It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Power Outage..

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Leveller

Everything is relative.

Your last thought is very thoughtful indeed.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Here ya go...

From another board:

"George Noory just got done saying the following: (This is unbelievable)

When Al Bielik was a guest last week on Coast to Coast, Bielik stated
that because of the 60th anniversary of the Philadelphia Experiment,
some big 'electrical event' could happen this week.
Can you believe that! ?!"

ValHall, thats a good post. We need to hear from WOS and Midnight Mutilator on this subject. You can bet that they have an eye on Montauk right about now. If there is anything to all that, it might explain alot.

As for the overload theory...it hasn't been that hot in the east US this summer. Heck I live in the South East..KY which is usually topping the high 90s like a month ago and we've yet to hit the high 80s this year. Last winters Ice storm knocked Lexington out for a couple of weeks and the entire power system for the city was rebuilt in two weeks time. I don't buy this overload theory...I don't buy the lightening strike theory either. Lightening hits transformers all the time..it knocks out sections of the grid but not the entire thing. This is too widespread. This is different, independant, service areas..from different sources. There is something else to this..it might not be terrorist but there is something else to this.

Just edited to correct typos...I hate this keyboard..

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by astrocreep]

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
As i said before, there is just something about this which isn't right... i can't put my finger on it

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
hey geuys I just woke up and found out that NYC is still with out POWER, I mean who is respondsible for the mass power outage? Some reports say a lightning blot struck the Niagra Plant, flase, then a fire broke out near another plant, false, then Bush talk and say" I like your cooperation and making things look fine and helping each other out... this was NOT a terrorist attack...BLAH BLAH BLAH. Any ways I'm starting to thinks it is and the NWO are in it too

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   

this was NOT a terrorist attack...BLAH BLAH BLAH. Any ways I'm starting to thinks it is and the NWO are in it too

Im starting to think that too because they can't even say what caused it

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Al Qauda could have taken out the planet to see what will happen

Am I the one who caught this?

Look, we're the world's largest industrialized nation, but we're operating on a third world power grid.... Since everything basically works most of the time though...nobody seems to care until something like this happens... Just wait till winter, and there's a really cold snap...and you'll see it happen all over again....*sigh*

Luckily, this seems to have been handled well....

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

this was NOT a terrorist attack...BLAH BLAH BLAH. Any ways I'm starting to thinks it is and the NWO are in it too

Im starting to think that too because they can't even say what caused it
Maybe the officials are taking there sweet time to come up with answers, or knows might of caused it?

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This shouldn't happen again, but if someone gets bored at the plant, they might pull the plug or something

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
My local news just stated that reporters might have ruled out a cyber attack but that lead investigators haven't and admit anything is still possible cause. Sounds like some backtracking is beginning. Might have jumped to conclusions without looking at all the information.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
When the media have come up with reasons why the power went out, they end up going back on them

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Backtracking

Obfuscation

Cover-up

Confusion

Fear

Paranoia

Standard tactics since 2000

FEMA sooner than later?

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
To try to cut the tension as I am sure none of us really know what happened... and are likely to never know, I would like to show this possibility:

William was simply tweaking ATS again... and saying if I plug this here and that there... ATS will have the largest most powerful server in cyberspace
...mmmmhhhhhaaaaahahahah, all I have to do is plug this in and "poof"... Uh oh... what have I done??

Just Kidding William.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Appologies if this has already been posted:

news.bbc.co.uk...

they're saying it's a third world power system, lol - UK is set for power outages by Christmas according to the Daily Express Newspaper today in the UK

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   

- UK is set for power outages by Christmas according to the Daily Express Newspaper today in the UK

Yeah, but after Sept 11th they said UK would suffer from major attack and we haven't. Dail Express is just scaring us

zed

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Might have jumped to conclusions without looking at all the information.
Seems a lot of people do that here too. That or look too hard at the information.

Damn, in Japan if a block looses power for a few minutes its national news.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It is possible that it is scaremongery but it could also be true, there's constantly things on UK TV recently saying about how power companies are in financial trouble etc. I'll keep an open mind on this one - oh, and get some gas burners in for the christmas turkey
- Turkey in a can anyone?

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by infexious
It is possible that it is scaremongery but it could also be true, there's constantly things on UK TV recently saying about how power companies are in financial trouble etc. I'll keep an open mind on this one - oh, and get some gas burners in for the christmas turkey
- Turkey in a can anyone?

Turkey in a can........yes please

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
...about a natural gas shortage,which was due to drive NG prices up to end of last winters levels by the end of this summer,supposedly,the EPA was demanding that dual fuel generation plants switch over to NG for pollution control reasons,if they had dual fuel capability and did not they would be penalised,but the goofy part of it is that the NG reserves have been low from last winter because there have been a large number of NG sources drying up and there have been too few new fields discovered in recent years,maybe they just ran out of natural gas,that would be a real prob if this happened in the winter time,and some say that this winter that are concerned for public safety........

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Maybe there will be problems this winter, but I'm hopeful that they will learn from their mistakes and sort problems out as the weather is only set to get worse as the years go on. Why don't they switch to that alternative power source that I read about that takes energy from energy waves in the universe? I'll try to find the link again..

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Leveler:

A massive power overload like this? Get real.

For one: The power demand this year was no different than it was last year. It is no hotter this year than it was last year. In fact.........hmmmmlets see......90 degrees with humdity, an oddity in New York? NO. Pretty standard. Air conditions always run there. Hell, youd think, with the WTC gone, that thier power demands would have lowered considerably. So, I hardly would by the power overload.

I have been through many blacksouts. Here in washington, power get knocked out all the time by wild weather. High winds mainly, knock out power lines. Possible hydro electric problems because of low rainfall. But it effects smaller areas. Natural disas knock out power, this is normal. What happened yesterday was not normal.

There are so many possibilities. Overload unlikely. Power system is not third world. The majority of massive power outages are due to weather in the US. Technology no where has advanced to the point that it can rpotect everything from weather.

Still no word what caused this. Anything going on in Detroit?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join