It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

who here would DIE for their country???

page: 3
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
BTW...

what was that last line trying to imply!?!?!?

is this a competition!?!?!?



No, I just saw your response to this thread earlier probably moments after you made it and went to write my comments. By the time I had hit post, all those other replies to your statement were already there, and then the thread was dead for about an hour. I figured everyone was waiting for you to comment




posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
What if we are invaded? Then whatcha gonna do?


right now at my age (17) i wouldn't fight...

i don't even own a gun...

so, let's say "the bad guys" invade america through NY (where i live), i would NOT fight because: what use would i be???

:



They you would die. SO you wouldnt pick up something to fight for your life?

WOW what are they teaching the kids these days. BrainWashed for sure, cant do anything? just wow.



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm chinese-american
It depends what i am dieing for... if i am dieing so that the rich will gain more like iraq then no. but the second a boot land on the shores (a country invades) i will die defending it.
p.s. i live in the US

[edit on 15-6-2005 by ulshadow]



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I easily would. I got a few yrs 2 go b4 I can enlist, but still though, I've beeen wanting 2 join the military sense Middle School, and still do. That's y I'm planning 2 go all the way 2 LET 8 in JROTC[1 and 2 I finished this yr, so 10th: 3 first semester, 4 2nd, 11th: 5 1st, 6 2nd, 12th: 7 1st, 8 2nd], and like in my username, I plan 2 join a Spec Ops Unit.

ppl say that society is getting better, BUT IT'S NOT.

My motto: "Technology goes up, but society goes down."

We had Hitler and Stalin, and now we have Osama and Saddam. Sure, we had even more, but it's not getting much better. Plus, we have ppl killing there own 4 "freedom" [ :shk: ].

Y do I say that, because compared 2 the rest of the world, the US and several others, like Britian, r gold compared 2 Iraq, who's got ppl killing their own 2 "save" Iraq from us [ :shk: ], so I want 2 protect the "Gold" against terrorists.

[edit on 16-6-2005 by SEAL Trident]



posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is true 2:

We're very fortunate compared 2 other countries. Like Africa...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

TY 4 this post deepwaters.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by SEAL Trident]



posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I wouldn't. A country is a hunk of land made up of all sorts of people, good and bad, bunched together and with a flag stuck in it.
I did not sign up for a life of killing or being killed, and i would probably refuse to do it if it came to it. I am proud of some of my countries qualities and traditions, but war should never be the answer to solve any problem. I feel more strongly about that than i do the sake of any flag.



posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SEAL Trident
I easily would. I got a few yrs 2 go b4 I can enlist, but still though, I've beeen wanting 2 join the military sense Middle School, and still do. That's y I'm planning 2 go all the way 2 LET 8 in JROTC[1 and 2 I finished this yr, so 10th: 3 first semester, 4 2nd, 11th: 5 1st, 6 2nd, 12th: 7 1st, 8 2nd], and like in my username, I plan 2 join a Spec Ops Unit.

ppl say that society is getting better, BUT IT'S NOT.

My motto: "Technology goes up, but society goes down."

We had Hitler and Stalin, and now we have Osama and Saddam. Sure, we had even more, but it's not getting much better. Plus, we have ppl killing there own 4 "freedom" [ :shk: ].

Y do I say that, because compared 2 the rest of the world, the US and several others, like Britian, r gold compared 2 Iraq, who's got ppl killing their own 2 "save" Iraq from us [ :shk: ], so I want 2 protect the "Gold" against terrorists.

[edit on 16-6-2005 by SEAL Trident]


The same might be said of the US and UK though - "they're killing their own for the sake of.....", from perhaps a different perspective.

Killing others - and dying - isn't going to stop terrorism. Period.



posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Random Person
Screw dying for my country, I live in America.
I will die for something better.
Like family or friends, screw my country!


Sometimes to save your family and friends you may have to die for your country. And many people are dying so that you can have fun with family and friends. You don't have to agree with everything your country does or stands for but the attitude of "screw it" or hating a place you live is rather sad to me. If a person is so unhappy with where they live, why live there? There is no perfect place on this planet and many seem to think the grass is greener on the other side. If it is...........let me know where???

Have a good day, keep smiling.



posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
They you would die. SO you wouldnt pick up something to fight for your life?

WOW what are they teaching the kids these days. BrainWashed for sure, cant do anything? just wow.


pick up what!?!?!?

a stick and fight against people with guns for america!?!?!?

i think NOT...





posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
pick up what!?!?!?

a stick and fight against people with guns for america!?!?!?

i think NOT...




I think the question was more along the lines of, if you were dead anyway, would you go gently into that good night, or rage, rage against the dying of the light?



posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I think the question was more along the lines of, if you were dead anyway, would you go gently into that good night, or rage, rage against the dying of the light?


i would go out in a hail of gun-fire!!!

but NOT for america...

remember:

when there is an enemy invading NY, go to canada





posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
No twinkle, not all the way. It'll never b completely stopped, because there will always b a idiot that says "Hey, I think we need 2 destroy the UN/US because......."

:shk:

But, because we defeat each terror cell or organization, it'll b a lot better. That's what the spec ops r secretily doing: Destroying enemy terror cells b4 they become 2 strong, like with Al-Qaeda, but of course we won't hear bout those missions...

Y should we know that "......... Cell was planning on killing a Malaysian General, but was destroyed 2 days b4 they could." Comforting. Like the public needs 2 know that, and it would b forgotten within a week, if not sooner.

And plus, yes, we do have all these murdering and all, but it's nothing compared 2 the Middle East, Africa, and South America.

The worst "Humanitarian Crisis" is in Sudan, where 180,000 r dead, and 2 million have been moved from their homes tnx 2 Janjaweed, Arabic Militias, raids in the "Darfur" Region.

Fortunately, we don't have things like that going on here, obviously, so no offense, but we're EASILY fortunate 2 have what we do.

We have all these ppl in the "Gold" Countries who live with their parents, and complain that they "can't" make any money. They end up saying that their life is bad. Well, they should try living 1 day in Sudan, 4 ex., so they can c how "bad" their life really is.

[edit on 16-6-2005 by SEAL Trident]



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join