It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP related to NY blackout?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A major power outage struck simultaneously across dozens of cities in the eastern United States and Canada late Thursday afternoon.

www.cnn.com...

I'm wondering if HAARP could have been a possible explanation or even the direct cause of the blackout in the north east US today. Any explanations on how HAARP might cause this or any other ideas on how it happened?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think a UFO sucked all the power out of the Niagra generator just like when this happened back in the mid 60's.

DRAGONTOWER

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
CNN said it was lightning. lol

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm listening to the local news now (9:36pm) and they say there were no conditions which would produce lightning today.

It was hot but no storm clouds.

My animals were acting strange (restless) the last few days. i thought it might have been the full moon with maybe mars but...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It may have been some sort of HAARP test that went wrong. I don't really know too much about HAARP though. My guess is that it could have been terrorists. Maybe a scare to show us what they have in store for us? Or a warning of maybe things to come.... CNN says it was lightning... other news sources say the extreme heat wave was sagging the power lines... others say it was a fire..

Whats with all the different stories???

"My animals were acting strange (restless) the last few days. i thought it might have been the full moon with maybe mars but..." -energywave

Now that I think of it.. I have been very restless the past few days as well

Anyone have any suggestions??

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
With all that has gone on since 9-11 I would think the goverment would have a handle on the power production issue. Maybe they issued a staged shut down to cause the blackout just as a test. I think they are preparing us for something huge...Wasn't today a major earthquake day? One of the largest in recorded history.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   

PARIS, France (CNN) -- French authorities have announced a plan of action after officials revealed an estimated 3,000 people have died of heat-related causes in the past two weeks

is this also related to haarp??

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I find it odd that president bush had a videotaped message for today. Couldn't he have gone live for the rest of the country?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Now that I think of it.. I have been very restless the past few days as well

That's one of the things that HAARP is supposed to be able to do... it could theoretically inflict general feelings on unrest or anxiety.

Come on people... WITHIN TEN MINUTES, TWENTY MAJOR POWERPLANTS ALL ACROSS THE NORTH EAST UNITED STATES JUST SHUT OFF.

Lightning... yeah right... maybe the bigest lightning bolt ever seen on earth... even then it's far fetched. Besides, there's no serious cloud cover in that area.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Lightning seems to be a convenient cover story.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Right away I thought and others were also willing to point out. It could have been a computer attack on the power grids.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
HAARP would have the ability to do so, yes, and indeed, the Talkeenta trace from the HAARP website

went nuts right about the same time that all this happened.

Having said that, it is perfectly possible for other technical reasons to be attributed to this. However, since the massive power outage of the 1970s, safeguards have supposedly been put in place to prevent "cascading power surges", and this SHOULD NOT occur over such large areas.

My personal suspicion is terroristic sabotage of some type.

jra

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Whats with all the different stories???

the news media never really knows all the facts befor they open there mouths. that's one thing we should all keep in mind. the facts always change since they run with the first thing they hear and change it once they confirm what actually happened.

it happens with anything they report. they go with what just sounds good at the time. it's not a cover story or anything like that... it's just that CNN and other news stations need something to report and they'll generaly take the first thing they hear.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I just have one question:

All the worlds news media is focused on NYC. Cannot find news on virtually anything else right now.

What is going on where the media ISNT looking?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
That's an excellent point DR, if it was a diversion, what a diversion it was. Who the heck knows though, it was definitely something fishy, they are being naughty and not telling the truth. Bush said he'll get underway with investigation, ha, heard that before. Is he going to hide the investigation like he has with others in the past? Hrmmm....or will something huge happen so that this blackout will be the least of people's worries?

Possible explanations:

1.haarp
2.diversion
3.test
4.comet
5.lightning....yea....
6.something else

any other ideas?

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
DR and everyone else...

Something happened today with the North Korea situation. I'm wondering why in the hell this wasn't reported, there are some serious things here. Then again, when this came off the AP, I believe the east coast was blacked out:

Aug 14, 5:38 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) -- After two days of talks, the United States, Japan and South Korea have agreed that North Korea must end its nuclear weapons program, the State Department said Thursday.

North Korea is approaching the negotiations with a tough public line. On Wednesday, a foreign ministry spokesman demanded that the United States commit to a nonaggression treaty and normalize ties with the North.

The official also rejected any early inspection of North Korea's nuclear programs. That goal was reaffirmed by the United States, Japan and South Korea in their meetings at the State Department this week.

Japanese reporters were told after the meeting that Tokyo intends to press North Korea to permit the return of families of those Japanese who were kidnapped decades ago for training as spies.

Powell has offered to put in writing assurances that the Bush administration does not intend to attack North Korea and have Congress note the assurance.

The reports suggested Powell's signal of written assurances was opposed by the Pentagon and members of Vice President Dick Cheney's staff.

Assistant Secretary of State James Kelly will head the U.S. delegation at the Beijing talks.

customwire.ap.org...

Well?

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I have a feeling that Japan will soon be playing the part of Poland in the near future...

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
That enemy diversion you've been ignoring... is their main attack.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   

That enemy diversion you've been ignoring... is their main attack.

If that's the case, I really hope that I'm putting all of this together wrong.

I found the following from Jan 2003:

January 3, 2003

"Let's see: Bush is worried that Saddam Hussein might get nuclear weapons in one year or maybe five years, but Kim Jong Il, according to the CIA, has one or two right now and might have half a dozen more in six months or so."

"To top that off, North Korea has long-range missiles that could potentially carry nuclear weapons to Hawaii or Alaska"

"Here's how Bob Woodward records the President in "Bush at War" when the subject of North Korea came up: "The President sat forward in his chair. I thought he might jump up he became so emotional as he spoke about the North Korean leader. 'I loathe Kim Jong Il!' Bush shouted, waving his finger in the air. 'I've got a visceral reaction to this guy.' " And Bush said he didn't buy the argument that toppling Kim Jong Il would create too many problems."

www.progressive.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"North Korea trains about 100 hackers a year and has computer virus battalions in place. These hackers are capable of interrupting US communication networks. In a war game conducted in 1991 by US war planners, North Korea came out the victor with and without nuclear weapons. Kim Jong Il has no doubt that his army can beat the US army."

North Korea would launch a ballistic missile attack on the United States if Washington made a pre-emptive strike against the communist state's nuclear facility, the man described as Pyongyang's "unofficial spokesman" claimed yesterday.

"The United States says that after Iraq, we are next", said the deputy director Ri Pyong-gap, "but we have our own countermeasures. Pre-emptive attacks are not the exclusive right of the US."

www.guardian.co.uk...

I am genuinely concerned right now.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
What is going on where the media ISNT looking?

I was wondering the same thing DR. Something dont smell right here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join