a plane to deal with the failing energy of the united states? No. He stayed in London for the next day!

Well is it just a coincidence then that we had a blackout here in London and the South East, just last week 28/08/03?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Now that there has been so many ideas about Northeast US blackout, why doesn't someone locate and contact E. Parks Olmon aka "Snowman" official title: Minister-Counselor of the Foreign Services of the United States and ask him why 4 months prior to the blackout, he was handed a five page letter stating that such a event was going to happen. He stated that he would sent it to someone and see what they said. He returned the letter to the owner and said not to worry, nothing like it could happen, yet it did EXACTLY as letter stated????

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
the text of the bariumblues link is reproduced at:

www.globalresearch.ca...

with an interesting editor's note.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join