It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who here would DIE for their country???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
who here would DIE for their country???

please answer if you would or if you would not...

then, state the country you live in...

me:

i would not...

i live in america...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I would most certaintly, die for my country.

I live in America, and proud of it!

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Of course I would die for my country. I feel sorry for people who do not understand loving your homeland, but of course not everyone can live in Russia.

[edit on 14/6/2005 by khruschev]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster

what is the point of dying for your country???

since you cannot experience the "great" america after death, why die for it???

i don't understand...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If you are not ready to die for your country you are not yet a real man. Perhaps you will understand one day.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by khruschev
If you are not ready to die for your country you are not yet a real man. Perhaps you will understand one day.

die for:

a person maybe...

but an entire country!?!?!?

i mean, what is the point!?!?!?

what would YOU CHNAGE by doing this!?!?!?

answer:

nothing...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

what is the point of dying for your country???

since you cannot experience the "great" america after death, why die for it???

i don't understand...

Well you see, I believe I'll experance something a lot better than America after I die. Also if I die defending America I will be preserving the freedoms of other Americans. I enjoy helping other people even at the cost of my life.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

What would you change!??!?!?! You can't see the purpose of preserving Americas freedoms?!!?!?!?! Maybe we should ship you off to China and see how long it would be until you would start missing Americas freedoms. I can only hope that you learn this lesson some day. Until then...

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

What would you change!??!?!?! You can't see the purpose of preserving Americas freedoms?!!?!?!?! Maybe we should ship you off to China and see how long it would be until you would start missing Americas freedoms. I can only hope that you learn this lesson some day. Until then...

Peace

it is not like, if you don't die, america will loose its freedom...

and its not like, if you die, america's freedom will be saved...

the purpose of war is to not die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I would rather stay alive and continue fighting for my country but if I would die for my country.

One person can make a big difference. It's like 1 vote doesn't matter. Everyone's vote is one vote and without the voting you wouldn't have an election. One person fighting and dying for their country is like all the other peopel doing the same they ALL matter.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
I would rather stay alive and continue fighting for my country but if I would die for my country.

I applaud you, cpr. Truer words were never spoken.

One person can make a big difference. It's like 1 vote doesn't matter. Everyone's vote is one vote and without the voting you wouldn't have an election. One person fighting and dying for their country is like all the other peopel doing the same they ALL matter.

Again, I applaud you, cpr. But it sounds as if this bloke has his mind made up. You could argue with him until doomsday and he wouldn't change his opinion. That is one of the reasons I stopped posting after he said:"The purpose of war is not to die for your country but to make the other poor bastard die for his."

[edit on 14-6-2005 by Voidmaster]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yes, I would die for my country. I live in America.

No I am not in the military (too old) but if push came to shove, I would stand up for the country that is home. Thanks

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Screw dying for my country, I live in America.
I will die for something better.
Like family or friends, screw my country!

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
yes
USA

i think to die for your country is ok - but to die because of your country:

because your country is where your loved ones usually reside
because your country is a beautiful place to live
because your country has most of your friends living there
because your country has a great history
because your country has variety of everything (food, people, etc)
because your country is where your heart truly lies
because MY COUNTRY is the best!!!!

if anyone doesnt feel this way toward their respective country they should leave if possible. i recently moved to china. I have nothing bad to say about china ive been here for 2 months but i do feel a tremendous tug and love for the united states whenever i see our flag flying. The US has a lot of problems but at least to date we are the freest nation. U will not find a website like this in china.
ps i moved to china not because of any ill feelings toward usa my husband is from beijing and i thought it would be nice to live where he grew up - we met in usa.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   

but an entire country!?!?!?

i mean, what is the point!?!?!?

answer:

nothing...

No...the point is to make as many of the invading bastids die before you do...

Would I die to protect my country?

I would like to think I would. I would say YES...but then again I doubt any of us can say that unless we're staring death in the eye...only then we can know the true answer.

Perhaps its my love for my country...perhaps its my connection to it...the heritage of my ancestors who have gone before me. We have a saying:

"Ko au te whenua, ko te whenua ahua" - "I am the land, the land is me"

The land is not mere earth to us...it IS us...its as living and breathing as any other member of my family. So...in some way...dying for my country WOULD be dying for my family. And if it my death in some way served to protect my literal family...all the better for it.

I live in New Zealand...and I'm an NZ Maori.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If a country attacked us, I would fight for freedom, if the goverment suppreses us I will fight for my freedom.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Couldn't have said it better myself alien.

The ones here that don't seem to understand that dying for your country is dying for your faimly. The internal strife in any nation is caused by people not realizing that their country makes up one big faimly. Sure you will have arguments in a faimly or nation, but when it comes down to the line you should be willing to fight and/or die for your faimly/nation. I don't agree with a lot of viewpoints of the liberals in my country, but I would fight for their right to make them.

Oh yeah, my country USA.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- Attributed to General George Patton Jr

I would certainly; fight to make sure my enemies would die for THIER countries.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

it is not like, if you don't die, america will loose its freedom...

and its not like, if you die, america's freedom will be saved...

the purpose of war is to not die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his...

First off, Yep, I would, and I live in the Grand Ol' US. Well, I think I would, I can say for sure since I've never been under fire, but I had tried to join up about 4 years ago.

While the purpose of war may be to make the other guy die, your side loses people, too. If you don't have people on your side willing to risk that, then you won't have anyone fighting for you.

The question shouldn't really be would you die for your country, but would you risk your life for your country. Serving in the armed forces would be risking your life for your country. Dying for your country would be along the lines of what William Wallace did in Braveheart. I like to think I'd be able to do something like that, too, for my country, to preserve her freedoms and way of live I've come to cherish so much over the years, but again, I don't know for sure since I've never been in the situation.

I absloutly would risk my life for my country, though.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tana
i recently moved to china.

Excuse my big mouth. I apologize if I offended anyone at all by my previous statement about China.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join