It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Permenant Magnet motor

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hmmm. I will have to do that! Thanks for the tip!

There are a few designs mentioned in this thread, but the design I am working on currently involves the forces of gravity, magnetism, and -- although it isn't necessarily a force -- leverage. The design literally re-invents the wheel, and makes it so that it turns itself. It is useless without gravity BTW, so magnetism actually plays a small part in its function. As soon as I figure out how to export it somehow to a JPG, or GIF, I will post it. It will probably be met with skepticism, which is fine, because it may not work, but I will never know for sure until I try it. I am fairly certain though that there isn't anything else out there like it. I haven't read the link you posted yet, so it may still completely change my POV. We'll see!

-P

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
Before you go ahead, perhaps you should read this (long) thread from Physics Forums:

www.physicsforums.com...

In which someone posts the idea for a "perpetual motion" motor such as the one you are discussing. Several physicists show how it is actually impossible, and in quite a lot of detail, though it isn't too technical at all.

You'll learn a lot about how electrical motors work anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Okay there were 4 pages of what seemed like a TON of useful information. Fortunately the design I am working on is:

a. Not nearly that complicated.
b. Reliant on more than just magnetism.

BTW I have read through that design, and I agree with what the skeptics are essentially saying, that force cancelation still requires power, in much the same way as it would in a traditional motor. Whether it yields better efficiencies is an unknown to me though. Not enough of an expert, but hopefully well be in the not too distant furture. But one key concept missing though was that I believe you can shield magnetism without electromagnetism. I think all it takes is a material that is attracted to magnets to do it. I think he wanted electromagnets though, because he would have better control over it.

-P

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
Before you go ahead, perhaps you should read this (long) thread from Physics Forums:

www.physicsforums.com...

In which someone posts the idea for a "perpetual motion" motor such as the one you are discussing. Several physicists show how it is actually impossible, and in quite a lot of detail, though it isn't too technical at all.

You'll learn a lot about how electrical motors work anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The second link you provided actually doesn't work, as of this evening. I will try back later, but it looks to be pretty good. I thought that the document that the first link sent me to was interesting. It mentioned that generators aren't actually generators, but more of a pump, which I found rather interesting. I really liked your third point too. It seems like it becomes increasingly important to be able to visualize the magnetic flux to know how to manipulate it.

-P

Originally posted by jumpspace
Hopefully this will help as well:

1) Work on a "resonance" frequency for your motor
2) Tap into a vortex (ie motor needs to be spinning horizontally)
3) Imagine the motor as "one" complete permanent magnet with magnetism flowing throughout the motor in total harmony
4) Resonance is the key

Another good lead; read Henry T. Moray regarding "harmony". Page 30 of the following:

www.tesla.hu...

talks about "electrical" charge, however the same principal can be applied for "magnetic" charge.

A bundle of good info can be found at:

web.archive.org...*/www.magneticenergy.com...

Look at the various romag motors etc in the archives and read the notes re "charging" of the system. www.magneticenergy.com has been closed down for some time now...not sure why and no response from the domain holder.

Cheers

JS

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Check out the following .... Lutec Australia

MEG USA. This site is rather extensive and shows how it works and why every house does not have one; at least according to them.

Not so sure about this one

And i have not spent much time looking either.....

Stellar

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
StellarX:

Aaahhh...Mr Tom Bearden (www.cheniere.org...).

He is a KING...along with John Bedini (www.icehouse.net...)

Together, they have given us the direction we need.

Happy reading

Cheers

JS

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by postings
Eh, are you sure? Why do they call them permenant magnets?

Because they are douchebags. There is no such thing as a permanent magnet. The atoms that make up the magnet are not required to stay in perfect alignment. Any atom that they interact with has the ability to destabilize their configuration that makes them magnetic. Go read a physics book.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
[
Well I am back in operation and in my new digs.Great place here in the mountains.I haven't equipped my shop yet due to some unforseen medical issues, but I am able to do some light work.

I knocked together a small copy of what I had built back in the 70's.It worked ok for a while, but as I wasn't able to do any precision machining the device was unstable and kept spinning out of balance.Ads soon as I can source out some affordable magnets I will be building a working model.

I must remind that a motor made out of or from permanent magnets is neither permanent nor free energy.Both of those terms in use of energy discussions should be avoided.It tend to lend a scam atmosphere to the working theories behind the science of it all.

With the temporary I just built there was next to no torque available making it merely a novelty and of no real use. The thing I want to concentrate on is how to develop a PM motor with sufficient torque to provide some mechanical affect on another device,such as a generator.

Well, off to the other topics now.I have been away from the net for too long and want to catch up.

Later...

[edit on 18-11-2005 by bargaindan]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Bargaindan,
This is great! Sorry to hear about your health issues. I have had similar problems which have kept me from working on this stuff. Once you have found a good magnet source, let me know. I want to do business with them as well. I would also be interested in building a replica of what you are building if you would not mind? I am pretty excited that you are back into it!

-P

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
hey postings and co., long time no posts! so how's work coming along? Anyone built a finished model as of yet?

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Anyone built a finished model as of yet?

No. And they never will. As far as the LUTEC1000 goes the inventor has at least two national television shows that are dedicated to the promotion and financing of such devices. No sign of it yet. They are all hoaxs'.

abc.net.au...
seven.com.au...

[edit on 20/11/05 by The Block]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
Check out the following .... Lutec Australia

MEG USA. This site is rather extensive and shows how it works and why every house does not have one; at least according to them.

Not so sure about this one

You should bear in mind that none of these companies has ever publicly demonstrated over unity in any of these devices. You might notice a common theme running through them in that that they are always just about to get a device to market, but for some reason (have a guess) never quite do. You can look at these sites again in 5 years and see that production or public demonstration is still "imminent".

These are just 3 examples of the hundreds of magnet based perpetual motion machines that people have been attempting to build for over a hundred years with no success.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I just today read an article on PhysOrg News about rare earth magnets. The article was a summary report on an atomic level examination of them (the first ever done). According to the article they learned enough in that examination to be able to make them better that they currently are. The article didn't say how much better, but from the way it was worded it sounded like it might be quite a bit.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Oh for god sake i think i will make one, market and sell one faster than these hoaxers can say PMM. There ya go.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Shadow, that's what this forum is all about. If you can make it, go for it. Unfortunately money makes the world go around, and I am a little short on it currently. Need to find someone good with machining, and find a good place to purchase magnets. Just glad to hear that Bargaindan is back into it. Sounded like he had some minor success the other day.

-P

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
OK Postings,this is a basic outline of what I built.I remind you it was thrown together pretty quickly,and I have not set up all my tools yet so it was done all by hand.Because of that it was off on the balance of the shaft and other points.After the Christmas rush at work I will be able to devote some time to doing a better build.

Basically you take two pieces of PVC piping.One fits inside the other.I used round disc magnets with holes in the middle,and brass screws to attach them.
On the smaller diameter piece attach your magnets to the outside.Glue end caps to each end.Drill a hole through the center of each cap and secure a shaft of sufficient length to go beyond the ends of the larger piece.
On the larger diameter piece attach the magnets to the inside.You need to have the diameters large enough so that the device can allow the inner assembly to rotate freely.On one end of this part glue an end cap with a hole drilled tthe same size as the shaft you have selected.On the other end attach a threaded end cap,with a hole drilled into the insert portion.
Slide the inner assembly(smaller pipe) into the bigger one and thread the end cap plug into the fitting.
If you have your magnets set up right the inner assembly will spin.You need to secure the outer assemblt to keep it stable.I used a couple of large two hole pipe straps.

Like I said before,I got no torque out of this at all worth having,so it was useless as a working device.Its main point to life at that time was as a novelty.But it showed me that my memory ain't as bad as my wife thinks it is.I built a device like this back in 73-74 for a school project in physics.

I think the real problem in any device like this is to get enough torque out of it to perform any useful function,like running a generator.But anyhow,I am going to try to solve that problem after the first of the new year.

I'll try to get a working drawing done and post it later on.I haven't time to do that this week.

Also remember that I have said that 'free energy,perpetual motion and permanent magnet" terms are all really misnomers.None of those things can really exist in the universe we call home.But there isn't anything to stop us from trying,is there?

Till next time...

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I don't know the guys name, but there is a man, that has actually used magnets to make power, like a generator. He's been fighting the Patent Board for 20 to 30 years, trying his hardest to get them to let him patent it so he can turn around & sell it, but the Patent Board keeps sabotaging his efforts, by grounding out his invention. by charging him all kinds of fees to test it everytime he brings it to them, etc. You name it, they're doing it to screw him over.

It's something that's not supposed to be grounded, because grounding it lessens the power output. He used a 9 Volt Battery as the start-up motor, kind of like a car battery with the starter in your car, just as a small jump start to get it going. Look it up on the Internet, I'm sure you can track it down.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanLeonidas
It's something that's not supposed to be grounded, because grounding it lessens the power output. He used a 9 Volt Battery as the start-up motor, kind of like a car battery with the starter in your car, just as a small jump start to get it going. Look it up on the Internet, I'm sure you can track it down.

I'm not sure how gounding would lessen power output from the device..? There are hundreds, if not 1000s of these devices on the net - you'll have to give us a bit more detail if we're going to look at it.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
LOL me too. Damned money!!!! *gives evils to money*

Whats up with your thread on the research project forum?

[edit on 22-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am trying really hard to keep chatter out of it, so I haven't posted to it much.

Bargaindan,
Do you mind if I post your last how-to message on that forum? Or you can if you want? The mods for that forum really want serious information posted there, and your last post to this one was pretty strong in that regard. Let me know what you think, and as soon as I get an opportunity, I will be attempting to build what you suggest based on your directions.

-P

Originally posted by Shadow88
LOL me too. Damned money!!!! *gives evils to money*

Whats up with your thread on the research project forum?

[edit on 22-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ok so ive almost finished the CAD models of (my interpretation of) a PMM - Started them on Wednesday - (sound so ominous
lol like ZPM Stargate)

If you like i will post them shortly. But which thread? this one or the Research Project. I would think the latter as it is R+D, not chatter

[edit on 25-11-2005 by Shadow88]

[edit on 25-11-2005 by Shadow88]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join