It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jediism - The Jedi Religion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
we'll have words when you start dissin' Star Wars....

Sure, I've always wondered why they made a beeline for the secret Rebel base, when Leia knew they were being tracked....
But you can't deny that Star Wars, for many of us, who saw it in the theaters, as kids, it totally changed our outlook on life, and movies have never been the same since....

Remember who Leia was. Without the plans to the death star they were stuffed anyway. You under estamate the force. Sometimes you have to take risks!

Some believe in higher selves. Some believe in spirit guides. All are from the great spirit. It is the source of all positive insperation. The colective consiousness is real it is bound by the first law. If you guys come up with a good joke in the USA it will end up down under quite quick. We are all connected in a very mysterious way. I do not believe in chance,coincidence,luck or accidents there have been to many of these things in this life. Iam sorry, I am sorry I refuse to believe I could have lived this life without master yoda. I gained more spiritualy from the Empire Strikes Back than 17 long hard years at church.

May God Be with Ye!

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 06:50 AM
link   
WOOOHOOO, ill join as long as i can be on the DARKSIDE, my weapon can be light-nunchucks

i can be apprentice darth-blade...

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Remember who Leia was. Without the plans to the death star they were stuffed anyway. You under estamate the force. Sometimes you have to take risks!

Point is, they could have stopped off on a nearby planet, changed ships, and still accomplished the mission of delivering the plans of the Death Star to the Rebellion, WITHOUT leading the Empire straight to the secret base!
It's just the one major oversight that I've always wondered about, hehe.....

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I CHALLENGE ALL OF THEE WHO FOLLOW THE LIGHT PATH TO A DUEL!!! LIGHT VS. DARK!!! MAUAHAHAHA MY LIGHT SABRE SHALL SEVER YOUR LIGHT POONANNY SKULLS MAUAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
No sieriously why didnt you make a name up like Knights Of The Maxim Or something Why Jediism NO ONE WILL TAKE YOU SIERIOUSLY. I dont get it... Its freaking crazy in 2 words... Why not call yourselfs the Taoism Knights... SOMETHING... ANYTHING... Why the Jedis... The religion isnt that bad just think you should adopt a new name....

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
What I find funny is that religion is more thought of as a "cool" thing, than actually being a way to spiritual enlightenment.

I bet you that if light sabers existed, and the "force" powers did also, Jediism members would increase in the hundreds of thousands by the end of the year...

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I heard about this some time ago well ok lol as long as they get the same light saber as the boy that killed his grandmother in the uk. Hey I might switch over

Falcon

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
What I find funny is that religion is more thought of as a "cool" thing, than actually being a way to spiritual enlightenment.

I bet you that if light sabers existed, and the "force" powers did also, Jediism members would increase in the hundreds of thousands by the end of the year...

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

You're absolutely right; and it ain't a good thing. Anyway, this has turned into a "Star Wars" discussion, and nothing more really... when there are any real questions about Jediism, I'll be happy to answer them - but until then, I'll just ignore most of the "Star Wars" posts.

As for the question pertaining to joining Jediism:
To join, click here. However, currently, the forum is experiencing major downtime, and one cannot "officially" join until the forum is back up. That does not stop you from following the 21 Maxims, and reading the main page some more. That's what I did for a month before I finally joined officially.
Once the forum is back up, you'll be able to let us all know about it. Until then, have fun, and E-mail mewith any specific questions you have.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beaverman
I CHALLENGE ALL OF THEE WHO FOLLOW THE LIGHT PATH TO A DUEL!!! LIGHT VS. DARK!!! MAUAHAHAHA MY LIGHT SABRE SHALL SEVER YOUR LIGHT POONANNY SKULLS MAUAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
No sieriously why didnt you make a name up like Knights Of The Maxim Or something Why Jediism NO ONE WILL TAKE YOU SIERIOUSLY. I dont get it... Its freaking crazy in 2 words... Why not call yourselfs the Taoism Knights... SOMETHING... ANYTHING... Why the Jedis... The religion isnt that bad just think you should adopt a new name....

I just saw this post. While I agree that Jediism does stir up some controversy, we have that name because we expand on the sayings of the fictional Jedi - and you have to admit that there are worse paths to choose other than that of the Jedi.

Not to try and undermine you, but you're suggested name "Knights of the Maxim" is a bad one, in my opinion. The definition for "Maxim": A succinct formulation of a fundamental principle, general truth, or rule of conduct. "Knights of the Rules"? Don't think so...

Jediism isn't about recruiting. If somebody doesn't take us seriously based on a name, and not on actions, then it is unlikely that they would take us seriously even were we to take a different name.
If you're going to generalize based on a name, and not take someone serious because of it, you are discriminating. If you would do this, why not assume that all men named "Forrest" are unintelligent, and all women named "Jenny" are destined to be in love with a man named "Forrest", based on the name?

I don't know if I've explained this in the way I meant...but I hope it will suffice until I can find a way to properly phrase it...

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It has taken longer than expected, but Jediism has finally resolved their forum problem. That's the good news.

The bad news is that the forum totally crashed, resulting in the loss of every post made. So we have to start anew. However, I invite each of you who are interested to join, and move ahead with us:
www.jedireligion.org...
By the way, my name at Jediism is "Daye"

Hope to see some of you there.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
do you have "jedi knights" running around saving people. That would be so coool!

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hey Daye sent me this link.

You guys have asked some pretty good questions. Since I am also a member of the forum I can answer any questions you got.

As for the name of Jediism. I do believe that the HC chose it because of the symbolic nature of the word Jedi.

What picture do you get when you hear the word, Jedi? Besides the light sabers and the force powers. Isn't the image you get that of someone who conquerors themselves, who knows their weaknesses and strengths, and can stare down their own fear?

To me the image I get is that of someone who believes in right and that justice is not just a meaningless word. It means that if we believe that good things will happen they will happen if we work to make it happen.

A sole person standing up against what they believe is wrong and trying to do good in a world that doesn't necessarily want to change things. That to me is what a Jedi is.

And Jediism is the way of the Jedi. But I believe myself more to the Jediist point of view. I am not a star wars fan. Yes you heard me I don't follow the books or talk about so and so and what all they did, nor do I do rpgs. Frankly in my opinion Indiana Jones is better.

But the symbolic nature of all that happens in the movie kept me from hating it. It is a good movie and I will admit that. And Yoda is cool. But it was not enough to make me go and buy the books and talk about the code and that jazz.

The symbolic message in the movie could be that no matter what one has done in life as long as one believes that one can do good again one can be forgiven, i.e. Darth Vadar. Look at what all he did and still in the end he became a Jedi once more. As long as we believe that we can do something what is stopping us from doing it?

Anyways I think I rambled on too much. If you guys got questions about Jediism I can answer them as well as Daye/LOBO can.

I also suggest that you go to our homepage www.Jediism.org... as it can answer a lot of your questions as well.

And as Daye pointed out our forum is back online. And you are all welcome to come by and check it out. But since it has only just been back a few days it will not be the bustling philosophical haven it once was for another week or so when all the members return to it.

So I guess that is it. See ya when I see ya.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'll help answer any questions people have too. Although I haven't studied the way of the jedi as much or for as long as the Logos and akemaRiver(sp), I hope that I may be of some help.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
I really hope the world does not see the rise of a serious religion which sprang from a poorly developed, hacknied work of putrid fiction which is not even as sophisticated as the Saturday movie serializations it was copied from.
-sigh-
It seems not any more realistic than this:
www.dianaqueenofheaven.com...

What is bad about the character of Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon-Jin or Yoda. Are they immoral so that any religion that strives to achieve, within its members, the same ideals that these fictional characters achieved....is it a bad religion
1.)they are not immoral
2.)so then what is bad with this religion.

The religion is not based on the movie as a whole. It is based on what these characters were and: How would we achieve to that level? Through the course of the formation of this religion, People searched for an answer and found it in many different religions.

[Edited on 5-9-2003 by TheManWithThePlan]

oui

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does anyone else see "bumping" posts as a pretty LAME thing to do? If the thread is not ontop, or on a different page alltogether, it means no one else has anything else to contribute to it, or the information is simply STALE allready. This is the second time this post has been bumped allready... if its meant to die, it dies... don't floss a dead horse. If someone wants to find the thread because its not ontop, or on the first page... then use the search button... thats what its there for...

Propaganda - ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to help further ones cause... -Websters.

Its no better than propaganda really... you just might as well print this thread out 4000 times, and toss it from a plane so everyone can see it now! Get my point?

Anyhow thats just the way I look at it, and I know that no one is forcing me to read this thread, but I just felt like sharing this view of mine... I'm just using this thread to share this view scince it was the most recently bumped thread in this section of the forum... Heck, I ain't even a moderator so don't even listen to me if you don't want too... I'm just complaining anyhow. Just keep in mind though... if you are gonna bump, is the information really THAT interesting, that its "bump worthy"... If someone really wants to know more... they'll ask... Whatever I'm just complaining, and I apologize. Perhaps you all won't feel the exact same way about bumping that I do... maybe someone else does... who knows... either way bumping is, and will always be, lame... to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Lame and its getting tiresome.....

This is a religion and spiritualim board please stay on topic. Valuable space is being abused please note that will not be tolerated.

Post which were simply prepared to bump the topic to the top have been deleted, would ask that it not happen again.

[Edited on 6-9-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
My apologies, I didn't know that "bumping" was such a big turn-off around here. I'm used to doing it on other forums...didn't think it would cause this big of a problem.

Again, my apologies.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
im signing up to the forum now and infinite is on his way to become a jedi (that sounds so cool)

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
plain Jediists=AGNOSTICS

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have one question. Did this religion exist before Star Wars? If so, I know it surely became much more popular after the fact.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
I have one question. Did this religion exist before Star Wars? If so, I know it surely became much more popular after the fact.

It depends on from which perspective you see things. As I stated earlier - twice, I believe, the path of Jediism (Buddhism, Taoism, etc.) is well over 5,000 years old. In this sense, yes, Jediism is older than Star Wars, from one point of view.

From another, the name "Jedi" in the context it is used today is only as old as Star Wars - and yes, Jediism was first formed as a RPG in the 70s, but in more recent times, we have become more serious about our spiritual path. So, Jediism is both 5,000 years old, and 30 years old.

I guess I should answer in a less vague way: Jediism itself, as it is today, is only as old as Star Wars, but the beliefs it is founded on are much older (in the same way that Wicca is very much a new religion, but the beliefs behind it are quite old).

Have I answered your question to your liking?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join