It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire information

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I am assuming this is the correct forum for this. And before anyone asks I did a search and went thru 90% of returned querys. I am looking information on vampires. And by this I do not mean bram stoker or any of the mythical vampires. I am looking for real life information. Possibly some books on the subject that would give me an overall time line or lineage if you will.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Wikipedia is always a good source.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I personally think its all malarky(to be polite),however,youmight try to look up cannabilism too. Some ancient, olden, and modern tribes believe that eating human flesh prolongs life. I saw a ditty on "Ripley's Believe it or Not" or "Real TV" the other day about a religous sect of scavengers in India who follow funeral pyres around and eat the scraps. It was nasty, but they got some kind of purification or something from it. Then again, they also have unics in India. Wish I could give you better info.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Perhaps the community would be better able to serve you if you were to define what kind of vampire you're looking for?

Psychic vampire?

Vampirism as a result of a psychiatric condition? (ie, perception versus reality)?

People who drink blood, but have no supernatural power?

Clarification is good

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
food for the dead is a book about my area and its history with 'vampires'.

great book, will answer many questions.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I guess I am looking for any and all information relating to "real" vampires if that makes sense.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
ahh the bitey kind ehh? There is a ton of stuff here
Vampire stuff. It is a start.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I think what he's trying to say is that he's looking for information on REAL vampires, like Count Chocula!

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You might want to investigate astral vampirism.

Or not.

But astral is the perfect example of 'what you don't know can hurt you'

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
To make a long story short I have found myself becoming very interested in the vampire society and culture.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
i heard an interesting show on coast to coast am with a guy who was a vampire hunter. check for vampires in the search engine at www.coasttocoastam.com im sure youll find what im talking about.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
People like Allan Menzies are the closest thing I have seen to a vampire. In his case it was a psychotic condition. Hes dead though, all the same...

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Perhaps I should ask if anyone here believes in these creatures as more then a mental condition? But as an actual once thought mythical being. I suppose if you want to get technical something ann rice or bladish.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
Perhaps I should ask if anyone here believes in these creatures as more then a mental condition? But as an actual once thought mythical being.

Mythical would imply that they don't exist. Myths are synonomous with old wives tales and childrens bedtime stories. A myth is a fabrication of the truth passed on through the ages. (Yes, I am aware that some myths turn out to be true, but they then cease to be myths.)

I went to high school with a dork that thought he was a vampire. He said he was a day walker. I asked him if I could shoot him or slit his throat to prove it, but he wouldn't let me. He also wasn't allergic to crucifixes as you might expect.

You might also look up 'Comte de Saint Germain'. Some people thought he was a vampire/alchemist.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This site may also help; although I'm dubious as to the veracity therein

Outside of the examples below, there isn't anything to support the notion that real 'supernatural' type vampires exist anywhere other than our imaginations.

People who drink blood.
People who say they have porphyria and are thus vampires (and who generally don't know what porphyria is, and can't grasp that it doesn't mean you have to drink blood).
"Psychic" vampires.
People who for various psychiatric reasons believe themselves to be vampires.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
hmm this is going to be a challenge. Really though I think they are out there.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   

hmm this is going to be a challenge. Really though I think they are out there.

Well...based on what?

Why don't you tell us how you got to your conclusion, and all that?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Lookie here. Pigs will eat other pigs, monkeys will eat other monkeys, and cows will eat other cows(or eat eat their blood for that matter), and all we ever got from that is bovine spongiform encephilitus (BSE). Have you ever heard of a pig living for a hundred years? If you are considering drinking human blood, good luck. We have enough trouble with STDs nowadays as it is, and a condom won't protect you in your ventures. If you believe in vampires, why? Have you any proof? Have you ever seen one? Maybe you are just searching for something to believe in. If I was insulting, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. The world is colorful enough, and there are plenty of bright, vivid colors to follow, they just require effort.

P.S. If any vampires, ghosts, sasquatches, or aliens have a problem with this, U2U me for my living address, and you can come and get it. All but sasquatches and aliens should be bulletproof.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Much like any other topic in this forum I dont have proof.. At least not anything that would stand up in court. *shrugs* I see no reason why vampires could not exist in a world filled with greys, lizards, nessies, and bigfoots. All I seek is information nothing more.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Much like any other topic in this forum I dont have proof.. At least not anything that would stand up in court. *shrugs* I see no reason why vampires could not exist in a world filled with greys, lizards, nessies, and bigfoots. All I seek is information nothing more.

Assuming that such exist, yeah....

Which is why some of us require proof of these, before we're ready to join the band of Nessie & Bigfoot believers

But your answer implies that you do have something tangible - why not throw it out here, so we can digest it?

You never know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join