It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jediism - The Jedi Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have a question.Is there anyone in Jediism who looks like yoda or is yoda??
......just joking.

I would like to read alot more about this. I feel a google search coming on

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just for the sake of making things easier - a Google search for "Jediism" doesn't yield much (except for my site - Daye's Meditation Chamber...hehe...). I do have some more links that are similar in nature to Jediism:
The Force Academy - This group is closer to RPG than Jediism, though.
JEDI

Eventually, Jediism's main forums will be up and running again, and its interest level will rise with you all, I'm sure. Anyway, have fun (and no, nobdoy is or looks like Yoda lol)!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
ok cool thanx for the interesting things on jediism

*sighs* if only they had yoda

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOBO
Prank - Just because Jediism isn't related to Star Wars (except for the name "Jedi" and "Force"), does that mean I'm not allowed to be a SW fan?
Also, the font is fine for most of us - maybe you need to change the settings of your web browser
Or Copy-Paste it into Word or Notepad.

hmm i guess if they're anything like you and arent concerned about making sure as many people can read their site as possible....i guess they dont care that much. and since they dont, i dont care enough to want to read it now.

bad attitude to have when you're trying to get a new religion off the ground.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The way of the Jedi is the way of the Toltec....

www.etlife.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Gotta agree with some of the others... the font size needs to be 10 or 12 point.

...unless one of the tests of the religion is having eyesight good enough to read 8 point font. My current vision's 20/700 (qualifies as blind if I don't wear contacts or glasses) and I have a lot of trouble with it.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Does Jediism have gods and devils??

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Not Jediism itself, infinite. However, we have Christian-Jedi, etc. - and they have their own demons and such.
To the Jedi, the Force is a form of "God". It is described by some as " the golden thread of Light that ties together the truths of every major religion, philosophy, and meditative path", while others see it as the "God" of Jediism; while the Christian-Jedi see the Force and God as the same thing.
I see the Force as the "God" of Jediism, personally.

[Edited on 14-8-2003 by LOBO]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Any idea when the message boards will be up again?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
cool. Do you think Jediism will ever have a good amount of members? like 100,000s or even hit the 1 million mark?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have no idea when the forum will be up again. I wish things would hurry up, though. I'm missing the forum

I believe that Jediism could reach very high numbers in members - but the number of people we get isn't my concern as much as the type of people we get is.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
cool, are starwars fans welcome to join?
i might join, sounds a lovely religion

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sure thing; although it won't be worth much until the forums get back up. Truth is, most (if not all) of us are Star Wars fans.
Feel free to join - that goes for everyone.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
thanx for all the information about Jediism, i have learnt soo much

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Wait, so is it true that you DONT need to give up your current religion to be a Jedi?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RamenSaurus
Wait, so is it true that you DONT need to give up your current religion to be a Jedi?

Exactly, Ramen. It's not required at all. Like I said, we accept other religions a bit more easily than most. However, if your beliefs are violent or "evil", then you ARE required to give those beliefs up to be a "true Jedi". I, however, have no other religious affiliation other than Jediism; though I do study Buddhism and Taoism, and use those teachings more than anything else in my life.
I am strictly a Jedi...nothing else....hehe

[Edited on 14-8-2003 by LOBO]

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   

However, if your beliefs are violent or "evil", then you ARE required to give those beliefs up to be a "true Jedi".

Yep, then you'd be a "Sith"...

Oddly enough, Jedism is pretty close to my personal beliefs... If only it didn't have the stigma of "fiction" attached to it...*sigh*

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
i still think yoda and lighsabers would make the religion even better
i shall become a jedi now

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'll be waiting to see your posts (once the forum is back up, that is), infinite.

Anymore questions (just leaving the door open)?

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
does any of the members look like people from star wars

right serious question now, Do you have meeetings? religious holidays, etc?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join