learn more

US Power Outage..

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
Power out at work (right after my last post it went out)

But it came back on at home! How cool is that? These rolling blackouts worked to my advantage!

Maybe Bob has scalar weapons?

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Man,
I see that this thread is turning into a stream of worries about some secret plan to terrify the public... and random exultations of fear..

Well, is it just me, or is this forum the only place where people were getting worked up and scared about this? I mean, the night went by without incident, and every comedian/radio DJ is currently employed making Homer Simpson jokes. The only place I see people who are scared about all this is... here.

Yes, there was probably something else going, and the outage may have covered it, but talking about mass riots and public fear and confusion, at this point, is kinda funny. Yes, many people had their days ruined by this, but talk about the public getting terrified is just not rooted in what is actually going on.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Yes, there was probably something else going, and the outage may have covered it, but talking about mass riots and public fear and confusion, at this point, is kinda funny. Yes, many people had their days ruined by this, but talk about the public getting terrified is just not rooted in what is actually going on.

Don't forget though that "the public" is comprised of many people. So there are bound to be people in NY who suspect this is a cover story, just as there are folks in NY who could care less, or believe that it isn't a cover story.

I'm glad to see that things didn't take a turn for the worse in NY, New Yorkers are a tough but resilient group of people. Ottawa on the other hand has seen some "serious problems".

Anyways, in terms of what is going on... I think there is more than meets the eye, check the following thread for a different theory:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   

We're a superpower with a third-world grid," former energy secretary Bill Richardson told CNN television."

I envy you. Anyone who can be so very trusting and believe everything they are told must be in a state of constant bliss. lol.

I was an electical technican, my job in the army was generator mechanic. Have worked within that field since Ive e=been out of the army. The power grid within the US, while not super advanced, is hardly "third world". lol.

But of course, I dont want to shake you from cattle utopia. graze, listen to the news, believe everything they tell you as absolute truth. Youll be much happier that way. The happiest person around is the slave who doesnt realize hes a slave, or the master whose slaves work blissfully unaware.

Anyway, no power in Detroit till sunday? Say you jest, why are they getting it last? What the hell is the matter with them?

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's their punishment for Eminem.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
People are dropping like flies from the heat in France. Americans are suffering from mere inconvenience and the TV news in Britain is leading with the American story, a whole day after it began!

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Follow the Money, any of you guys think that US government will jack up taxes to fix this situation. Or that the money might go somewhere else. This situation is dangerous for us not the gov't.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
The happiest person around is the slave who doesnt realize hes a slave, or the master whose slaves work blissfully unaware.

And the saddest is the one who jumps at shadows because of ignorance.

Working as a Army wallah has jack to do with the National Grid. That's like saying you can work on Formula 1 Grand Prix because you tinker with cars in your spare time.

I don't know howe many links you need to prove to you that your grid is useless (probably you didn't even read them, otherwise you would notice that some of them date back years). But you turn a blind eye to the biggest conspiracy of all - MONEY.
Face facts. It's what makes the world go around. It's even the basis for 99% of the crap Zionist conspiracy that you spout.
But now when the facts are staring you in the face and MONEY is screaming out it's own name as the reason for this fiasco you conveniently turn a blind eye.
You claim that your NWO is run by big business and then you can't even see the mess that big business has made of the grid since deregulation.
Even a grunt with basic knowledge would know that an electrical system needs maintaining and upgrading - WHICH YOURS BLATANTLY HASN'T!!!

Face facts. Some things are so bloody obvious that fools can't see them.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
It's their punishment for Eminem.

They should get a REWARD for Eminem.. and not Punished for him..

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My mom - who lives in cow country in upstate NY was without power for 5 hours. She was talking to me on her cell phone last night and the power came on as she was talking. Cell phone service is not great where she lives (only 2 traffic lights in the entire town, don't blink or you'll miss it). She was lucky to be able to reach a few people through her crappy cell phone connection - she kept breaking up (can you hear me now? - NO!)

Her office is only about a mile from her house so it was no big deal getting home. There weren't any traffic jams so she was able to drive home and didn't have to abandon her car.

Something to be said for low tech and small towns.

Anytime something like this happens I tell my husband I'm packing it in and moving to the bondacks in western North Carolina. He sells generators so we don't need no stinking power. We have a small generator at our current house in south Florida. Enough to keep the refrigerator going, run water (we're on wells and septic system) and use a few lights. I think we can also keep the AC running. My husband's boss is hoping everyone down here panics and starts buying lots of generators.

Just rambling.

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by Herblady]

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Trucks from the local electric utility have been within sight of my house for the entire day,going from pole to pole doing some kind of maintenance or something,maybe the exact cause of this blackout has been determined,and they are out checking to see if the problem exists in the grid here.
Just making an observation.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I think we can also keep the AC running. My husband's boss is hoping everyone down here panics and starts buying lots of generators

I was a generator mechanic in the army, so I agree with hubbys boss. I hope people panic and buy em too, so Ill finally be able to have a job again!

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You might want to check out any RV (motor home/camper)places in your area,you could make some good money contracting out to fix generators on them,all of the pricey ones have ganerators and the type of systems you would be familiar with.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here's the newest theory: GM plant here in Cleveland (Parma to be exact) causes outage

In an exclusive report, ABC said GM failed to separate from the national electric grid as it was supposed to, sending the problem onto New York.

www.newsnet5.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Its just passing the blame, however the article Bob posted would be a very feasible scenario.

So why was the canadian government so convinced it was lightning hitting niagara...hrmm....

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This was a hot topic..
Some respect to ME for starting this?

Btw.. is there yet any hard facts for what happened.. or is this tread still the best place for seeking the truht?

Because if this is.. that is not a good thing..

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Yes Uni, I will actually give you the credit for starting this thread, seeing how i stopped watching the lies of TV news years ago, and probably wouldnt have even noticed had it not been on here.

No, but thanks for the advice, unbalanced, i wasnt aware RV's were packin generators these days, i thought many of em were switching to solar.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thanks Skandi..
Personally i only watch news for the HUMOR value, as they lie all the time.. or tell these things that they know nothing about.. "selling" themselfs as experts.. or just to see some footage.. (soldiers, weapons, etc..) that i wouldnt see any where else..

Sadly i havent seen anything "cool" about this thing yet.. no damaget "power grid" equipment or nothing..
This makes me wonder.. maybe in couple of years we will have official report on these events.. maybe not..

Hmmm...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Could it be..? Maybe the exercise allready started? With a Outage..

[Edited on 16-8-2003 by Uninen]

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, sadly, Uni, people like Leveler still think the news and govornment never lie to him. I suppose you can find some reports amusing........like when reporters keep mspouting "this had nothing to do with terrorism, but we have no idea what caused it". Lol, and probably people like Leveler will continue to drool and knod, because the TV never lies!

Leveler, years ago, it was outdated. Y2K cost us #loads to update the whole freakin grid. I read your silly links, and unlike you, i dont take anything at face value simply because my govornment/my tv/my mommy told me its true.

Anyway, this blackout and things to come. I am thinnking this was a test of thier new security policies and stuff, see how well thier plans can be enforced. so far, it seems its working.

This is a test of the police state broadcasting system. This is only a test. In the event of an NWO takeover and fascist tyranny, run for the hills.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Yes,
The best way to avoid the lies is to stop watching TV, to stop reading the newspaper, to stop listening to experts, and to only listen to the version of the truth which makes you feel best.

Skadi, there is such a thing as a 'slave' who is old enough to not buy puffed up BS from other slaves... Who knows that, yeah, there's more going on here than what we know, but acting 'tough' and making decisions based on what you want to believe is flat-out dumb. Sure, I know that the media is bogus, but I also know that 'freedom fighters' on the internet are bogus, too... and often without the benefit of a high school diploma.

[Edited on 16-8-2003 by onlyinmydreams]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join