It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who here would DIE for their country???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I wouldn't die for America.....

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Soldiers dont die for their Country, i assume thats what we are talking about, they fight and sometimes die for each other. When you are in mortal danger, thoughts of Country and flag are far from your mind. The only thing that counts is yourself and your friends around you and your enemy to your front, nothing else matters. The world seems to shrink to very small proportions. There is just you and the guy to your left and to your right.
So if dying to protect and support your friends in combat is dying for your country then yes i would, in a heartbeat.
But the jingoism and national sabre rattling means nothing to a soldier in a life threatening situation all that matters is survival and the survival of your friends because you put your life and trust into their hands and they put their lives in yours and if you have to die to ensure their survival then so be it.
Im and ex-soldier from the UK with service in Northern Ireland and the Balkens.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
No, I would not. I do not understand what dying can accomplish, and I have no desire to be a martyr.

I would not readily die for Britain. I may however fight to defend it against invasion.

I would, undoubtedly, kill for Scotland - as I see myself as Scottish before British - and accept death as a possible consequence.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have no problem making a foreigner die for my country..

But I would not die for my country right no due to the fact the current leader would parade me around and try to convince everyone he is exactly like me.

But I would die for God

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by khruschev
If you are not ready to die for your country you are not yet a real man. Perhaps you will understand one day.

die for:

a person maybe...

but an entire country!?!?!?

i mean, what is the point!?!?!?

what would YOU CHNAGE by doing this!?!?!?

answer:

nothing...

maybe you forget that if it wasnt for all the men that gave their life in the Civil War, you would not be American but British..?? ...You die for your country in the hope you can give following generations a better life. Its suppose to be a self-less act not a selfish act.

Juts like some parents would die for their children. In the hope they could give them a good future. Not always happens but like i said its a SELFLESS act.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i am happy for those who said they wouldn't...

and i pray for the ones who said they would...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Pray for what? Pray for them in the event they are given the chance to risk their lives for their country, or pray for them to stop believing in the ideals their countries embody and to stop doing what they believe will make for a better life for their children and grandchildren?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You should pray that someone saves you when the # hits the fan. If you will not to save your freedom who will?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
how is the action of a US soldier killing a "terrorist", protecting my freedom???

you people think like this because of US propaganda...

sure, it might protect my freedom in the LONGRUN, but killing ONE "terrorist" or dying for your country DOES NOT protect my freedom...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

how is the action of a US soldier killing a "terrorist", protecting my freedom???

sure, it might protect my freedom in the LONGRUN, but killing ONE "terrorist" or dying for your country DOES NOT protect my freedom...

What if we are invaded? Then whatcha gonna do?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hmmmmm.

A loaded question, indeed.

Is it asking:

Would you die to try and save the people of your community? Yes, if I believed their cause was noble.

Would you die because the actions of your country caused the death of millions of others, and resulted in an unjust war? No. And I'd be more than a tad peeved, in all likelihood.

Would you die fighting for your country in a just war? I'm going to say "no", for religious reasons - I'd be one of those conscientious objectors....but the reality might be that I'd happily try to protect and serve - for the right cause

Would you die simply because you're a native of that country, and wouldn't care about the circumstances? No - and I think this is a foolish notion.

There's nothing noble about blind patriotism, or blind faith - both are frightening.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

No, killing one terrorist may not protect your freedom, but having millions of citizens willing to fight and die for their country does. It's just like voting. Every vote counts. Even though your one slip of paper may not change how millions of people vote, you do influence the country through that vote. If you don't vote, our system doesn't work. If you don't defend her, our country doesn't survive.

You seem to be looking at this from an individualistic perspective. America, though, is a large community of individuals. It takes more than one person to be willing to stand up for their nation and, in our case, their freedoms to protect the nation, but it does take that one person willing to take the risk for what they believe in.

EDIT: hehe And now we all wait for TSA's response

[edit on 6-15-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Tinkleflower

You are responding to the thread and not me correct?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Tinkleflower

You are responding to the thread and not me correct?

Right

(To be perfectly honest, I didn't see where you posted anything that would fit the response? It was just to the thread. I'm the resident hippy, peacelover beatnik, you know?
)

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

(To be perfectly honest, I didn't see where you posted anything that would fit the response? It was just to the thread. I'm the resident hippy, peacelover beatnik, you know?
)

Gee thanks, I am hippy also, I think. Who knows what stereo-type I am.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Not a problem.

It was the first stereotype I could think of at short notice.

I'm good like that, you know.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This topic is becoming "Who here would DIE for USA???", so try and keep it based on general view.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

This topic is becoming "Who here would DIE for USA???", so try and keep it based on general view.

Ha Ha Ha, yeah dats true. Is there anybody from another country willing to die for their country?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
What if we are invaded? Then whatcha gonna do?

right now at my age (17) i wouldn't fight...

i don't even own a gun...

so, let's say "the bad guys" invade america through NY (where i live), i would NOT fight because: what use would i be???

also, america has been invaded ONLY ONCE in this ENTIRE history of the US...

it's not likely it will ever happin, by in today's world, who knows...

exactly...

thank you...

Originally posted by junglejake
No, killing one terrorist may not protect your freedom, but having millions of citizens willing to fight and die for their country does. It's just like voting. Every vote counts. Even though your one slip of paper may not change how millions of people vote, you do influence the country through that vote. If you don't vote, our system doesn't work. If you don't defend her, our country doesn't survive.

You seem to be looking at this from an individualistic perspective. America, though, is a large community of individuals. It takes more than one person to be willing to stand up for their nation and, in our case, their freedoms to protect the nation, but it does take that one person willing to take the risk for what they believe in.

EDIT: hehe And now we all wait for TSA's response

[edit on 6-15-2005 by junglejake]

correct...

but look at what i said to khruschev...

BTW...

what was that last line trying to imply!?!?!?

is this a competition!?!?!?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
FWIW, I'm talkin for both countries; where I've lived for the past 8 years (the US), and where I lived for the other 23 (the UK).

Same rules apply. For me, at least.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join