US Power Outage..

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
My question is, how is it that HOMELAND SECURITY has no idea what the heck happened? If this was an actual terrorist attack they would still be sitting around with their billion-dollar thumbs up their asses.

Isn't their whole raison d'etre to identity ALL points of vulnerability in the nation and secure them against attack? Or are they too busy spying on U.S. citizens?

Jakomo

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
......only tells us what they are allowed to tell us,we are spoonfed lies.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Phew. Detroit made it through the night without incedent, according to the Mayor whose on right now. little word, but according to him, nothing happened. he did mention Detroit was the first to implement thier homeland security plans.

But, thankfully, Detroit seems to have made it through the night without burning the city to the ground liek they do on Devils Night. Now i can relax. Motor city accounted for....so far.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I thought that there might be trouble in Detriot by thank god everyone is ok there

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I think that so far the people who were caught up in this have behaved very well indeed. Who said that community spirit in America was Dead? Thank god no one was hurt.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Power is out again now where I live and nearby areas.

I have power here at work
(i'd really like to leave today! quick, help Bob think of an excuse to leave!!!)

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
.....you refer to politicians,the correct reference to them is not he/she,but 'it'.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
Power is out again now where I live and nearby areas.

I have power here at work
(i'd really like to leave today! quick, help Bob think of an excuse to leave!!!)

rush home before the roads get busy

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Looks like the Canuks are looting though.......

However, in Canada, officials reported a number of thefts and looting.

"There is serious looting going on" in parts of Ottawa, said Ottawa police chief Vince Bevan, adding there have been reports of break-ins, smashed windows and theft in the nation's capital.

Ontario declared a state of emergency after the power outage.

www.cnn.com...
go figure

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Looks like the Canuks are looting though

How ironic is that?

Bob, where has the power gone out again???

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I think the power has cut off Bob

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It is odd how people in Ottawa , no less, are looting. I've never been there myself but I thought the people of Ottawa were some of the nicest in Canada. Boy was that ever a kick in Canada's teeth. Oh wait most of us don't have teeth from all that hockey ;-)

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
It is odd how people in Ottawa , no less, are looting. I've never been there myself but I thought the people of Ottawa were some of the nicest in Canada. Boy was that ever a kick in Canada's teeth. Oh wait most of us don't have teeth from all that hockey ;-)

I couldn't believe it when i heard about Ottawa. I thought Detriot and New York would suffer from looting.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Remember the hockey riot? In Toronto, their team lost the stanley cup, the people rioted. know what Canada did? Did they use tear gas? Did they send in riot patrols? Did they try to take control back? NO!!!

THEY CALLED THE US OF A!
They called us to send in people who knew how to handle riots. That was so funny watching the video tapes that were shot of the riot. All these Canuk police running around, then a metal armored van pulls up and here come the American men who take over and take control. The riot lasted about 1 hour after the Americans were called in.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The first indication is reported to have shown up in michigan,the reason is still not clear.
www.usatoday.com...
Kinda rules out a lightning strike,maybe?.
We will probably never really know for sure.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Leveler:

A massive power overload like this? Get real.

There are so many possibilities. Overload unlikely. Power system is not third world.

"We're a superpower with a third-world grid," former energy secretary Bill Richardson told CNN television."

I suggest you get real. Unless, of course you're some sort of electrical technician.
In which case you should resign because you would be unaware of what you are dealing with.

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.cnsnews.com...

www.epanorama.net...

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20030815/ap_on_re_as/blackouts_elsewhere

tis.eh.doe.gov...

www.dukeemployees.com...

Not 3rd world huh? There is no money in maintaining the grid.
That's why it sucks.

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by Leveller]

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hey all. Western NY res here. EVERYTHING was out overnight. I got power about 6 this morning. We are not talking just metro areas. I live in a town of 2000 - 4000 and we were without. MOST of NY state is back up with Rolling Blackouts for conservation. Detroit is not expected to get power before Sunday.

Reports are that the whole system is extremely vulnerable and could collapse again at any minute. All are advised to unplage any unnecessary appliances etc.

This sux, but, we gotta deal. I'm just keeping the guns ready.

(that's it for the local update.)

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So.. i just woke up.. 22:05 here now.. but how about this outage bussines? Was there any riots / looting in US? Or was it only just Canadians that went crazy? And the reasons? Do we still know what caused all this?
Im just watching news.. they say that food is going bad that water is of shot supply..

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hey, am I crazy or that Eddie Murphy from the Nutty Professor???

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Power out at work (right after my last post it went out)

But it came back on at home! How cool is that? These rolling blackouts worked to my advantage!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join