It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaida attacks since sept 11th

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Im researching into Al Qaida attacks since sept 11th. I've been doing research on the type of attacks. Below is a list on the attacks from sept 11th 2001. (lastest attack is first)

June 7, 2003: Kabul, Afghanistan
Suicide vehicle by Al Qaida

May 15, 2003: Karachi, Pakistan
Time Initiated Devices by Unknown

May 14, 2003: Jibla, Yemen
Grenade by Unknown

May 12, 2003: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Suicide vehicle by Al Qaida

December 5, 2002: Karachi, Pakistan
Package bomb by Al-Qaida

January 23, 2002: Karachi, Pakistan
Kidnapping by Al Qaida

September 11, 2001: United States
Aircraft, Large 747/757/767/A-300 by Al-Qaida

The evil events on sept 11th 2001 just doesn't fit into their group. If they can pull off an attack like that, how come we haven't seen something like that done again? or anything like it before?. An attack on that scale would have been impossible for Al-Qaida to pull off. Now I have two theories to this:

A) Al-Qaida were ignored by secret service and able to plan away and ,with the help of the CIA, were able to pull the attack off. The CIA would help the hijackers get in the country and told the FBI to back of the suspects. Also the CIA would help train the hijackers. This is possible and i have read many theories suggesting something similar.

or

B) It was planned be a "group" of powerful people and Al-Qaida was payed to take the blame. The hijackers would board the plane and NORAD would take control of the planes. Once NORAD had control the planes they would fly the planes into their targets. I believe this theory more because this would explain why the CIA and FBI were able to snap up evidence and suspects very quickly. Also if someone has 6 months flying experince, its impossiable for them to fly a plane like that without years of experience or the help of an instructer.

The attacks after sept 11th are the work of Al-Qaida because if you look at pre sept 11th the attacks are on the same scale as the attacks after sept 11th.

So basicly im saying that sept 11th would be impossible for Al-Qaida without help or they were just the scapegoat for someone else.

(feel free to prove me wrong)

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You make some good points. I always wondered how they were able to pull off the "worst attacks on American soil," and have not been able to do anything remotely close since.

Some may argue that it's because of Bush's policies, but, I mean come on...it's Bush. So that can't be the reason.

What I find funny is the bio and nuclear scares that the administration so pleasantly heaped on us. A terrorist group isn't exactly high tech, and they are going to rely on the most basic of attacks. The way the Bu#es speak of the, you'd think they were some state-of-the-art militant organization...

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
America, Britain, Russia, all the major nations trained on how to fight one another, essentially terrorist organizations are smoke and mirrors. More liquid than solid substance, we were un-prepared to fend of the attack ONCE.

Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me twice, shame on me

We'll see if they can do it again, now we know what they are, who they are, and where they are at, it's just a matter of time until we come down on them, covertly, not publically and end this current terrorist trend.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What make me laugh so much is that Al-Qaida were able to out smart the US government and CIA. This is the worlds super power and the only way i can think a event like this can happen is via Al-Qaida getting help. If all these theories are right, its very,very sad that thousands of people who never done nothing wrong were killed.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Like I said, Dan Rather was able to find Saddam for an interview but the most power nation on earth couldn't, Yeah right.

Didn't Bin Laden have the only cell phone in Aphgan? (sorta) Why couldn't we find this guy?...

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I thought they would find Bin Laden in a matter of months. Do you think they will ever find Bin Laden??

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hell no they won't, atleast not within the next 5-10 years or so.

Which reminds me. When is the last time Bush has mentioned Bin Laden in a speech, or address. It's been awhile hasn't it?...

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Your missing a few but of note worthy is the attack in Jakarta.....which has been "linked" to al Qaeda....

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a while...its been months. His name has been replaced with Saddam and now its "where's Saddam". Bin Laden goes into hiding and release tapes of his voice, Saddam does the same after the war. So when US/UK go after their next target, is that person going in hiding aswell

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thank you, Infinite, for pointing this out. I have tried many times to do so.

Al Qaeda, like any org, has resources and limits. And a certain style. They show a repeat pattern in thier previous attacks, bedfore and after 9/11. They havent pulled anythign huge off since then. Why?

9/11 was simply too sophisticated an operation to pull off by a ragtag bunch of goat herders. It required training, acess to training the general public never sees. It required communication between one another. Planning, organization, skills, and intelligence. So, if Al Qaeda did indeed do this, they had help from someone WAY richer and more powerful, who had easy acess to resources they needed.

i still think one of twpo things:

1. 9/11 was pulled off by them, but with the full knowldge and help of our govornment. Plants. CIA plants, within the org. Pretending to be one of them, assisting and helping them, lowering flags, cutting off investigations, sending them money, getting them hooked up with superior flight training, making sure the airforce stands down, and the govornment cant act when it happens, ect.

Perople dont realize that the CIA knew of these type of plans since 95, when they arrested a guy in conjunction with the 93 WTC bombings, and found kind of a rough draft on his hard drive of the feasability and possibility of using commerical airliners as weapons. The CIA confiscated it. So, what did they do with such knowldge?

2.The people flying the planes were either US gov, or Mossad. Many israelis could pass as arabs without most people knowing, as some Israelis have intermarried with Arabs. Some Jews, true Semites, could easily pass as Arab, since that part of the world has had much intermarriage, and most people might not know the difference. I have seen quite a few very dark Israelis.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Skadi_the_Evil_Elf i agree with you a 100%. When you look at the whole picture, theres too many things to say it wasn't Al Qaida on their own. The help of the CIA is most likely because the have the money and the power to do something like this. As for you secons point, i haven't heard any theories like that before, but it does fit and is very possible. The only reason we know the hijackers were Al Qaidia members is by CNN saying "this is them on CCTV" at the airports.

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
whispers say look to seattle area,
al qaida hates krispy kremes.
bin laden is in hiding.
whispers say to look for him at 7 - 11.
off of crenshaw.

color condition muave.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
bin laden is in hiding.
off of crenshaw.

color condition muave.

Sir, I must remind you that we updated the updated color condition. It is now tepid pink!

That is all.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Your missing a few but of note worthy is the attack in Jakarta.....which has been "linked" to al Qaeda....

Well you could class the Bali bombing as Al Qaeda too if you use the same logic. In reality though, the atrocities in the Far East were undertaken by groups who align themselves with Al Qaeda as it tends to get them noticed by our media a bit more and publicises their causes.
Also, don't forget that Al Qaeda is not a terrorist organisation in the usual sense. It contains loosely aligned organisations that will use it's name when it suits their purposes at the time.

Infinite. You had an A and B as an indicator as to why Al Qaeda has not been able to perpetrate any more mass atrocities such as 9/11.
I can offer you a C.

It is quite possible that the organisation has not been able to carry out a further attack due to events in Afghanistan and elsewhere in the Middle East. The destruction of their Taleban backers would definitely have hit them very hard. Couple this with the major crackdown by Saudi Arabian and Pakistan authorities upon militants and it is possible that the organisation has been wounded enough to mean that a large scale operation has not been feasible.

Intelligence services in the West and elsewhere, have calculated that they have managed to foil literally hundreds of attacks (the bombing of Big Ben in London immediately springs to mind).
But just because another 9/11 has not taken place does not mean that Al Qaeda are not a threat any more and the war against this organisation is run on a day to day basis which encompasses the world.

You underestimate them drastically if you believe that Al Qaeda was unable to perpetrate 9/11 without Western backing. As any Intelligence Officer will tell you - it's hard enough knowing who your enemy is. It's even harder knowing where he is and what he is up to right now.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shining Wizard

Originally posted by Fury
bin laden is in hiding.
off of crenshaw.

color condition muave.

Sir, I must remind you that we updated the updated color condition. It is now tepid pink!

That is all.

Are you absolutely sure? It does involve changing the bulb...

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Look at the evidence, CIA reject MI6 claims that an attack on America is coming. FBI are told to "back off" Bin Laden by the CIA. The CIA knew of Al Qaida members in the US. The CIA trained Al Qaida members in afghansitan and built them camps in afghansitan.

Don't get me wrong, Al Qaida are a powerful group, but not powerful to pull off an event like sept 11th with out the help of wealthy people with alot of power. Those people are CIA

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
One must remember, that Bin Laden and company were CIA trained in counter-insurrgence and other anti-establishment attacking methods. He has the money, now whether it originally came from the CIA to front the Afganistan/Russia conflict or it came from his own familyn will never really be known. It did not take nearly as much effort as you think it did. If you got 16 of us together, paid for our living and gave us one mission we had to carry out, don't you think we could get it done? Especially if your trainers were the same gentlemen who got assistance from D.E.L.T.A. force, CIA cover ops, and the Navy S.E.A.L.S? It's surely not as hard as you are playing it up to be, trust me.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I do see where your coming from and understand your view, but i just find it hard to believe. Al Qaida would find it very hard to attack a country like America without inside help. America is the worlds superpower and i doubt Al Qaida could work under the nose of the CIA,FBI and NSA. CIA knew about these events years before sept 11th. If they knew, why the hell didn't they stop it??

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Do you know how many workers, planes, and travelers there are in the air at any minute in the United States? The numbers are staggering to say the least, it's easy to say the CIA knew about it, they probably did, but how can you possible have expected them to react PRE-9/11, they simply weren't prepared.

I am not saying they didn't get help, people can be bought, anyone can be bought. Someone is still trying to get a good nights rest thinking about the 3000 people that died because he let somebody though with a box cutter for a couple of hundered dollars.

_the Wiz

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The intelligent services should sit down and work out what went wrong (thats if they wasn't involed in the plan) and make damn sure nothing like this ever happens again. 3000 didn't deserve to die on that day and had nothing to with Al Qaida or CIA. If this is just some global plan for power, i think its sick that 3000 people lost their lives for no reason.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join