It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabras

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
ID, I sincerely apologize, I accidentally deleted your post. Luckily I copied it in case of this happening, so here it is. The following was posted by ID.

Seriously though, I'm a little skeptical of the wildly varying accounts

Yeah I hear you on that. I think that the people who say that it has wings are either never actually saw it or mistook the spines on its back for tiny wings. As for the fur it was dark when most of the sightings occurred and my guess is the people who reported that it had fur did not get a good look at the sucker (it was most likely
running into the woods). Almost all of the accounts of El Chupacabra are the same and I calk the discrepancies up to people making things up. I can see a Puerto
Rican farmer saying he saw it too just to get some attention.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
ID, there is definitely more than one. In my post I stated that the reports started in Porto Rico. All the recent reports (going back at least 3 years) have been in Chile and Argentina. I don't think the one in Porto Rico moved residence. There are more and possibly reproducing. Now what do you think would happen if that reproduction went un-checked? I guess we'll have to see if the reports begin in other wooded countries.

ID

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well, Proudamerican at least I am not crazy. I looked back here about 10 minutes later and was puzzled to find my post up and gone. Not a problem though man (just don't ever let it Fing happen again, kidding of course).

If there are several El Chupacabras on our planet and they have begun to reproduce this could cause some serious problems. The only predator it might have would be us and even that may not be true as we have no idea just how powerful these creatures are. With no natural predators we may find our throne as top of the food chain threatened in the near future.

The other possibility is that the recent reports are simply fabrications. Could they simply be carrying on the myth in their own country to get attention? It may not be a likely explanation but it certainly is possible. I believe this to be the case with some of the more foreign Bigfoot sightings.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I didn't realise there had been as many replies as there are now. I dunno to be honest if I even believe in this creature or not but if it does exist then we could be right royally screwed here ppl. I say we get a well fortified location and arm it to the teeth, right in the middle of Puerto Rico, lol. I was thinking along the lines of RPG7's, M60's, Miniguns, Bolt Action Sniper Rifles and a few MP5's and P90's.

And btw, I don't play SOCOM, I don't even own a PS2 although I am really nuts.

The existence of this creature would concern me, a lot. It's the sorta thing that could wipe out the human race, not to mention the seemingly defenseless animals that we co-exist with. If it can put animals in a trance too then it may be able to do it with us. Police officers have reported shooting at it to see their bullets be repelled, supposedly.

I seriously wouldn't go looking for those things without some some sort of high velocity, high rate of fire automatic weapons. They scare the hell outa me.

Even if they don't exist as ppl claim them to, something is still doing all that crap in Rico, Chupacabras or not...

ID

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I say we get a well fortified location and arm it to the teeth, right in the middle of Puerto Rico, lol. I was thinking along the lines of RPG7's, M60's, Miniguns, Bolt Action Sniper Rifles and a few MP5's and P90's.

NOW YOUR SPEAKING MY LANGUAGE! Though I would have added independently targeting twin linked turret mounted howitzers.

I do not believe El Chupacabras poses THAT big of a threat. Due to the small number of sightings I would say that if there are more then one of these things and they have begun to reproduce they must have a very slow gestation rate or, like pandas, go into heat very rarely. We will know in the near future if my above speculations are correct or not (I.E. many more sightings).

As for the repelling bullets thing I believe that to be completely fictional. Granted these types of occurrences have been reported in Grey sightings I do not believe we are dealing with an intelligent creature or at least not one with the mental ability to repel bullets. I do believe the fact that it puts animals in the area into a trance. This could be done with pheromones or odd frequency noise (I have no clue I am not very learned in these fields). How ever it does this I do not believe it is conscious of the fact that this happens it is simply a natural hunting tool.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Sorry I left out that vital additional piece of weaponary. Yea a few ground to air missiles would be a right laugh. Assuming this creature can't fly, or hell, even if it can, I think the USAF might have a bit of fun with good old Chupacabras.

The human race will prevail...

Hell, we've wiped out entire species before, WE CAN DO IT AGAIN! lol

ID

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Hell, we've wiped out entire species before, WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!
I my friend am tearing up after that comment. God bless humanity bane of nature!

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
nah I don't really agree with wiping out species considering every time it's happened in the past it wasn't for anything as glorious as self-preservation.

I wouldn't do it personally for anything short of saving humanity from extinction.

ID

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yeah I do agree I was simply joking with my last statement. The problem with us wiping out species is that we never know how useful they could have been to the environment or to medical research. Also by doing so we remove a key portion of the ecosystem that has been carefully constructed by years of evolution. By doing this more species then the one you eliminated may be directly effected.

El Chupacabra however is an odd case because we do not know its origins. If it were from another planet/demention or if it is a government test then we may have to wipe them out in order to save the ecosystem already in place. The only other option would be to capture every single one of them and, having barley seen them, I think this would be an extremely daunting task. The only reason that I can see us leaving El Chupacabra to it's own devices is on the rare chance that it is in fact a part of our planets evolutionary system. I have no idea what it would have evolved from but hey anything is possible.

ID

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I found a good site on The Goatsucker. Below is a passage for the site that I found of particular interest.

With the steady decline of tropical rain forests, the believed natural habitat of The Goatsucker, on Puerto Rico and Central America, El Chupacabra may be in search of better hunting grounds. Over the last two years there have been an increase in sightings of Chupas in Central, South, and North America. It would appear that The Goatsucker is on the move to a neighborhood near you. Yikes!

Here is the link in case some of yall want to read the whole story.

www.suite101.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yea, I havn't actually taken the time to read the article you posted ID but I heard something about that. I think it was one of the reasons a lot of people seem to think that Chupacabras can fly, either that or it must be able to swim for extended periods of time.

Anyway, gonna read all of that article, later

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Ocelot is from Puerto Rico.. I think he has the best info on those goatsuckers (english translation)...

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well the goatsucker phenomena is nothing new to us Puerto Ricans since we've been living with it here in PR for many years now. The recent wave of sightings started in the mid nineties and has continued over the years to the present. Having seen what this creature can do with my own eyes I can safely say that the phenomena is real. Ive seen many cases from around my home town of this creature's handywork.

Many people who Ive talked to who have seen the animal say its about 3-4 feet tall. Has reptilian looking skin and walks kind of hunched over and with glowing red eyes. The creature can run really fast and can climb trees faster than any anymal they've seen. The animal mostly kills goats but I've seen cases where it has been blamed for the deaths of dogs, chickens, rabbits, and other animals. All dying the same way. All the blood drained from their bodies and puncture wounds in the animal's neck.

Although sightings have quieted down in PR over the years there is still the ocasional sighting reported. As to the theories of how this animal came to be there are many.The most popular theory is that the animal is some sort of US Government Genetic experiment mixing alien DNA with reptile DNA creating some sort of genetic mutation. The animal was believed to have escaped from the Secret Army Research Facility that is hidden deep within "El Yunque" rainforest here in PR.

The reason for this is that after one of the big hurricanes that hit PR in the begining of the 90's residents that live near "El Yunque" reported seeing the US army patrolling their neighborhoods as if looking for something. The local media got wind of it and when asked an army spokesman said they were doing some excersices and nothing more. Apparently the hurricane caused some damage to the facility and several of the animals escaped. Shortly after that incident the chupacabra animal killings started happening first around that area, and they spread to many spots around the island. It is believed that more than one animal is involved.

Thats basically the whole story in a nutshell. If you need any more info send me a U2U and I'll be happy to post about all the stuff that I know. And believe me.... theres more.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ID

I guess by the simple fact alone that it feeds on animals makes it intelligent, otherwise humans would fall victim to it also.

Not true, the reason it has only attacked animals is that they are the most easily obtained source of food. Humans are much larger and more powerful, it would be much more difficult for it to take one of us down then taking down a goat. This habit shows that it is not intelligent but is acting on instinct. The reason it has not explored human populated animals is that it (like most animals) is afraid of us. If my theory about it not being intelligent is correct then it would be terrified of the lights and sounds of a city or well populated area. This would explain why it attacks rural farms.

As for how it got here I do not believe it was dropped. What would dropping a Chupacabra on earth do? No, I believe it being here is a mistake I think it escaped during a crash. There have been reported crashes of unidentified flying objects in Puerto Rico.

Here is a good question for you: Could there be more then one El Chupacabra out there?

bullets, machetes, knives and other weapons didn't even faze it... what the hell makes you so sure that humans can even tangle with this... thing

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ID

Hell, we've wiped out entire species before, WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!
I my friend am tearing up after that comment. God bless humanity bane of nature!

hehe for thousands of years mother nature has brought plague, famine, vacanoes, heat waves, tornadoes, hurricanes, fires and other disasters now that humanity suddenly started throwing plastic cups on the ground mother nature started bitching at us, how funny.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
That if the critter was warm blooded,it would be as easy to track as those dufusses on those reality cop shows are,with thermal imagery,lots of other tech would make the search easier too.
Considering the fact that no real evidence has come forward to verify this thingies existence,it is either a hoax,or it is being suppressed.
To make thing perfectly un-clear..........

ID

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Wow lots of responses while I was asleep. First of thank you Ocelot for your post it truly did help. I will u2u you in a little bit as I am very interested in El Chupacabra and would like to know as much as I can about it.
As for the alien reptile theory I am skeptical. How would mixing these two sets of genetic material create a bloodsucker? As far as I know greys do not drink blood and neither do lizards. I do think it is quite possible that it is a government experiment but there has to be more to it then that. Also why would the government want to create a creature that sucks all the blood from animals? It doesn't seem all that useful if you ask me.

Also with regard to the whole weapon repulsion thing that El Chupacabra seems to be able to do there are really only one of two things that can account for it. The first being that it is in fact from outer space. The other that the people wielding these weapons were so frightened that they saw something that did not actually happen. I do not believe any government is (as of now) capable of creating a creature that can repel bullets.

That if the critter was warm blooded,it would be as easy to track as those dufusses on those reality cop shows are,with thermal imagery,lots of other tech would make the search easier too.

Due to the fact that all the reports suggest a reptilian like skin I am going to say that it is not warm blooded and if it is alien it may not when have blood to begun with. Their physiology is not known to us and I doubt it is very similar to ours.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
As far I know this is a supposed model of what you are looking for.

Does this fit in with your discriptions?

ID

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Howdy DJDOHBOY,

No, I am afraid not. I have seen this picture before. Some call It El Chupacabra and some say it is one of them bread with a dog. That is not however what El Chupacabra is supposed to look like. No glowing red eyes and no reptilian skin.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Unfortunately I had to learn about this thing on a vacation to Disney World. What was I, 7, 8, 9? They had an illustration and explained it all and said it was in Miami. It didn't help that my brother told me they traveled in packs. And that I had to stay unwater to avoid them... Then there was a little red glow on the TV and I thought it was either the devil or their eyes. Eek. The last time there was a topic about it, I did a bit of research, much to my dismay, and learned one was spotted in Michigan. MICHIGAN! In broad daylight! DAYLIGHT! I thought we'd be safe due to harsh Chicago winters. NOOO! As soon as I can I'm getting a shotgun.

As for the repelling bullets, it could go along with the alien pet left behind theory. Humans give dogs flee collars to protect them from harm. If you had the technology, wouldn't you want to protect them from most all harm? Personally, I don't believe the alien thing or the repelling bullet thing, not even the wing thing. But if these things happen to be true, that's ye olde theory.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join