It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conclusive proof John Titor is a fraud

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The name 'John Titor' regularly crops up in conversation on this board, and his name arises, quite often, in subjects that specifically that are not initially about him but a poster feels he needs to be brought into the conversation for one reason or another. More often than not i keep reading "John Titor has been proven fake so shhh..." or "John Titor has been thoroughly debunked" - meaning that John Titor cannot be used as an argument or example in any subjects. We should stop referring to John Titor and that people are generally fed up of hearing about John Titor.

Where is this conclusive proof and debunking that has taken place?

I may have missed a lot, but i haven't read any conclusive proof that he is a fake. Has someone found out his pictures have been photoshopped? Did his IP address get traced back to some kids house in the US and it get revealed to everyone that he is actually just a big fake? Did some famous author come forward to reveal it was them all along?

Please shed some light on this guys... and if we can't, can we please not disregard subjects simply because they have been talked about before?

[edit on 18-6-2005 by paranoia]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If there is no civil war in U.S this year,no WW3 in 2015 then titor is fake.But i must say that there is much restlessness in U.S after bush won in 2004.Plus mad cow disease and cern developing black holes and now this
news.bbc.co.uk...
titor said that you can only travel back in time for 60 yrs and then you would have to start it again but would cause divergence issues.

[edit on 18-6-2005 by warthog911]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Conclusive proof John Titor is a fraud...hmmm

and where is the conclusive proof he is real? let me answer that question...none.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
If there is no civil war in U.S this year,no WW3 in 2015 then titor is fake.But i must say that there is much restlessness in U.S after bush won in 2004.Plus mad cow disease and cern developing black holes and now this
news.bbc.co.uk...
titor said that you can only travel back in time for 60 yrs and then you would have to start it again but would cause divergence issues.

Civil war in the US this year? Ok, if that is a factor then sounds like this Titor guy is a fake. I won't speak for WWIII as I am sure that will occur sometime in the future and just about anyone can predict that. The US has suffered through more unrest than political stuff so no this will not toss us into some civil war. There are not states ganging up against each other. As always and as with any country there are groups and pockets of unhappy people that want change which is perfectly normal on this planet.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

Very interesting read...

I don't agree completely with it though...I still think that one can change the past...However, that person would create a new time line instead...and will not affect the present that person came from...So he/she go back to his or her time, nothing will change...unless he/she goes back to the new created present time line...

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
We don't need to prove John Titor is real, just like we don't need to prove john titor is fake - that's the whole point of debate. My point is that if we have neither of these in the equation then we CANNOT rule out conversation, or say either way whether he is a reliable source or point of reference in a subject. So many seem to rule him out, yet there is no conclusive proof that we should do this. The same applies the other way.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Thank You Original Poster! May your days be merry and bright!

Some people need to start to pay attention. I wish Titor didn't say he was a timetraveler. He could have said he was a prophet or something...then maybe people wouldn't have the initial hesitation to listen to what he said was in our future.

He made these predictions a long time ago... you could even say it was a different era, because the world has changed so much since pre-9/11.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

If there is no civil war in U.S this year,no WW3 in 2015 then titor is fake.

That would be an absolutely errant statement - and to make it would prove you haven't studied the issue.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Altho I have taken this Titor story with a grain of salt, I feel I must point out that he said that his presence has caused some things to change (I seem to remember him commenting on sports and how different teams were winning).

This statement however goes against what is stated by the BBC in the link provided by warthog911. It simply could be that such a statement was a way of covering his backside in the event that his predictions didn't come true.

I read this Titor story quite some time ago and it is my apology if he indeed did not say anything like the above.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Memorialday1999: That is the most intelligent, realistic writing I have ever seen regarding time travel. Anyone who knows about quantam physics knows this makes perfect sense and explains alot if not all of the pardox issues associated with time travel.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia
The name 'John Titor' regularly crops up in conversation on this board, and his name arises, quite often, in subjects that specifically that are not initially about him but a poster feels he needs to be brought into the conversation for one reason or another. More often than not i keep reading "John Titor has been proven fake so shhh..." or "John Titor has been thoroughly debunked" - meaning that John Titor cannot be used as an argument or example in any subjects. We should stop referring to John Titor and that people are generally fed up of hearing about John Titor.

I may have missed a lot, but i haven't read any conclusive proof that he is a fake. Has someone found out his pictures have been photoshopped? Did his IP address get traced back to some kids house in the US and it get revealed to everyone that he is actually just a big fake? Did some famous author come forward to reveal it was them all along?

Please shed some light on this guys... and if we can't, can we please not disregard subjects simply because they have been talked about before?

[edit on 18-6-2005 by paranoia]

Oh come on now. Reflect on what's been going on in internet the last few years: everybody spews out weird stories concerning other worlds, time travel, pseudo-science etc. It's like 100 years ago, with fairies replaced by time travellers and grammas telling stories replaced by clever posters.

And science has not gone anywhere near to the point of understanding gravity and quantum mechanics, let alone create time machines out of singularity wormholes.

If John Titor was not a fake, then he certainly wanted to pass a message around. But my money is on another guy having internet fun.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia

Proof of fake... this picture:

Titor, "This is a picture taken in the fall of 2035 during my training. It shows my instructor beaming a handheld laser outside the vehicle during operation. The beam is being bent by the gravitational field produced outside the vehicle by the distortion unit. The beam is visible through smoke that is coming from his cigar."

From here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Simple. He's a fake.

Reason: Why is the "gravitational field" only bending the laser light and nothing else? It just doesn't work that way.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord:

Although it has been a while since I read the Titor archives, from what I recall of them, I believe he mentioned that the metal shell of the car created a magnetic "zone" in that everything inside this zone (ie in the car) isn't affected while everything outside the shell is affected by the electromagnetic field...simlilar to how UFO's work really - the magnetic field "takes" to the metalic shell (usually containing an amount of magnesium and other metals) as the protection layer for the occupants and, as such, no G's are experienced

Cheers

JS

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Proof of fake... this picture:

Titor, "This is a picture taken in the fall of 2035 during my training. It shows my instructor beaming a handheld laser outside the vehicle during operation. The beam is being bent by the gravitational field produced outside the vehicle by the distortion unit. The beam is visible through smoke that is coming from his cigar."

Reason: Why is the "gravitational field" only bending the laser light and nothing else? It just doesn't work that way.

Refer to the highlighted anti ignorence citation above for clarification

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So if this field is strong enough to bend light, why doesn't it affect the cigar smoke?

And wouldn't it also bend the light rays that are being back scattered by the smoke before they get back to the car?

In other words, the beam of light is being bent as it leaves the car, but when the light rays are backscattered by the smoke particles, why do they travel a straight path back to the car?

(they have to be traveling a straight path back, that is what shows the beam as bieng bent.)

[edit on 19-6-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
HowardRoark:

>So if this field is strong enough to bend light, why doesn't it affect the cigar smoke?

If the passenger blew smoke into the gravitational field then the only smoke we see is the smoke that the light is passing through. Anyway, who say's it's not

>And wouldn't it also bend the light rays that are being back scattered by the smoke before they get back to the car?

You're probably right. If that is the case then the beam, in reality, is only bending in an arc equal to half of what we actually see. I haven't got a gravity field modifier handy so I can only go on theory here

>In other words, the beam of light is being bent as it leaves the car, but when the light rays are backscattered by the smoke particles, why do they travel a straight path back to the car?

They aren't. What you are seeing is a "modified" light beam (see above).

>(they have to be traveling a straight path back, that is what shows the beam as bieng bent.)

Not necessarily so.

Think about this: If you stand at the edge of a pool and look at the bottom on the other side of the pool, can you see the bottom? Of course you can - the image that our eye detects is from the surface and this is slightly bent due to refraction.

If what you say is true then we wouldn't be able to see the bottom of a pool...or through a lens...or through a prism
All these things modify light in some way.

Cheers

JS

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace

Yes... all light, not just one thin beam. The door, smoke, etc. should be similarly distorted.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I've always felt that Titor was a fake. It's probably someone very bored and created a fraud that was interesting because of its prophecies, somewhat like the modern day Nostradomas from the future.

We'll see this year and the following year if anything happens.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
SkepticOverlord:

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by jumpspace

Yes... all light, not just one thin beam. The door, smoke, etc. should be similarly distorted.

Wrong!

If you read my post correctly and also the quote below the picture you posted...AND the very funny sarcastic highlight by ktprktpr directed at you, you would see this. Titor says (as per the quote YOU posted):

"The beam is being bent by the gravitational field PRODUCED OUTSIDE the vehicle by the distortion unit."

So, this being the case; the door, smoke and EVERYTHING ELSE you see INSIDE the shell of the vehicle would be seen as normal - they would NOT be distorted.

Sorry for shouting in some parts but I wouldn't have if you actually read my posts correctly.

Cheers

JS

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This "beam of light" looks just like flexible/semi-flexible neon tubing used in PC case mods.

And yes, at the end is a housing which produces the initial charge (before anyone says "but he's holding the pointers' battery pack).

Just an observation.

Go to any online PC mod forum/store and these will be seen in all fashions, even just like this one.

I guess one could "measure the con" in a man, by how many people defend him? heh

Misift

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join