It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Power Outage..

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

What is 'Whispers' take on all this?

Well just how disingenuous can we get, MA???

piffle!

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   

...that there were rumours of a fire,then went to a news site which stated that the black smoke someone observed was from the powerplant shutting down it's boilers since there was no place for the power to go anyway,wonder how long it takes to fire up them boilers when the grid is opened back up?.

I wonder what caused the fire? Surely it must not have been a computer glitch. After all, we were reassured a few years ago that "all systems operational" when everything was checked during the Y2K concerns. Remember that?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Valhall

Strangely enough to your ears perhaps, I was being sincere.

A certain post-sabbatical member has 50% +/- 5% convinced me that the quiet murmurs came from an authoritative source.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
All Im going to say is that the ride hasnt begun yet... it was likely delayed simply due to unanticipated publicity from an unnamed website...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Valhall

Strangely enough to your ears perhaps, I was being sincere.

A certain post-sabbatical member has 50% +/- 5% convinced me that the quiet murmurs came from an authoritative source.

Good for you.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is something that Seekerof found.. but ill post it here..

www.wtnh.com...

"It was done as a precaution even though there was no reason to believe there was a threat from the air, the North American Aerospace Defense Command, or NORAD, said in a statement."

Extra CAP:s (COMBAT AIR PATROLs..) as a precaution.. for no reason what so ever?

There is allways a REASON..

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Valhall

As a bit of light relief, I notice your goldfish is back. Make sure you have an alternative cooling and filtering system for the aquarium in case you lose power...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Yep, Uni. It wasnt a terror attack, but planes flying everywhere. they want people to go home and remain calm. yet.........they wont let the tourists, likely victims of crime and exploitation, back in thier hotel rooms to be safe.

And still no word from Detroit, a city to be very concerned about, seeing how they just had some riots early this summer.

Whispers indeed. WWWD? (what would whipsers do)

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There was a peak of 50 million people without electricity.. 1/5 of all US citizens without power..
And there is looting in Ottawa..
Wonder when you Americans start?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
If the Canadians, traditionally better behaved than the short tempred volatile American neighbors, are looting and getting bad, i dont evven wannna think about detroit.

Uni, do u have a link about Ottowa?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
anyone else noting all the talk of the exteme temperatures that arent that extreme, and note how this happened shortly after all the news all over about the people dying from the heat wave in europe....sounds like some good old global warming propaganda to me....

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
No i dont have a link.. but they told it in Finnish tv goverments channel Nro1 news.. They havent lied before.. and aint lying now..
There was something even burning.. they had footage..

HERE:

www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=LHT45HQEY2QV4CRBAEKSFEY?type=worldNews&storyID=3281650

"Radio-Canada, the French-language arm of the CBC, said Ottawa police arrested a man who was trying to loot a store. It did not give further details."

10/26 million Canadians are out of power..

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by Uninen]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I've been trying to access Microsoft with no luck. ATS is refreshing slower than usual. Anyone else experiencing web difficulties?

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by kukla]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
I've been trying to access Microsoft with no luck. ATS is refreshing slower than usual. Anyone else experiencing web difficulties?

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by kukla]

Yeah.
A bunch of different sites are slow or not responding for me.
The Microsoft thing is messed up, though. Why the hell is that down?

-B.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
ATS and Microsoft web sites down or slow. I'm pretty sure this is because so many people are browsing these sites at once and its overloading the sites.

Just look at how many posts there are right now...

The microsoft site is probably down because everyone is trying to update their OS with the fixes because of that worm

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
We currently have 26 members and 39 guests browsing... that is well within the ATS servers ability to service....

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
ATS and Microsoft web sites down or slow. I'm pretty sure this is because so many people are browsing these sites at once and its overloading the sites.

Just look at how many posts there are right now...

The microsoft site is probably down because everyone is trying to update their OS with the fixes because of that worm

If people are scrambling to fix Blaster probs, why aren't Symantec & McAfee slow? Both are running like lightning. Symantec's got the best utility to get rid of Blaster, and it's been downloaded like crazy.
This is just weird.

-B.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
www.f-secure.com...

Why internet is SLOW.. and why MICROSOFT PAGES DONT WORK.. maybe it also crashed the electric grid..

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I dont know if this has been mentioned or not already as I'm too lazy to peruse all of the posts, but does anyone know if there's any type of biological or chemical/nuclear plants within this powergrids reach?? I would assume there is, and perhaps they were smuggling something out and didnt want to be seen?? what better of window to do it huh? so maybe we can expect to see some things in the near future.....

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I dont know how many total, but nuclear power plants have gone offline in 4 states so far.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join