It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire information

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I have been reading this thread with interest and now offer some information i found in a book it does not say if vampires are real or not it just gives facts im new at this so dont blame me for any thing wrong.

"Bram stoker's novel DRACULA and its film adaptions and offshoots have blurred the line between fact and fiction by drawing on a variety of European folklore traditions,as well as the real historical figures of Vlad Dracul and his son Vlad Tepes, the Impaler,the cruel and bloodthirsty rulers of 15th century Wallachia.
Another prototype of today's fictional vampire may have been Elizabeth Bathori,the Countess of Hungary.in 1610 she was found guilty of murdering over 600 young girls and bathing in their blood in order to preserve her own youth.She was convicted of sourcery and imprisoned for the rest of her life.

Putting both fiction and history aside, bloodthirsty undead revenants have existed in various parts of the world for some time.The ancient Assyrians went in fear of eery ekimmu,and the romans were prayed upon by the striges,which took the form of birds.Vampires dissapeared from britain in c.1300 but were much more common in continental Europe for much longer: Bulgaria had an epidemic in 1863
There are dozens of national and regional vampire variants.Many of these are said to be ghosts or spirits,but all share characteristics such as bloodsucking or shapechanging.They include the Portugese bruxa; the indian vetala; the north american anchanchu; the south american azeman; the trinidadian sukuyan; and the malaysian bajang"

Use this info any way you want

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this site Top Secret Vampires which has loads of links to other pages. Again there seem to be a strong reference between Vampyrism and Russia...?

It's a lot of information to take in, and even more reading to do, but it seems to be a good source. Here's some interesting highlights I found while skimming the lot...

Again the "theory" that Cain was the first Vampire at this site
Cain reference ... By the looks of it the site might be abandoned, though.

Here's another interesting tit-bit I found here:
Stephen Kaplan, director of the Vampire Research Center in Elmhurst, New York, claims there are at least twenty-one real vampires secretly living in the United States and Canada today.
Maybe it would be worth the effort to follow what this Stephen Kaplan has/had to say?

***After clicking a few more links***
Looks like most of the pages are dead or old/out-dated. Can it be that Vampires aren't into the Internet?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I've done some research on Comte de Saint-Germain. It's doesn't say anything about blood drinking or the traditional "vampire info"; however, in some reports, it claims that he does not age. I hope that helps some.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a very good book for research on vampires is called "Science of a Vampire." I forget the name of the author but she is a former c.s.i investigator, so she has lots of knowledge on vampire related medical conditions, disorders, ect.. You can purchase the book at any large bookstore i believe.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientia
a very good book for research on vampires is called "Science of a Vampire." I forget the name of the author but she is a former c.s.i investigator, so she has lots of knowledge on vampire related medical conditions, disorders, ect.. You can purchase the book at any large bookstore i believe.

Is this more geared towards the actual medical condition?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think this is the book to which you're referring.

Fwiw, the author is simply trying to offer scientific reasoning behind the vampire mythos; she's not claiming that vampires are real (nor is she disproving the notion either).

hth

(The author isn't a former CSI; she wrote a book about the science behind CSI the tv show, but she's actually a psychologist herself)

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
thanks tinkleflower, didn't know she wrote about the show c.s.i. but the book is still a good review of many beliefs and history of vampires. It's hard to come across a non-biased conspiracy book, but that one is an example.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Renfield's disease is an actual psychological disorder that has been diagnosed in the past.

Also a medical condition call Porphyria.
Porphyria has been suggested as an explanation for the origin of vampire and werewolf legends, based upon a number of superficial similarities between the condition and the folklore. These ideas may have developed from a misunderstanding of the nature of porphyria and concentrate more on the traits from modern vampire and werewolf fiction than on the original folkloric beliefs.

Modern medicine has suggested that the insanity exhibited by King George III was the result of porphyria. Recent research has shown that porphyria is another hereditary disease plaguing the British royal family (besides hemophilia), apparently from the line of the monarchs of Scotland. Research has shown that both James I and Mary I of Scotland probably suffered from the disease. Queen Anne of Great Britain suffered from the disease as well. Queen Victoria's granddaughter Charlotte (a sister of Wilhelm II) and Prince William of Gloucester also suffered from the disease. New research indicates that Vincent van Gogh may have suffered from acute intermittent porphyria as well (Loftus & Arnold 1991).
I find this subject to be fascinating and hope you found the information helpful as well.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Deadly, do you have links to that info you provided?

I seem to recall reading virtually the same paragraphs online, and I just can't think where.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Deadly, do you have links to that info you provided?

I seem to recall reading virtually the same paragraphs online, and I just can't think where.

Thanks

Tinkleflower- good old wikipedia.com. I had a brain fart this morning and can't remember how to paste my links. My apologies

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
exactly what the book talks about. Ha im talking about it like i wrote it. Good book though

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Go to this website it has everything about vampires...

www.fvza.org...

I googled around and found it. I checked it out it has everything plus zombies...

Really you must check this out!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burn The Witch
Go to this website it has everything about vampires...

www.fvza.org...

I googled around and found it. I checked it out it has everything plus zombies...

Really you must check this out!

That's a really cute site, yup

Just bear in mind it's not real....

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I believe that vampirism is a bit more then a mere disease, however...everyone here seems to be asking for "ocular proof", do christians ask for ocular proof about god? they don't because for some reason they just know god exists - I don't need ocular proof, because I'm never going to explore every corner of this globe which means I'm never going to know for sure whether or not these "vampires" exist, but I'm going to keep an open mind, because I think that theres more to the world that meets the eye

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If vampirism existed it would spread like a disease there would be many vampires. Since they are immortal and infectious you get bit or have fluid transfers of some sort then you become a vampire and spread the disease on to another human. The cycle would keep going. Kinda like HIV and look at how fast that spread over the globe.

I think it is reasonable to assume that if they existed we would have found some by now.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Don't know if any one has given you this information but of all the research I personally have done on Vampires (like you I became interested and wanted to see what if any truth there are behind the legends) this case is the most believable.

The Highgate Vampire case
members.lycos.co.uk...

There are people who dont believe it but there are too many things that support it, the fact that it has taken place in modern times, it has gone on for the past 30 years and other various things that contribute to this being a real vampire case. Sean Manchester claims to be a real vampire hunter and claims to of killed vampires you may want to look him up.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
HI, EXCUSE THE ALL-CAPS, IT'S EASIER ON MY HANDS.
I FOUND THIS SITE WHEN I WORD-SEARCHED 'PORPHYRIA', WHICH I
HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH.

IT IS ALSO CALLED 'THE VAMPIRE DISEASE'.

IT IS BELIEVED THAT THE MYTH OF VAMPIRES STARTED WITH THE
MISCONCEPTION OF PORPHYCICS: UNABLE TO GO OUT INTO SUNLIGHT
OR ONE BURNS; UNABLE TO EAT OR SMELL THE FUMES OF GARLIC,
BECAUSE THE SULPHITES IN IT CAUSES ONE TO BURN;
PALE; ANEMIC; RECEDING GUMS THAT MAKE THE EYE TEETH LOOK LIKE FANGS;
KINDA 'CRAZY-ACTIN'; VERY ATUNE TO THINGS TO THE POINT OF BEING
ALMOST LIKE SOME KIND OF MIND-READER; MYSTIC IN THEIR STRANGE MYSTERY. AS THE DISEASE PROGRESSES AND THE KIDNEYS AND LIVER SLOWLY START TO SHUT DOWN, ONE'S EYES CAN ACTUALLY LOOK YELLOW AND VERY BLOODSHOT.

MOST PORPHYRICS CAN BE TRACED BACK TO A LINEAGE OF GENES, MOSTLY FROM CERTAIN ROYAL LINEAGE (THUS THE 'COUNT' LINK), USUALLY FROM A DUTCH-MIGRATION TO SOUTH AFRICA, AND ALSO OF SLAVIK (CZECH, ROMANIAN, YUGOSLAVIAN, TRANSYLVANIAN) DESCENT.

VLAD THE IMPALER FROM BUCAREST, ROMANIA (WHERE MY GRANDMOTHER
IS FROM) WAS COUNT DRACULA. MY GRANDMOTHER HAS STORIES
OF HIM FROM HER VILLAGE. 'DRACUL' (SHE PRONOUNCES IT 'DRRRRAK-YOOL')
MEANS 'DEVIL'. 'DUTE DE DRACUL' (PRONOUNCED 'DOOT DEE DRRRAK-YOOL')
MEANS 'GO TO HELL', OR AS GRANDMA USED TO SAY: GO TO THE DEVIL.
(SHE WOULD SAY IT, "GO TOOOO DEEEE DEVIL!")

I AM LOOKING, ACTUALLY, FOR ANYONE ON THIS BOARD WHO MIGHT KNOW ANYTHING MORE ABOUT THE ACTUAL HEREDITARY ENZYME DISEASE PORHYRIA. I HAVE VARIEGATE COPROPORPHYRIA. LATELY THE ATTACKS HAVE BEEN BAD (BLISTERING SKIN, EVEN WHEN I MAKE A RUN FOR IT FROM BUILDING TO THE SHADE OF MY CAR). IT HAS NOW REACHED THE POINT WHERE I CANNOT HAVE MY SKIN EXPOSED TO THE U.V. SUNLIGHT AT ALL, WITHOUT CAUSING SEVERE BURNING AND SEIZURE-LIKE PAIN. ALSO, I AM SO ANEMIC, ALL I CRAVE IS NEAR-RAW RED-MEAT (THE BLOODIER THE BETTER), AS IT HAS THE MOST IRON CONTENT. MY DOCTOR HAS ME ON A TRIPLE DOSE OF IRON TO COMBAT THE ANEMIA, BUT 'ONCE A MONTH' (USUALLY WITH THE FULL MOON), I AM SO PALE AND WEAK I CAN HARDLY FUNCTION.

PORPHYRICS LIFE-EXPECTANCY IS ABOUT 43-63 YEARS OLD. GRANDMA DIED AT 51, FROM KIDNEY SHUTDOWN (UREMIA). OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE COLITIS (WHICH MY SISTER HAS); MISCARRIAGES (WHICH WE BOTH HAVE HAD); AND A VERY STRICT AND LIMITED DIET IN ORDER TO PREVENT PAINFUL ATTACKS.

THE PORPHYRICS ORGANS, ONCE THEY DIE, TEND TO PREVERVE WELL, SO CHANCES ARE, IF THEY WERE DUG UP (EXUMED), THEY WOULD LOOK VERY MUCH LIKE THEY WERE STILL VERY MUCH ALIVE...NOT DECOMPOSED. THIS WOULD HAVE PROBABLY ALSO LED PEOPLE TO THINK THEM 'UNDEAD'.

SAINTS WERE SUPPOSEDLY PORPHYRICS, WHICH IS WHY THEY, TOO, NEVER SEEMED TO 'DECOMPOSE'.

BECAUSE OF THIS WARPED AND HORRID LIFESTYLE, I HAVE LIMITED FRIENDSHIPS (NEXT TO NONE), AND WOULD ALSO LIKE TO NETWORK ON HERE WITH SOME SANE INTELLIGENT FOLKS, NOT GOTHIC VAMPIRE-WANNA-BEES.

I HOPE THAT DOESN'T SOUND CRUEL OR HARSH. IT IS REALLY NO FUN BEING A REAL VAMPIRE. I DON'T WEAR BLACK, DON'T WEAR CAPES, DON'T SPEAK WITH A TRANSYLVANIA ACCENT NOR SLEEP IN A COFFIN. I'M JUST A GIRL WHO USED TO LOVE THE SUN WHEN I WAS A KID AND NOW I CAN'T BE IN IT, AND I CRAVE RED MEAT AND AM PALE AND WEAK ALOT. I ALSO FEAR SOMETIMES FOR MY SANITY, AS ONE OF THE SYMPTOMS IS SCHITZOPHRENIA-LIKE SYMPTOMS, MAINLY DUE TO THE SLOW LACK OF OXYGEN DISTRIBUTION TO THE BRAIN, DUE TO THE OVERLOAD OF PORPHYRINS IN THE BLOOD STREAM.

I HOPE IT'S ALRIGHT TO USE MY REAL NAME,
PLEASE EMAIL ME AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS,

[email protected]

SINCERELY,
JULIE ST.JOHN
DEKALB, IL. U.S.A.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
DEKALBPOET,

All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
whompa try vampires the occult truth by Constntinos,hope it helps.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
If vampirism existed it would spread like a disease there would be many vampires. Since they are immortal and infectious you get bit or have fluid transfers of some sort then you become a vampire and spread the disease on to another human. The cycle would keep going. Kinda like HIV and look at how fast that spread over the globe.

I think it is reasonable to assume that if they existed we would have found some by now.

That is assuming that vampirism is spread like a disease... Some accounts say that the "Newbie" has to drink that blood of the "Master" to be turned.
Or maybe it's not transmittable at all, these guys are supposed to be immortal after all, why make more? The fact that we don't know of thousands (or any) immortals running around and the fact that vampirism is not spreading around like AIDS leads me to believe more that vampirisim is not spread by bite, then as proof that they don't exist...

That all said there sure were (and are) a lot of people that believe in these things!

SaucyRossy already mentioned the Highgate Vampire (modern history) and I wanted to add the American one about Mercy Brown (last "official" US vampire case in the late 1800's), look her up. They sure do some strange things to "get over it"! In Mercy's case they dug her up, burnt her heart to ash and mixed it in water then gave it to her brother to drink!

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join