It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article on stealth blimp/UFO connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This page provides an interesting summary of 'stealth/recon' blimp development. Unfortunately, I can't cut and paste a sample of the text because of copyright blockers:
www.dreamlandresort.com...

Basically, it describes a variety of contracts the government has put out to develop high altitude spy airships. Efforts by a variety of companies, especially Lockheed, are covered. The piece also describes a sighting of a UFO from an Air West 727 that sounds suspiciously like a stealth blimp sighting.

Personally, I believe that many UFO sightings are of these craft. Why? Because the technology to build such a platform -- which is perfect for some espionage missions -- has been around for decades. I honestly can't see why the government wouldn't want a craft that can loiter over a target area for weeks, stay far out of the range of enemy fire, and perhaps go undetected.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
well, screw dreamlandresort

I hate trying to read white on black type

sorry...

anyways....spys in the skys , on the corners , on the interstate...don't matter where...cuz it all converges at the same point [ the loss of freedom ]

I think the case for a police state can be made...but that's another thread...

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The slow flying one definately but the ones that zoom up and out of reach in a blink of an eye probably not.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I can copy and paste just fine with Firefox. The pop up that says its copyright comes up, but my right click interface still comes up allowing me to copy.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Sorry friends, but the Ascender was destroyed when the USAF attempted to launch it during a wind storm in Fort Stockton, TX last Summer (2004).

John Powell, the president of JP Aerosapce, the company mentioned in the referenced article suffered at least one cracked rib as a result of the incident. The Air Force officer in charge insisted on attempting the lauch despite warnings from JPA weather monitoring technicians that a tornado was in the immediate vicinity.

Mr. Powell, fearing for the safety of the untrained Air Force ground crew, rushed to their aid and was himself hauled 10FT into the air and was injured when he chose to fall to the ground rather than be carried further aloft as the ship broke free in the high winds before it could be secured.

The remains of the Ascender were recovered by the military, and as it was built under contract to the USAF, the wreckage and debris was released to the Air Force. I understand that the remains were shipped to NM.

Yet another shining example of "Military Intelligence".

My confession? I was one of the original founders of JP Aerospace. I am very familiar with the Ascender project. And from the start of the project, I have suspected, as proposed in the article, that the project was funded as much as a cover story for the military/intelligence complex as it was an R&D project. Pretty simple deduction, really, when you consider that our funding was channelled through a government contracter that also handled various "Black Budget" projects.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hello Bhadhidar, nice to meet you.

Didn't you have to sign a non-disclosure or some other sort of security form? Just curious about how the govt conducts these sorts of things these days.

It is great to have some direct information on this topic from someone who was involved.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
Hello Bhadhidar, nice to meet you.

Didn't you have to sign a non-disclosure or some other sort of security form? Just curious about how the govt conducts these sorts of things these days.

It is great to have some direct information on this topic from someone who was involved.

A.T
(-)

We had the people working for us sign non-disclosure agreements, of course; the Ascender naturally incorporated certain proprietary developments of our own after all.

But remember, the Ascender was a White Budget project for the USAF, so no real secrecy was involved; in fact, I think secrecy would have defeated what I believe to have been at least one purpose of the project, to serve as plausible, public, cover for other, far more exotic and truely secret aircraft.

top topics

join