It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabras

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
ID

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Screw that. I figure if I'm stupid enough to jump off a roof onto a skateboard (and at this point I actually figured I could do it) or run and jump into a soccer net (which really hurt cause I hit it really hard, then it collapsed and I fell ontop of it before bouncing into the air and onto the ground) then I figure I'm pretty damn stupid.

Wow RobHimself you just made yourself sound really smart.

Anyway, sorry I beat ya to the Chup topic ID it's just that I was really bored and needed to do something so... mneh...

No problem man I just said that because you seemed surprised at the amount of info I had on the topic.

Alright, back to... that thing in the corner of the bigger thing with the things on it that help when you're... you know... like that...

Haha what the hell were you trying to say there Rob?

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Alright, back to... that thing in the corner of the bigger thing with the things on it that help when you're... you know... like that...

I think it was something along the lines of:

Alright, back to... that bed in the corner of the room with the comfy stuff on it that helps when you're tired...

And I was kinda surprised about the amount of info you have on Chupacabras. Btw, I guess I sort of agree with you on the whole Chup intelligence thing. I think they're basically just as dumb as most animals. Yes, they all have a certain intelligence but only to a point. Telepathic abilities would imply that is can interpret what people are thinking, but I would doubt it could even understand what people are saying let alone thinking (unless thoughts are a lot more simple than I realise).

Besides, I how many times have these creatures came near humans and been shot at? I mean, you don't have to have much intelligence to realise that if someone tries to shoot you (or in ID's case take you apart with a Howitzer) then you really don't want to screw with that person. No???

ID

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
You make a good point about them coming back and getting shot at again and again. I believe that they simply do not remember previous encounters. The average memory span of a squirrel is 3 seconds, I am not saying these things are THAT dumb but they may simply not remember things long enough for it to become a factor. As for bullets bouncing off of it when it is shot at. This does not probe intelligence. That is like saying a chameleon is intelligent because it can change colors. It is not intelligence it is a defense mechanism.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Agreed. Since when was a cat intelligent just cause it can catch a mouse? I doubt bullets really bounce off them and even if they did, what makes it any different from any other natural defence mechanism? e.g. hedgehogs, they automatically scrunch up into a ball so that anyone who tries to touch them gets pricked.

I guess it's possible that they don't have a long memory span, although I'm no expert by far but dogs seem to be able to remember things (although maybe only if they are recurring such as somebodies face or voice).

I dunno, I'll think about it and have a look but I doubt anybody has speculated much on the memory span of these creatures somehow.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I've just thought of something tho. If the Chups can repel bullets, I doubt it is the true purpose of such a defense mechanism. I mean, any creature that was designed with the ability to repel bullets worries me because I doubt nature did it. If this is a natural creature then this function must only be a by-product of it's true function (whatever that could be).

ID

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I doubt very much that this creature is in fact a product of nature. If it were we would be able to link it to some other animal currently in existence. Since there seems to be no visible line of evolution I conclude that however it got here our nature had nothing to do with it. Be it other worldly or simply a genetic experiment natural selection is not responsible for this creature. I am skeptical that as to it's ability to repel bullets. I believe this was simply an exaggeration. At times of great stress the mind has been known to play tricks on people. I know if I had just seen a Chubacabra I may not be thinking clearly either.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I still think its a large bat of somekind, or then its a man faking it all. But the red beamy eyes might just be light reflecting from its eyes.

Sometimes my dogs eyes seem to glow red when the light reflects from them.

ID

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I do not believe a man could successfully pull off these attacks however if that is the case (anything is possible) I would like to shake his hand as he has created one of the greatest hoaxes of all time. I do like your theory about the reflecting eyes Outtis. It would seem unlikely that the creatures eyes were actually glowing. My reason being that having glowing eyes would not help the creature in it's attacks but rather hinder it's progress. Many of the witnesses saw the thing at night. It is possible that they were carrying flashlights and as they caught a glimpse of this thing the light reflected back giving the appearance of glowing eyes. The only reason I could see that El Chupacabra would have glowing eyes is if it was somehow related to the hypnotic state of it's victims.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
my theory (probably not true but would make a great movie)

The chup was designed as a genetically enhanced, super earth-adapted weapon by the first, so called, empirical aliens on this planet. The reason it can reflect bullets is the result of bio-implants of either a shield generator or of psychic nature. I doubt the aliens would want it very smart as to make it more controllable. To be a super-weapon on earth, it would have to be bio-engineered to swim pretty good too.

The greys came down and put a stop to the tests and engineering, but kind of kept it as a pet. It was such a marvel of engineering, they did tests on it for a long time. Then, the power on the saucer cut for a second, the creature got out of its static force container and attacked the aliens. This was somewhere over Roswell New Mexico. The craft crashes. The Area 51 guys find it in pretty bad shape along with the near death aliens. But this chup has great healing abilities....kind of like a gecko that can re-grow its tell. The creatures analysis was, at first, that this was a weak creature since it was limping around everywhere. It was engineered to limp around everywhere. If caught, It releases a depressant so not to give away to its captors that it is, indeed, a super killing machine.

The researchers found that it really likes goats( part of bio-engineering....it was meant to live off the great supply of human livestock). The researchers wanted to do a test to see how it would hunt in the wild. They did it in one of those big aircraft hangers. The researchers didn't know that it could jump 50 feet and it escaped out one of the windows. This was in the year 1959; around the time of the first sighting. It moved out of Area 51, New Mexico and traveled East to Arizona where the first encounter was recorded.

Clones were made and shipped to other bases like the one in Puerto Rico. The government still wanted to get research but didn't want the possibility it would be released in the continental U.S. This one later escaped after a hurricane caused damage to the facility

What do you guys think?

[Edited on 1-9-2003 by TheManWithThePlan]

ID

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Not bad, not bad at all. But there are a few holes in your theory. If it is in fact a super weapon as you claim then why does it only attack small animals? And why does it run when it sees humans? If it were in fact a super weapon it would not be afraid of us nor would it need to live off of small animals.

Why after finding out that it was a super weapon would they have cloned it? You stated that after it escaped it's clones were shipped to Puerto Rico and so forth. Why would they do this after finding out it's abilities?

Also how is it a super weapon if all it does is drain the blood from livestock? Sounds more like a simply animal then a weapon of mass destruction.

I do like your thoughts on the fact that it may have originated from the crash at Rowel, this would explain why it was seen here in the US so long ago. I had not thought of this before.

After hearing this much evidence I do not believe that the two attacks are related. By this I mean that there were two separate crashes. One in the united states and one in Puerto Rico. I have yet to find any similarities between the two but there was said to be I high number of UFO sightings in Puerto Rico before the first sightings of El Chupacabra, also I believe there was a pretty nasty storm down there.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Not bad, not bad at all.

thanks

it is in fact a super weapon as you claim then why does it only attack small animals? And why does it run when it sees humans? If it were in fact a super weapon it would not be afraid of us nor would it need to live off of small animals.

1.)It is just trying to survive. And we don't know what we did to it when we caught the thing. Probably all kinds of experiments. After that, I wouldn't like humans either

Why after finding out that it was a super weapon would they have cloned it? You stated that after it escaped it's clones were shipped to Puerto Rico and so forth. Why would they do this after finding out it's abilities?

They wanted to clone it cause it is a "super weapon" designed for Earth. They did not clone it after it escaped because they didn't have the thing anymore. They must("must" is a bad word...this is just speculation) of cloned it before it escaped. They both were held at Area51 tell the first one escaped and then the second one was shipped away for the aforementioned reasons. The alien researchers and the defense department still, of course, wanted to study it and perhaps turn it into a controllable weapon. After seeing how high it could jump, their interest in the creature was only heightened.

Also how is it a super weapon if all it does is drain the blood from livestock? Sounds more like a simply animal then a weapon of mass destruction.

Just trying to survive my friend. I think it can do a lot more then that but has no reason to go on a killing spree. The aggressive and controllable nature of Chups weren't finished because the greys put a stop to the 3rd phase of testing. Testing and, indeed, the development of weapons projects come in 3 phases (feasibility, components and the assimilation of components into a whole weapons system). The project only got to the end of the 2nd phase.

[Edited on 1-9-2003 by TheManWithThePlan]

ID

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Very interesting. I have yet another question for you though. How would scientists be able to clone this thing back in the 1950s? I mean we are just now coming up with the technology to clone humans. Humans which we have had years to study. I find it very unlikely that we would be successful in cloning a creature whose DNA structure, body composition, and mode of reproduction we know nothing about. It is likely that if El Chupacabra is other worldly then it would reproduce much differently. Possible A sexually as this would explain the increase in sightings spawning from one original creature.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
What if it was a super weapon that was one of a two part idea designed to wipe out humans by irradicating their food supply. The creators would come up with a second creature that would devour all plant life too.

This could remove all the food on earth, meat and plants.

Or maybe, it was a consipracy to make everyone vegetarians!!!

btw, I do realise that this is the most hopeless idea I've had yet... lol

[Edited on 3-9-2003 by RobHimself]

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ID
How would scientists be able to clone this thing back in the 1950s? I mean we are just now coming up with the technology to clone humans. Humans which we have had years to study. I find it very unlikely that we would be successful in cloning a creature whose DNA structure, body composition, and mode of reproduction we know nothing about.

thats what u think...u dont think scientist had this technology back then???well i dont no all the way back then but im sure weve had it alot longer then you'd like to think...im sure we were ABLE to clone humans ten-twenty yrs ago...whether we DID or NOT we will never no...i wouldnt rule this out yet...

about they theory with the chup's dont atack humans cause there scared...well arent dogs scared of us 2???im sure most(i think but not sure) r not very scared of us at all...use wolf for example(this would be the best example since its wild)its visciosly kills dear and other game...if it saw a human im sure it would rip his azz to shreds...not all do but a god deal would...from all the sightings of Chup's you'd think this woulda happend by now...also if this thing has viscios teeth(kinda like a wolf) it sure as hell would no leave the dots behind... it would leave teeth marks thrashing blood and lots of other crap...chup's dont...dont they drain the blood???supoudolly???
BIGFOOT

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This must be the chupacabra. At least they look evil, dont they?

Hmm.. hypnotic state of the victims? It may be exaggerated.. you know how fear makes you all stiff and you stumble around even in the smallest things. The "hypnotic" state might have been caused by fear?

Let's not close out the possibility of the animal being something we have never seen, but it could be a large cat? or a snake?

[Edited on 3-9-2003 by Outtis]

ID

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   

about they theory with the chup's dont atack humans cause there scared...well arent dogs scared of us 2???im sure most(i think but not sure) r not very scared of us at all.
Dogs are domesticated animals and are very used to our presence. Most wild animals do not enjoy interacting with humans and will attack us only to protect themselves, their young, or when no other food it available. Also there are many misconceptions about wolves. I saw a special on The Animal Planet last summer about wolves, this special claimed that there had never been a single recorded attack of a wolf on a human. I am sure it has in fact happened but it is extremely rare. And a wolf would not simply go out of it's way to kill you.

also if this thing has viscios teeth(kinda like a wolf) it sure as hell would no leave the dots behind... it would leave teeth marks thrashing blood and lots of other crap...chup's dont...dont they drain the blood???supoudolly???
Have you even been paying attention man? That was one of the first things mentioned. Yes, they suck blood and when the victim is found NO blood is left in it. There is no blood on the victims body or on the ground surrounding it. Also there are no footprints around the animal. I do not believe that the Fangs of El Chupacabra are anything like that of a wolves. I believe that El Chupacabras blood sucking fangs are most likely hollow and suck blood directly from the two puncture wounds.

Hmm.. hypnotic state of the victims? It may be exaggerated.. you know how fear makes you all stiff and you stumble around even in the smallest things. The "hypnotic" state might have been caused by fear?
The hypnotic state does not refer to humans but the surrounding animals. The basic instinct of any animal is to fight or flee, given that this thing is a predator the instinct that should have been followed (running) was not. Humans have not been reportedly affected in this manor.

Let's not close out the possibility of the animal being something we have never seen, but it could be a large cat? or a snake?
Both of these examples would leave tracks as well as some blood on and in the victim.

Please understand I am not simply blindly defending El Chupacabra, if someone provides a logical alternative explanation I will certainly listen but as of now none has been able to do so.

Keep on brainstorming, I love discussing this thing!

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
its a huge vampire bat that also has the ability to crawl on the ground

ID

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   

its a huge vampire bat that also has the ability to crawl on the ground
So your saying screw eyewitness accounts or the fact that none of the other animals made a sound during the attacks, including guard dogs? Also the thing would have to land in order to suck the blood from the animal, either that or latch onto the animal with it's claws. In any event there would be evidence of it. Not to mention the fact that vampire bats drink half their body weight in blood each day and the attacks are far to infrequent to support this. Also vampire bats produce saliva that keeps blood from clotting and no such saliva was reported at ANY of the attacks.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Not all animals fight of flee. Rabbits have been attacked and I think they're a lot like guinea pigs. I had two guinea pigs a while back and whenever they got scared they just froze.

ID

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That is because they are domesticated. We are referring to farm animals which are in no way domesticated. They are in aggression but they are not as heavily domesticated as house pets. Horses and chickens run when they are scared and pigs will squeal their brains out. But not a sound came from any of the farms the night they were attacked.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join