It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jediism - The Jedi Religion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I suppose. In other words, it sounded like a neat idea on Star Wars. If I was religious, I guess that would have to be my religion.
There may be a "force", but I'm quite convinced no one has the power to control it, if so.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I want a light saber and to be like Budda - He kicks butt... As for the mind control thingy - I could pick up a lot of dates that way.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Now that I think about it, this almost borders on Gnosticism.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nepok
I want a light saber and to be like Budda - He kicks butt... As for the mind control thingy - I could pick up a lot of dates that way.

I don't want to rain on your parade or anything but Buddha did not "Kick Butt" in the literal meaning of "Butt Kicking". He most certainly would have no use for a lightsaber either, atleast not for fighting anyway.

If you are looking for the "Enlightend Warrior" or "Fighting Monk" WAY you should look more toward Shaolin. They have adopted a different and more appropriate(in your case) WAY than traditional Buddhist Ways but without losing any of the traditional meanings.

As for Jedi Practices I would agree they have obvious similar ideals as Buddhist, Taoist, ect...They too I would consider to be more on the Shaolin method than traditional method also. The traditional way being such a passive and non-combative practice did not stand much of a chance against those who disagreed violently. Not only that but all that traditional "Sitting and Meditation" didn't exactly produce much Physical ability and was another reason for why the Shaolin came to be.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Now that I think about it, this almost borders on Gnosticism.

Yup, Jediism borders on many beliefs already in existance.

Just thought I should make a statement: For personal and political reasons, I have chosen to leave Jediism, but I still carry the Jedi beliefs with me. I will still be happy to answer any questions you may have.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It looks like now there's a religion based on The Matrix.

www.geocities.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Matrixism: the path of the One

The Jedi religon is way better though.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
.... do jedi's have a temple?

While Jedi's may not yet have an official temple of their own, the Unitarian Universalists Association (at least in the US) welcomes them and gives them meditation and ceremonial space.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
you have to be a real idiot to pracitce a stupid movie religion like the force! how old are you people? if you are a bunch of kids under the age of 13 i would understand, but anyone older then that is a real jerkoff!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
After reading all of this i still have the unanswered question( i think) of ,"when exactly/circa did this religion start?" I have chosen Jediism as a religion to represent for a school project and i was wondering what is your history, what kind of scriptures you guys use?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
just for the record, i am a Jedi and i find Star Wars sort of BORING !!! yes, i love sci-fi but this has nothing to do with my religous choice... i am a Jedi because i am born into an age where i have been able to learn a lot about the world and it's religions and it just so happens that my beliefs align with that of the Jedi :-)

i do not attend a 'church', my body is my church, and i do not physically know another Jedi (as far as i know anyways) but i am fine with this as i have an online community of Jedi to talk with.

if there are any Jedi from Australia i would love to hear from you as i live in Victoria

mtfbwy,
Gaia Chi

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join