It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK : 11 year old raped by `happy slappers`.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Police are investigating claims that an 11-year-old girl was raped by teenage boys who filmed it on a mobile phone.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Three boys were arrested in connection with the rape allegation, Scotland Yard said. They were bailed until 12 July.

Why were they bailed???? Let them in jail with the big boys....see who gets raped.

The attack is said to have been carried out by two boys, aged 14, at an address in north London on 25 April.

14 huh.....he'll get a slap on the wrist, that's all. If guilty, he deserves death....treat him like an adult.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Dammit, this is pathetic!
Yeah, why were they bailed? They can at least be detained.
The British youths disgust me sometimes. The kids in general here have very little dignity and respect.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hmmm, things are reported as getting worse in this country, for sure. I still can't decide if it really is as bad as we are told.

Anyways, heres a video of a 'happy-slapper' falling out of a car and hitting the bumper of a stationary car.

Unfortunate
(Hope this works)

Don't worry, its not gruesome. Apparently he died later.

(Edit to fix link...I hope)

[edit on 18-6-2005 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan

alternachips.free.fr...
(Hope this works)

Don't worry, its not gruesome. Apparently he died later.

I got a link to a Jim Carrey movie.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Khieu
That link points to a Jim Carrey movie trailer. What gives?

I've seen the video you're talking about, it's very funny, and can be found on ebaums for those whose interest has been piqued.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
*Bleep*...gonna have to dig it out again.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
What the hell are the students in the school doing?

I know if I got some sort of clip like that, or one of my friend's did.

I'd beat the **** out of the sender.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I say,

If I am the Father of this Poor 11-Year old Girl, I dont know what would I do to these 14-year old Boys.

One thing is For Sure - They Wouldnt Pee Normal until the End of Their Lives.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is a real big concern here in the UK and its not getting any better,

Many many storys are coming out and mobile vids getting in the hands of police and school teachers.

Only last week there was a story here of a women who was burned inside her flat due to these happy slappers bullying the man in the flat below her, they set fire to his flat while recording it on there mobile phone, The women above the flat died due to smoke.

My only concern about this is.... Is the media almost making this more of a trend by reporting this new trend???

Or is it better to get it all out in the open?

But what ever way i really think they need to set a major example to the ones who are doing this,

I think a VERY harsh sentance would hopefully prevent others..

heres just a few news storys on them in the UK

Girl Shot In Happy Slapping Attack

TV Stars Girlfriend Was Happy Slapped

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You know, if Brits had a right to own a firearm, I guarantee you this happy slapping crap would have never gotten beyond the first couple people. This is what happens when Brits can't have a weapon and then ganged up on by a teenage mob. Maybe Brits need to start carrying around swords. Cause it sure seems like the police aren't doing anything.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ok... I've not been following the "Happy salpping" stories but I do know one thing.

Everybody, especially the media, needs to stop calling it "happy slapping" making it sound all innocent.

It's assault, arson, vandalism and many other things... none of them "happy".

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Everybody, especially the media, needs to stop calling it "happy slapping" making it sound all innocent.

Thats my thoughts on this, I think by having this thing named its almost making the name trendy,

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hey thats a good point about labelling it with that name. You are right, setting it apart is probably only helping make it fashionable, and aiding the growth of this disgusting trend!

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamuhnMaybe Brits need to start carrying around swords. Cause it sure seems like the police aren't doing anything.

Maybe that would help.
Just chop the heads off of a couple of 'happy slappers' and it might reduce the trend a bit.

I'm not being sarcastic either

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There is also a rumour doing the rounds that the video that was shot , is now on the internet , somewhere.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
You know, if Brits had a right to own a firearm, I guarantee you this happy slapping crap would have never gotten beyond the first couple people. This is what happens when Brits can't have a weapon and then ganged up on by a teenage mob. Maybe Brits need to start carrying around swords. Cause it sure seems like the police aren't doing anything.

Ah, I hate to say this...but that wouldn't help a darn thing.

All we'd see would be even worse violence.

Two things I believe we need are:

Better parenting, and better support for parents:: Whilst I'm not directly blaming the parents for the actions of their kids, it can't be denied that parents are directly responsible for influencing how their children respond and behave to certain stimuli. Yes, there are exceptions. There always are. But the majority of kids who are doing this (on both sides of the Atlantic, actually) are found in households where parenting skills are perhaps less than wonderful, and perhaps more tragically, where the parents have often come from violent backgrounds themselves. That, and there's a disturbing trend for parents wanting to be the best friends of their kids. This should not be the case - kids need parents to be parents, and they need limits, rules, and fair and consistent discipline. Parenting is a 24/7 job - it's not something that can be substituted by buying your kids cellphones and name-brand clothing. You can be a friend to your child, but you can't expect to be the parent and the best friend.

More action taken against bullying, in schools. I cannot count the tragic number of children who resort to extreme measures (bullies have often been bullied in their pasts; that's not even touching on the suicides) because the schools - for various reasons, some of them valid, some of them less so - did not act appropriately or efficiently. We need to allow our schools to take action when it's appropriate, and quit threatening lawsuits when Johnny is suspended because he beat up Sally.

Arming the general populace will only lead to the general populace having better tools to create their havoc; it doesn't teach anything about appropriate behaviour or response, and it certainly doesn't teach anything about conflict resolution.

Gah - this turned into a much longer post than I'd intended. But yeah - we're largely responsible for creating an environment where kids are going around doing this stuff. It's up to us to fix it.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I definitely agree that better parenting is needed. But at the same time, it seems the Brits have no way of protecting themselves from these mobs. And it is that, which I was addressing. But, going to the root of the problem, your solution would help.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
You know, if Brits had a right to own a firearm, I guarantee you this happy slapping crap would have never gotten beyond the first couple people.

You're right. Then they would have 'happy shooting'. Much better.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is why countries cant outlaw firearms, in america somebody would have shot these kids.

<<   2 >>

join