It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire information

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Whompa, as to whether paranormal or supernatural vampires really exist, I cannot say. There is a medical condition, porphyria, which may have given rise to the vampire legends.

Porphyria is a rare hereditary blood disease with symptoms that are uncannily similar to what we now perceive as the classic characteristics of a vampire. People with this disorder cannot produce heme, an essential component of red blood. This makes them extremely sensitive to sunlight, develop sores and scars that do not heal properly, grow excessive amounts of hair, become allergic to garlic and have tightened skin around the lips and gums, thus making the incisors more conspicuous.

More here

All this aside, that's not to say the blood that you found does not have supernatural or paranormal origins, but vampire would not have been my first choice. Has this happen more than once?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Whompa, as to whether paranormal or supernatural vampires really exist, I cannot say. There is a medical condition, porphyria, which may have given rise to the vampire legends.

Porphyria is a rare hereditary blood disease with symptoms that are uncannily similar to what we now perceive as the classic characteristics of a vampire. People with this disorder cannot produce heme, an essential component of red blood. This makes them extremely sensitive to sunlight, develop sores and scars that do not heal properly, grow excessive amounts of hair, become allergic to garlic and have tightened skin around the lips and gums, thus making the incisors more conspicuous.

More here

All this aside, that's not to say the blood that you found does not have supernatural or paranormal origins, but vampire would not have been my first choice. Has this happen more than once?

No this was the first time it happened.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Wompa,

Nice to see you on the board again, wompa believe me I've had my fair share of the odd "things" happen in my life, I digress any way going back to jeremiahs accusations & questions Jeremiah why do you want to know who is who ? they won't tell you outright if you were right they wouldn't talk to you at all unless and this is a big "if" you had something that they were even interested in which most of them have what they want (businesses and such). maybe if you asked around jeremiah, maybe just maybe you might find what you are looking for but as the saying goes curiousity... killed the cat. Back to Wompa, Wompa you are not alone in your way of seeing the world. I use to at a point in my life use to not believe in some things, and then came a time in my life where one single event changed the way I viewed the world. Since that time I don't readily dismiss what some claim they've witnessed or been able to be a part of. Jeremiah I don't understand how you could doubt that there are things you can't understand so far you've shown yourself to be quite the nonbeliever. You'd be surprised at what sometimes goes on right under your nose. (belief is seeing, seeing is knowing)

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
MisticDragon,

I am rather disappointed, here I thought we we going to hear something interesting from you but instead we get nothing. Are you going to label me an 'unbeliever' too, if you do you are going to give a whole lot of people around here quite the laugh.

You claim to wish to help Wompa, but what you have done so far is to feed his fears while giving no help at all. I happen to think there is some other explaination for the blood he found. Maybe a wounded bird found it's way inside his bathroom, or a cat killed a rat.

But by telling him you 'know' that Vampires exist, and yet refusing to give any details at all you loose all my respect. People love to have other's think that they know something special, but when you come here we expect information. If you are not willing to share whatever you know, at least to some degree, then I for one have no hesitation in saying that I do not believe you know anything at all about this subject.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Jeremiah I don't understand how you could doubt that there are things you can't understand so far you've shown yourself to be quite the nonbeliever.

I have absolutely no doubt that there are many things in this world that are beyond my meagre understanding. Clearly, as I have already said, vampires are but one of those things. I understand nothing at all concerning the reality of genuine vampires. But you say that you do understand, which is why I have politely asked you some questions which I thought were interesting and which other people have expressed interest in hearing the answers to as well.

As for "knowing who is who", I did not ask to meet these vampires personally, I merely asked you if you could please tell us what it is that you know about them, which is why I asked the questions. Surely you can understand why some of us would be interested in learning more about vampires, even if they are not interested in us, as you say.

I have accused you of nothing. I have merely asked you to kindly provide the rest of us with some basic information. I have made every effort to be respectful and courteous and still you have not addressed my simple questions.

If I am a "disbeliever" (and clearly this is not the case since I am asking open and honest questions of you) then it is because you have as yet failed to answer my questions. Everybody on this thread would very much like to see these questions answered, I think. You are in a position to truly deny ignorance through your answers. To save you the trouble of backtracking, I shall post them again for you:

1) What, if any, physical characteristics do these vampires share with the 'traditional' vampire portrayed in movies and Ann Rice novels (e.g. Are they immortal? Do they actually drink blood? Do they combust in flame if they are caught in the sunlight? Can they get sick?) 2) Do they possess any of the paranormal powers and abilities typically attributed to vampires (super strength/speed, telepathy, flight, telekinesis, shape-shifting, etc)? 3) Do they have a social structure? Do they have, for instance, families, or clans, or some other form of kinship? 4) How do they view humans - what is their attitude towards humanity in general? 5) How would one go about meeting a vampire? You said they blend in - is there any way at all to distinguish one from a normal human by sight? 6) How many exist worldwide? Do they live mostly in major cities? 7) Why don't we see evidence of their existence (Deaths by exsanguination, videos, etc)?

Please respond, MisticDragon. Please answer the questions. People have been following this thread for some time and I am sure many of them will be disappointed in the extreme to see yet another case of somebody making a bold statement and then refusing to provide if not evidence then at least additional information. I await your response.

[edit on 31/8/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
But by telling him you 'know' that Vampires exist, and yet refusing to give any details at all you loose all my respect. People love to have other's think that they know something special, but when you come here we expect information. If you are not willing to share whatever you know, at least to some degree, then I for one have no hesitation in saying that I do not believe you know anything at all about this subject.

Originally posted by Jeremiah25
Please respond, MisticDragon. Please answer the questions. People have been following this thread for some time and I am sure many of them will be disappointed in the extreme to see yet another case of somebody making a bold statement and then refusing to provide if not evidence then at least additional information. I await your response.

Amen Brothers!

I've been sitting in the corner, right over there... Watching this thread with anticipation. And MisticDragon actually had my attention there... Right up to this point. It seems like just another "Mystic Attention Seeker"... Jeremiah asked some valid and "open ended (minded?)" questions. Then you, MisticDragon, turns... Shall we call it semi-aggressive... Everyone showed you respect and patience up to this point. As Alexander said... You're playing with your respect, and sooner or later you'll be known as the guy who cried wolf (or vampire in this case).

Let me put it this way... If I said I had an UFO in my garage and I used it to visit an alien planet every weekend, but I refused to give more information about my visits and used scare tactics like "you don't know what you're messing with" and "curiosity... killed the cat", would you believe me? No you wouldn't.

You're testing the intelligence of the board members. You don't even grant us the crumbs from the table....

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisticDragon
. (belief is seeing, seeing is knowing)

So to summarise:

If you see green cheese and believe that to be God, then you know that God is green cheese?

To answer your question, Mistic - people want to know, because you make some pretty outrageous claims without any back-up and expect people to believe you just because you say it's so.

That's not denying ignorance. That's welcoming it with two open arms and a ticker parade.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well because im a huge vamp fan i have alot of vampire games.
In one game VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE there are different clans of vampire, i dont know if these are real or just something made up for the game but they sound like real vampiric names anyway here we go.

BRUJAH: The brujah are very strong and violent and go into frenzies.

MALKAVIAN: The malkavians are very strange and have mixed speech, they are not easy to understand in what they say and also are very crazy.

NOSFERATU: The nosferatu are deformed and and sickening to look at they, hide from the outside world as thier hideous forms would not be accepted in society. They venture mostly in the sewers or in the shadows of alleyways.

GANGREL: The gangrel are very intune with thier animal instincts and are very beast-like in the way they move.

TOREADOR: The toreador are artistes and are very nice to look at, as they are very beautiful in appearance. They use thier seducing techniques to feed on the living and are very casual and respectant.

TREMERE: The tremere are very like the toreador but are the most untrusted of all the clans.

There is another one but i cant remember the name of the clan, i will post it another time when i remember the name.

Anyway, i hope this will tell you what type of vampire you wanna look for. you wanna look for

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Yes, Vampire: the Masquerade was truly a great game set in a well-constructed world. It's all fiction, though, but it does serve to educate people on the different understandings and representations of vampires that have been held throughout history. You will notice that each of the clans represents a different version of the vampire mythos - vampires as animalistic, savage beasts (Gangrel), vampires as refined and cultured monsters (Toreador) and more.

The clans you missed are:

Ventrue - Aristocratic vampire nobility who feel that power and prestige is their birthright.

Followers of Set - Dark children of the Egyptian vampire god Set.

Assamites - Arabic vampires who are used as assasins and practice diablerie, the drinking of another vampire's blood.

Ravnos - Wandering trickster vampires who were all but wiped out when their progenitor was nuked.

Lasombra - Dark, mysterious, shadowy vampires who desire to be the powerbrokers behind the scenes.

Giovanni - Necromancers and members of a single family.

Tzimisce - Fleshcrafting vampires from the Carpathians who loathe humanity.

You can see that the creators of the game, White Wolf, did a fairly good job of covering the major incarnations and expressions of the vampire mythos. V:tM met with enormous commercial success, bringing a sense of maturity to what had previously been a less well-regarded hobby.

[edit on 31/8/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Quote: "Psychic Vampires, Astral Vampires, Emotional Vampires"

Yes they Exist! I have had some Experience with these Sneaky B*stards!

The above types are more Prevalent than the actual Blood Suckers. There are also
"Sexual Vampires" (feeds off of Sexual Energy Release). These latter types are more Rare - it is more Dangerous with all of the Blood Diseases & STD's out there!

Oh BTW "Jeremiah25" - the Roman Catholic Church would disagree with you on the Cain & Able Story! They Believe that Cain’s Bloodline is *REAL & CURSED*! Supposedly the "Benjaminite Tribe" is also Descended from Cain's Blood Line!

13 Cain Descendant Tribes huh? Perhaps this is Connected to the Mythical "13 Illuminati Bloodlines"? Maybe these Supernatural Vampire Abilities is a Root/Source of the Mysterious & Legendary Powers of the Illuminati

(Just a Theory - Comment on it if you wish)!

[edit on 31-8-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Quote: "Psychic Vampires, Astral Vampires, Emotional Vampires"

Yes they Exist! I have had some Experience with these Sneaky B*stards!

13 Cain Descendant Tribes huh? Perhaps this is Connected to the Mythical "13 Illuminati Bloodlines"? Maybe this Supernatural Vampirism is a Root/Source of the Mysterious & Legendary Powers of the Illuminati

(Just a Theory - Comment on it if you wish)!

Well, the 13 tribes descending from Caine was demonstrated to be part of the history of a fictional world created by role-playing company White Wolf.

As for the different 'species' of vampire, if you will, I find it interesting to note that, in contrast to the more traditional, blood-drinking form of vampire, these forms require no tangible evidence of their existence. I mean, how do you know when somebody is a psychic vampire draining your energy/chi/life essence and when you are just having a bad day?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Jeremiah25 - Would you then care to Comment on why Certain "Higher Ups/Priests" with-in the
Roman Catholic Church Structure/Hierarchy believe that it is REAL! They have sworn to "Eliminate" them!

Quote: "these forms require no tangible evidence of their existence.
I mean, how do you know when somebody is a Psychic Vampire draining your Energy/Chi/Life Essence and when you are just having a bad day?"

Yes you are correct that there is no TANGIBLE Evidence - But I would beg to Differ with you on that Second Part (their Existence). Like I said - I have Personally Experienced (to answer your Question - it is a *UNIQUE Experience*) A Psychic Energy Draining. The Effect actually leaves you with a Pleasant feeling - although it is a Draining. I will not comment on the Environment that I was in when this happened - But I will tell you that I was MAD after I later realized what had occurred! I was Mad because the Person or Persons Involved did so *WITHOUT my Personal Approval*. Doing this with Consent is one thing - doing this sort of thing in a Stealthy manner however is really Disrespectful!

It is rather fascinating - if you bother to do the re-search - how many different Cultures/Religions of the World actually Recognize the Existence of Vampires/Succubus.

[edit on 31-8-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Jeremiah25 - Would you then care to Comment on why Certain "Higher Ups/Priests" with-in the Roman Catholic Church Structure/Hierarchy believe that it is REAL! They have sworn to "Eliminate" them!

I remember hearing something similar to this in the distant past, but I have never really seen or heard any type of real discussion surrounding the claim. It certainly would be fascinating to study. It is one thing to hear depressed teenage goths discuss vampires. It is another to hear a respected and enormously influential religious organisation do so. Do you have any links or sources that I can check out, because I would really be interested in reading about this?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Also...

We've all experienced being in the presence of a person who can quite literally drain us, emotionally and/or spiritually.

Is this vampirism? Not in my opinion, no - but I can absolutely understand how it might fall under that category once we allow for the distinction between various types (whether mythological or allegedly real) of vampires.

Some people do this without realising; they're just a drain on our mental resources and most of us feel completely exhausted after spending time with them. Others actively try to make our lives a little more difficult and go out of their way to "take" from us.

Again though, I'm not sure I'd consider this vampiric activity; it's just human nature. And it's very, very subjective....

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
ok Jeremiah, yes vamps are quite real and as I've said already you'd never know who was one they blend in they also own/control some very high profile companies & hotels some live over seas in various countries that were named previously in the beginning of this thread, the ones who have business interests within the u.s. have diplomatic immunity and are aware what that does for them some.. for lack of a better word the immunity from prosecution they use it to their advantage on more then a few ocassions. Some are pulling strings of certain companies those are the ones who like the control they have on business and wealth, there are some who can be nice but there is a majority who keep to themselves and only are around those they are comfortable with. Some break laws just cause they know they can't be touched the ones with diplomatic immunity they break laws cause they can get away with it and no one can touch them. Like I've seen many others say before they blend in living among the unknowning. I know there are alot of lifestylers who are online and many internet covens ( houses), I'm more than aware of them, but to the find what you seek wompa all you need is to read between the lines and you'll most likely find what you are seeking. though hollywood loves to embelish on vamps and such they take some bit of truth and really make it untruthful. there are vamps who take what they need psychically then are the ones who use sex energy then there are the ones who take both psychic and blood. The ones who use both usually have a gentic sort of flaw in their internal system that their blood can't sustain their life exactly right so they need blood of others to make up for it. some vamps also take psychically & astrally too. The ones who take energy both psychically & astrally are quite adept at it and it takes someone well aware to pick up on what the vamp is doing to them at the time or it goes completely unoticed but say you can see auras then you'd see the damage this does to a person. Vamps adept in psychic manipulation can drain or in the extreme case kill a person. For the ones who use blood there are many a donor around the world who seek out vamps to keep company.

[edit on 31-8-2005 by MisticDragon]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I've read between the lines or at least tried too. And I am no nearer the answer then when this thread was started. I honestly don't know if I am coming or going.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
I've read between the lines or at least tried too. And I am no nearer the answer then when this thread was started. I honestly don't know if I am coming or going.

I don't blame you, whompa. If nothing else, this thread should demonstrate the difficulties in pursuing any type of serious answers regarding the issue of vampires, their existence and the forms they take. I have tried to get some answers out of MisticDragon that I hoped would benefit us both, but unfortunately he continues to avoid answering my very simple questions, instead replying with vague statements like "read between the lines".

MisticDragon, I find it interesting that you never mentioned psychic, astral or sexual vampires until Seraphim_Serpente and others began to discuss them. Even when Alexander asked you to define what you meant by vampires, you ignored his request. My questions were very simple and should have posed no problem whatsoever if you in fact truly possessed any knowledge concerning the reality of vampires. I asked you twice to answer the questions I put to you and I asked you with politeness and courtesy. Instead of answering them, you responded with a post about vampires in businesses and diplomatic immunity, things you have already said in previous posts. Then you began to discuss different forms of vampires, after others had already raised the issue. To me, and I am sure to others who have been following this thread, this looks like you are preparing an escape plan, by claiming that your 'vampire friends' are not the traditional form of blood-drinking vampires, but the more vague ethereal/psychic/emotional/sexual form of vampire.

I am certain that there are many on this thread as disappointed and frustrated as I am, and whompa not the least of them. You didn't answer my very simple, very pertinent questions and you continue to respond with double-talk. Thus, I am forced to conclude that you possess no information whatsoever and are either flat out making stuff up, a vampire enthusiast who is playing with us or somewhat deluded. I apologise if this seems harsh, but I feel as though I, and others on this thread, have been more than patient with you and more than accomodating in allowing you ample opportunity to back up or expand on your outrageous claims, to our very great disappointment and frustration. Respond if you wish, but I am afraid I can no longer take what you say as credible information. I am sorry, I tried.

Whompa, in regards to your situation, have you considered that the blood may be yours? How much blood are we talking about here? Whilst I am sure that Alexander is probably right in arguing that some animal is responsible, I feel that it would be negligent not to suggest that the blood might be from you. When I am really stressed, I dig my nails into my palms in my sleep. Sometimes I wake up with blood all over my hands from this practice. At other times, I have bit my cheek or my tongue and woken up in the middle of the night with a mouth full of blood. Perhaps something similar happened to you and you walked into your bathroom to wash the blood out. Although not likely, it is at least possible that you took such actions whilst sleeping. I used to sleepwalk a lot and still do occassionally, so it is not outside the realm of possibility that you are injuring yourself to some small extent in your sleep. This would account for the blood and possibly the marks on your body. What do you think?

[edit on 1/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'll post some pics. Its not me because I found this after I got home from work and I am very anal about how clean my bathroom is. Theres no blood anywere else except in this one area. No bloody rags or tp nothing.

I take back the posting pics idea there not on this computer so that is out for the time being. Back to the orginal question. The blood was not there when I left for work. It was when I got back. I live alone. So that rules me out. It also rules the gf out as she says it is not her. The only other option I have is that its something else. My house has never been quite when it comes to the paranormal. In the last year I've had my share of episodes with that. So Im left to grasp at straws. The blood combined with the bites marks I've woken up to led me on the thought train of vamps however unreal or unpratical it may be. This thread is a mixed bag. I find interesting to read thru all the posts and some what frustrating trying to cypher the real from the BS. But thats the nature of the internet.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
@Whompa. Let's go the extreme, and say you were in fact bitten by a typical (Count Dracula/Blade/etc.) vampire... Do you feel "different"? Sensitive to the sun, an unquenchable thirst... You know the typical stuff? Or maybe on a higher level? You feel as if you know what people are thinking, etc?

And what sort of "paranormal activities" happened around your home? Just a quick reference? Ghost, poltergeist, demon/satanic, etc?

Ok, that said... The blood appear whilst you were at work, right? So it's source could be ANYthing, right? Its source is unknown. And the "bite marks" you had/have, were on another occasion, not connected to the blood in the bathroom, right? I understand that you are grabbing for some straws here, but I still don't understand why you would take Vampirism as the explanation out of all the possible explanations?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
@Whompa. Let's go the extreme, and say you were in fact bitten by a typical (Count Dracula/Blade/etc.) vampire... Do you feel "different"? Sensitive to the sun, an unquenchable thirst... You know the typical stuff? Or maybe on a higher level? You feel as if you know what people are thinking, etc?

And what sort of "paranormal activities" happened around your home? Just a quick reference? Ghost, poltergeist, demon/satanic, etc?

Ok, that said... The blood appear whilst you were at work, right? So it's source could be ANYthing, right? Its source is unknown. And the "bite marks" you had/have, were on another occasion, not connected to the blood in the bathroom, right? I understand that you are grabbing for some straws here, but I still don't understand why you would take Vampirism as the explanation out of all the possible explanations?

I have an intolerable taste for orange juice! But other then that nothing out of the ordinary. Correct the blood appeared while I was at work so it could in fact be anything. The bite marks were not connected to the blood other then they showed up a few days prior to the blood. As for the episodes at my house its been of ghost/poltergeist type thing. Breaking things turning stuff on and off that sort of thing. To me the bite marks and blood pushed me down this path. I cant thing of any other rational thing that could explain the blood.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join