It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Power Outage..

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
And lemme guess, tinfoil hats.

I have graduated highschool, thank you very much.

Experts? whose experts? The media is full of "experts". "Experts" on everything.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Well, sadly, Uni, people like Leveler still think the news and govornment never lie to him. I suppose you can find some reports amusing........like when reporters keep mspouting "this had nothing to do with terrorism, but we have no idea what caused it". Lol, and probably people like Leveler will continue to drool and knod, because the TV never lies!

Look at how you have spoken to Leveller. I think we ALL agree that we are NOT being given the full truth... But you seem to want to fly off of the handle without any information... while dismissing those who take the time to at least read a book, a newspaper, or a journal before making a decision. You're a cheerleader for mass, uneducated hysteria... and one who puts on the pretenses of toughness around anyone who says, "Hey, let's check the facts before we burn city hall down." Add some facts and logic to your post, and delete your raves against the media and education, if you don't want to have your qualifications questioned.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   

"What we saw was small swings of our flow, our power flows to Ontario," says William Museler, president of New York Independent System Operator, a utility provider in upstate New York. "We were supplying Ontario with about 1,000 megawatts at the time this started. Those power swings started at about 100 megawatts. They went to 800 megawatts - ultimately went into the range of about 3,000 megawatts. When it got to that range, that's when the system became unstable."

One hundred megawatts is enough to power several huge auto plants; 3,000 megawatts is enough to keep the entire city of Tampa running.

www.miami.com...

For the earlier discussion on the NY ISO...
-B.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Hey, am I crazy or that Eddie Murphy from the Nutty Professor???

I thought the same thing. Nutty resemblence.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Skadi - you bring up some valid arguements, but in my oppinion need to provide more evidence to show that your point is more correct than levellers, although I will admit that Leveller is the perfect kind of cow (To trusting in gov't)

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Skadi - Funny you should mention cattle, check my old post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Just something worth a look at ->

www.joevialls.co.uk...

"As most of the world now knows, at precisely 16:11:09 on Thursday 14 August 2003, every electrical device dependant on overhead or below ground power lines, went completely dead in New York and across most of eastern America and Canada. So sudden was the massive resistance to flow through the eastern electrical grid, that 9 nuclear and 13 other power stations were forced into critical shutdown, and 7oil refineries stalled in the middle of the catalytic cracking process. Within minutes, millions of people felt bewildered and alone, with many suffering severe flashbacks to the events of 11 September 2001."

Just read it.. i have no comments on this.. but as this is "related" to this outage matter it thought that i should post it..

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Levelers and my war stems from other posts. Facts have already been provided by other members on this thread, there is no point in me reposting the same thing.

If Leveler doesnt want people flying off the handle at him, then he shouldnt so sarcastically and subtly call people paranoid idiots simply because they believe the power outage was linked to something bigger.

Leveler has been presented with facts in this posting and other posts. Whether or not he wants to believe it is his decision.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I was travelling across Louisiana last night, on I-20. Going through Monroe was erie as there was no lights at all in the city. A few miles later, in Rayville, I stopped for food, and found out that after I'd gone through Shreveport, the lights went out there as well.

Anybody have any knowledge of this?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
That's kinda freaky,considering how skittish the cattle are getting in the US,it would seem that not letting everyone know these problems are still occurring would be beneficial,or it could have been a car hitting a power pole,who knows?.Kinda wierd though.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   
www.stevequayle.com...

scroll to the bottom... look at the power outages.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
NW NJ there was a brown out the other last night... when i was sitting infront of my house the lights flickered and all the street lamps dimmed for a second.... then when i drove my girl home all the lights were out on the interstate and some traffic lights were blinking... dont know why though

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
NEWS FLASH: Well actually it's old news but did you know that that the bigest blackout ever to hit the eastern seaboard (if not the all of Canada and the u.s.a) was the UNITED STATES OF AMERICAS fault. Thats right for once you can't say sh*t, even your own news stations (NBC, FOX,e.g) confermed that it was one of your "third world" power systems that dismantled it self.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join